Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 04:22 pm
Facts About Glen Rice Jr
|Celebrated Name||Glen Rice Jr|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Glen Rice Jr|
|Birth Name||Glen Anthony Rice Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Miami, Florida|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Famous For||Basketball Player|
|High School||Walton High School|
|College / University||Georgia Tech University|
|Height||6 feet 6 inches|
|Net Worth||$35 Million|
|Father||Glen Rice Sr.|
|Brothers||G'mitri Rice and Giancarlo Rice|
|Source of Wealth||Sports Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Glen Anthony Jr. is an American professional basketball swingman with the Washington Wizards of the National Basketball Association. He was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2013 NBA Draft but he was traded on draft night to the Wizards. As a professional, He has developed a reputation as a dunker, earning an invitation to the D-League slam dunk contest and then earning two slam dunk of the day recognitions in the 2013 NBA Summer League. Let's know more about him and his career through this article.
What is Glen Rice Jr famous for?
- An American professional basketball player who last played for the New Zealand Breakers of the National Basketball League (NBL).
- MVP of the 2014 NBA Summer League and the 2018 Israeli State Cup.
Where is Glen Rice Jr from?
Recalling his early life, Glen was born in Miami, Florida to his parents Glen Rice Sr. and Tracey Starwood as Glen Anthony Rice Jr. His father was the all-time leading scorer for Michigan who was a member of the 1999-2000 Los Angeles Lakers championship team. He is American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. He has three siblings.
Concerning his education, he attended the Walton High School where he begins to playing basketball. Later, he enrolled at Georgia Tech University.
When did Glen Rice begin to start basketball?
- Moving towards his career, Glen begins to start playing basketball from his school days. He was ranked as the 13th, 32nd and 35th best high school basketball shooting guard in the country as a senior in 2009 by Rivals.com, Scout.com, and ESPN, respectively. Similarly, He was also the 2008 Cobb County high school basketball boy's player of the year.
- After his high school, He began his freshman season on the bench, but he became a starter and played in all but one game for the 2009-10 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets men's basketball team. Although he was one of four people to receive at least one first-place vote for ACC Rookie of the year, he was not on the five-player ACC All-Rookie team.
- Following the 2011 NBA draft selection of Iman Shumpert, He was the leading returning scorer for the 2011-12 Yellow Jackets. He was suspended for the first three games of the 2011-12 season for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
- He was drafted in the fourth round of the November 2nd, 2012, NBA Development League draft by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. He made the opening day roster and made his professional debut on November 23 against the Bakersfield Jam.
- As the D-League season wound down, He emerged as a sleeper draft choice for the 2013 NBA draft. His performances ended up helping him go from the possibility of being undrafted to being taken as early as the late first round. He was one of 60 players invited to the NBA Draft Combine.
- On July 8th, 2013, He signed with the Washington Wizards. He made his professional debut in the Wizards' seventh game of the season on November 12th, 2013, against the Dallas Mavericks, making his only shot (a three-pointer) and adding a rebound.
- On November 20th, 2014, he was assigned to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Development League. Similarly, he was acquired by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, returning to the team for a second stint in 2015.
- Later, he signed with TNT KaTropa of the Philippine Basketball Association in 2017 as the team's import for the 2017 PBA Governors' Cup. He then officially returned to Hapoel Holon for the 2018 Israeli League Final Four, where they eventually lost to Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- In 2019, he signed with the New Zealand Breakers of the Australian NBL as an injury replacement for Scotty Hopson. After appearing in two games for the Breakers, he was arrested on November 14 and charged with assault following an incident at an Auckland bar.
Is Glen Rice Jr. married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Glen is yet to be married. Currently, he is focusing his career rather than involving in affairs. He is quite serious about his career. Further, there is no such news or record was on the onlines sites that show he was in a relationship at present and his past days. He is unmarried and enjoying his single life happily with his dreams of success.
How much is Glen Rice Jr. worth?
Being an NBA player, Glen earns the sum of a good amount of money and popularity through his profession in the field of sports industry since 2012. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be around $35 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Glen Rice Jr?
Observing his body statistics, Glen stands a height of 6 feet 6 inches and weighs around 206 lbs. He has an athletic body with brown eyes and curly black hair. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.