Glover Teixeira - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Family, Age, Nationality, Record, Ranking, Division, Title, Height, Weight, Career, Facts, Wiki, Award
Glover Lucas Teixeira shortly named Glover Teixeira is a Brazilian MMA fighter who currently competes in the Light heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He moved to his boxing career after watching players like, 'Mike Tyson', 'Royce Gracie', 'Chuck Liddell', and many more. He trained for boxing at Hat City Boxing and Brazilian jiu-jitsu at top American team Connecticut. He created a limelight moment for himself when he won the 2009 Brazilian ADCC trails under 99 kg division and again in 2011 Brazilian ADCC trials where he came in second place. He is also a former member of the Brazilian National Wrestling Team and has competed in the WEC, Impact FC, PFC, and Shooto. As of 3rd November 2020, he is #3 in the UFC Light Heavyweight rankings. He signed a deal with the UFC on 21st February 2012 and he debuted in the UFC on 26 May 2012 at UFC 146, facing Kyle Kingsbury. At present, he trains and instructs at his own gym Teixeira MMA & Fitness in Bethel, Connecticut. He co-starred in MMA reality television series, "TapouT" titled "Lightly and Glover". He also went on to earn his 7th Degree Hawaiian Kempo Black Belt under John Hackleman.
Thiago Santos vs Glover Teixeira at UFC Vegas 13
The 41-year-old Brazilian veteran is now five-wins deep in the light heavyweight division with his win over Thiago Santos. Additionally, he’s now the clear-cut title contender in the 205-pound division and will likely face-off against Jan Blachowicz next. He has finished 27 out of his 31 victories, nine of which have come via submission. It is clear that he is one of the best grapplers currently on the UFC roster. Despite the fact that he got rocked by Santos, he used his grappling to secure a comfortable submission victory. He dominated the ground game once the fight hit the canvas and had accrued over five minutes of ground time before the end of round two. The power Santos possesses is second to none, and he used it to great effect against Teixeira. 'Marreta' dropped Glover every time he landed, but the 41-year-old was resilient.
- Being a Mixed Martial Artist.
- For competing in the UFC.
- For earning his title shot against the then-defending light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
- For in the WEC, Impact FC, PFC, and Shooto.
- Being ranked #3 in the world in official UFC Light Heavyweight rankings, and is also ranked the #2 Light Heavyweight in the world by Sherdog.
What is the Nationality of Glover Teixeira?
On 28th October 1979, Glover Teixeira was born in Sobralia, Minas Gerais, Brazil with the birth name of Glover Lucas Teixeira. He holds Brazilian nationality and his ethnicity is Brazilian-White. He is of Portuguese descent. His race is white. As of 2020, he celebrated his 41st birthday. There was no electricity in many of the homes in his community, and there was only one gas station. He moved to Danbury, Connecticut in 1999 to help support his family and found a job in landscaping. After watching boxers such as Mike Tyson and the early mixed martial arts fighters such as Royce Gracie and Chuck Liddell compete, Teixeira decided that he wanted to follow the same path. After working 10 to 12-hour days landscaping, he did boxing training at Hat City Boxing and Brazilian jiu-jitsu at American Top Team Connecticut. Scorpio is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. At present, he is residing in Danbury, Connecticut, the USA. He has not revealed anything regarding his parent's and siblings' detail to the media.
How was the Career of Glover Teixeira?
- Glover Teixeira's early career began by competing in several grappling and MMA tournaments which include; Grapplers Quest, NAGA, Sports Fight (where he was the Light heavyweight Champion). What's more, he has grappled with well-known fighters Jeff Monson and Brandon Vera during submission wrestling rules.
- In his initial career, he won the 2009 Brazilian ADCC trials in the under 99 kg division and came second in the 2011 Brazilian ADCC trials. On 12th October 2006 at WEC 24, he defeated veteran Sokoudjou by KO.
- He also co-starred in the second season-opening episode of the MMA reality television series TapouT titled "Lighty and Glover" and he was also featured on the cover of "Train Hard Fight Easy" magazine in January 2013. He was made into a limited edition action figure in the UFC Ultimate Collector Round 5 Collectors Series 14.5 in the same year of 2013.
- He is a featured fighter in the EA Sports UFC video game, which was released in March 2014, EA Sports UFC 2, which was released in March 2016, and EA Sports UFC 3, which was released in February 2018.
- He earned his 7th Degree Hawaiian Kempo Black Belt under Hackleman, owner of The Pit Martial Arts; he earned his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt under Luigi Mondelli, head coach at American Top Team Connecticut, and earned his Vale Tudo black belt under Marco Ruas of Ruas Vale Tudo.
- Furthermore, he is also CrossFit certified. In the year 2014, he opened his own gym "Teixeira MMA & Fitness", where he still currently trains.
- Moving towards his UFC career, he signed a deal with UFC on 21st February 2012 and debuted in the UFC on 26th May 2012 at UFC 146, facing Kyle Kingsbury.
- He was expected to face former UFC Light heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson on 13 October 2012 at UFC 153 but Jackson pulled out due to injury. Their fight took place on 26th January 2013 at UFC on Fox 6 where Glover won the match.
- Against James Te Huna, he won by submission with a guillotine choke in the first round which earned him Submission of the Night honors.
- His fight with Bader took place on 4th September 2013 where he won the fight via TKO in the first round. The win also earned Teixeira his first Knockout of the Night bonus award. With the victory, he also earned an opportunity at the UFC Light Heavyweight title.
- He then fought with Jon Jones on 26th April 2014 at UFC 172 where he lost the match via unanimous decision. He next faced Phil Davis on 22 October 2014 at UFC 179 where he again lost the fight.
- He was later expected to face Rashad Evans on 22nd February 2015 but he pulled out due to a knee injury. He faced Ovince Saint Preux on 8th August 2015 in the main event at UFC Fight Night 73 where he won via submission. For winning the fight, he was awarded his first "Fight of the Night" bonus award.
- He then won the fight against Patrick Cummins, Rashad Evans, Jared Cannonier whereas he lost the fight with Alexander Gustafsson. Despite the loss, the bout earned Teixeira his second Fight of the Night bonus award.
- He was scheduled to face Misha Cirkunov on 28th October 2017 at UFC Fight Night 119. The pairing was delayed after a recent hand surgery for Teixeira was slow to heal and the bout eventually took place on 16th December 2017 at UFC on Fox 26. He won the fight via TKO in the first round.
- Against Karl Roberson, he defeated him by submission via arm-triangle choke in the first round. He then won the fight against Cutelaba, Nikita Krylov, Anthony Smith.
- He was scheduled to face Thiago Santos on 12th September 2020 at UFC Fight Night 177. Due to Teixeira tested positive for Covid-19 a week prior to the bout, the pair was rescheduled to fight on 4th October 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Holm vs. Aldana.
- In turn, on September 15, the bout was postponed again as Santos also tested positive for the virus. The pairing with Santos eventually took place on 7th November 2020 at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Teixeira. He then won the fight via submission in round three.
- Regarding his MMA record, he altogether fought 39 matches out of which, he won 32 matches and lost 7 matches.
Awards and Achievements of Glover Teixeira
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Performance of the Night (Three times) vs. Rashad Evans, Ion Cuțelaba, and Anthony Smith
- Knockout of the Night (One time) vs. Ryan Bader
- Submission of the Night (One time) vs. James Te-Huna
- Fight of the Night (Two times) vs. Ovince Saint Preux and Alexander Gustafsson
- Most stoppage victories in UFC Light Heavyweight division (12)
- Most submission victories in UFC Light Heavyweight division (6)
- South America 220-pound Championship (One time)
- 2012 Beatdown of the Year vs. Fabio Maldonado
- 2012 All-Violence Second Team
- 2013 All-Violence Third Team
- Team WEC 2019 grappling survival team
Who is Glover Teixeira married to?
Glover Teixeira is a married man. He married his beautiful wife, Ingrid Peterson Teixeira. There is no exact information about their starting relationship, married date, kids. He is very secretive while coming to his personal life. At present, the duo is enjoying their present life a lot without any disturbances. She's supportive of him and the profession that he is in. There's much love between the two. Basically, her understanding and their strong love bond have helped them stay glue for this long. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Glover Teixeira?
Glover Teixeira is a famous and well-recognized mixed martial artist who has made a huge amount of earnings during his career span. As of 2020, the net worth of Glover is estimated to have $8 Million as per sources. His exact salary at present is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a cool amount of money from his career. His major source of earnings comes from a fighting career and he is satisfied with his earnings at present. The average UFC fighter earns about $138,000 on an annual basis, which is way higher than the average earnings of $45,000 of a US citizen. He also operates his own gym named Teixeira MMA & Fitness and earns a substantial income from it. He also endorses and promotes people like Pit Master Martial Artist, 'Julio Contin Professional Training,' 'Combate, TV Channel,' and many more. As for his salary, he earns it in a pay per match whether he wins the show or not.
How tall is Glover Teixeira?
With an athletic body build, Glover Teixeira stands tall at the height of 6 ft 2 in or 1.88 m. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. He undeniably has the quality that appeals to the opposite sex. He has a balanced and strong bodyweight of 93 KG or 14.6 st or 205 lb. His other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, biceps size, and more are still to get revealed yet. His heartwarming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercises.
Trivias About Glover Teixeira You Need To Know.
- Glover Teixeira currently competes in the Light heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- He trained for boxing at Hat City Boxing and Brazilian jiu-jitsu at top American team Connecticut.
- At present, he trains and instructs at his own gym Teixeira MMA & Fitness in Bethel, Connecticut.
- He co-starred in MMA reality television series, "TapouT" titled "Lightly and Glover".
- He also went on to earn his 7th Degree Hawaiian Kempo Black Belt under John Hackleman.
- He is of Portuguese descent.