Goran Pandev - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Nationality, Transfer, Wife, Family, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Current Team, Kids, Career, Position, Awards
Macedonian professional footballer is named for Goran Pandev. He is playing for the current team, the Italian club Genoa. His playing position is forward. What's more, he is the captain of the North Macedonia national football team and is the country. On 24th March 2009, he was awarded the Medal for Service to the Country by the then-President Branko Crvenkovski in acknowledgment of his sporting achievements and his contribution to developing and popularizing the sport in Macedonia as well as promoting the country abroad. He began his football career with FK Belasica. While playing for the Nerazzurri, he collected a host of honors including winning the Serie A, the Coppa Italia, and the UEFA Champions League in 2010 as part of a treble for the club. On 22nd April 2021, he became the first Macedonian to score 100 goals in one of the top five European football leagues. He wears shirt number 10 for the North Macedonia national football team and he wears shirt number 19 for Genoa C.F.C.
North Macedonia 3-1 Austria, Euro Cup 2020: Gordon Pandev Scorer of North Macedonia's maiden goal in Euro 2020
Pandev holds the record for most international goals for his country and it was his strike against Georgia that paved the way for North Macedonia's historic qualification for Euro 2020. North Macedonia national team played their maiden match against Austria in Bucharest. The team though got off to a poor start as the Austria took the lead through Stefan Lainer in the 18th minute. But North Macedonia struck back just ten minutes later as their talismanic striker and captain Goran Pandev scored with after a defensive mix-up by the Austrians. Pandev thus became North Macedonia's first goal scorer in a major footballing tournament.
- Being considered to be the greatest Macedonian forward of all time.
- Being a quick, creative, and hard-working left-footed forward with good technique, he is capable both of creating and scoring goals, due to his opportunism and shooting accuracy, as well as his vision and passing ability.
- Playing for the team, Genoa as a forward.
Where is Goran Pandev from?
On 27th July 1983, Goran Pandev was born in Strumica, SR Macedonia, Yugoslavia. His present age is 37 as of 2020. He holds Macedonian nationality and his ethnic background is Macedonian-White. Leo is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Chrisitan. He has not shared anything about his parents. He also has a sibling, a younger brother Sashko is also a football player. His educational details are still to get disclosed yet. In the year 2019, he obtained Italian citizenship in Naples.
How was the Football Career of Goran Pandev?
- Goran Pandev started his football career with FK Belasica where he spent one season in the local Prva Liga, however, before being signed by Serie A giants Internazionale in the summer of 2001 when he was just 18 years old.
- Later, he was loaned Pandev to feeder club Spezia in July 2002 where he was a regular in Serie C1. He was again sent on loan, this time to newly-promoted Serie A club Ancona.
- Then, he was sent to the capital in exchange for a co-ownership deal, for a nominal fee of €500 and remained at Ancona until the end of the 2003-2004 season.
- He impressed in his first year at Lazio scoring three goals in 29 appearances. In July 2005, 50 percent of his player registration rights were transferred to Udinese in exchange for David Pizarro's transfer to the Milanese club and in June 2006, he bought the remaining 50 percent of his registration rights from Udinese for €4 million.
- On 26 September 2009, he officially filed for a termination of his contract with Lazio after his dispute with Lazio chairman, Claudio Lotito.
- He signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with Inter Milan on 4th January 2010 wearing the number 27 shirt and made his Inter debut as a starter in the 1-0 away win against Chievo on 6 January.
- On 22nd May 2010, Inter won the UEFA Champions League in the final against Bayern Munich, with Pandev playing for 79 minutes and becoming the third Macedonian football player in history to ever win this championship.
- He began the new season on 21 August by winning the 2010 Supercoppa Italiana scoring the equalizer versus Roma in an eventual 3-1 home win for the first silverware of the season.
- He also made an appearance as a substitute as Inter lost the 2010 UEFA Super Cup to Atlético Madrid.
- He was also part of the team that competed at the 2010 FIFA Club World Cup in December 2010 and made his debut in the competition by playing full-90 minutes in the 3-0 win versus Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma in the semi-final.
- On 18th December, in the final against Congo's TP Mazembe, he netted in 13 minutes to make it his first goal in a major final as Inter won 3-0 to lift the trophy.
- In the 2011 Coppa Italia Final match against Palermo on 29th May 2011, he entered in the second half and provided the assist of Diego Milito's goal in the 92nd minute for a 3-1 success.
- He later joined Napoli on a season-long loan on 26th August 2011 and made a permanent switch from Inter to Napoli on 6th June 2012.
- He came on in place of Gonzalo Higuaín for the last 20 minutes of the 2014 Coppa Italia Final, in which Napoli won 3-1 against Fiorentina.
- He signed a 1+1-year contract with the Turkish club Galatasaray worth €2.4 million a year on 1st September 2014.
- He later signed a two-year contract with Italian club Genoa in 2015 after failing to get playing time at Galatasaray.
- He planned on retiring at the end of the 2019-20 season but extended his contract following the postponement of Euro 2020 to 2021.
How was the International Career of Goran Pandev?
- Goran Pandev made his senior debut for Macedonia in a June 2001 FIFA World Cup qualification match away against Turkey.
- He earned his 100th cap in a 3-1 home win over Latvia in UEFA Euro 2020 qualification in March 2019.
- He scored the team's only goal in North Macedonia's 1-0 Euro 2020 play-off victory over Georgia in November 2019.
Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- Coppa Italia: 2008-09
- Serie A: 2009-10
- Coppa Italia: 2009-10, 2010-11
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2010
- UEFA Champions League: 2009-10
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2010
- Coppa Italia: 2011-12, 2013-14
- Süper Lig: 2014-15
- Turkish Cup: 2014-15
- Macedonian Footballer of the Year: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Coppa Italia top scorer: 2008-09, 2016-17
Who is Goran Pandev married to?
Goran Pandev is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Nada Pandeva. The couple is also blessed with three children named Filipo, Ana, and Sofia. The duo is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
In 2020, Goran auctioned the shirt he wore in the match in which he gained his 100th cap for North Macedonia for a hospital fighting the coronavirus pandemic. Back in 2010, he founded a football academy in his native North Macedonia, named Akademija Pandev. Their senior team now plays in North Macedonia's top tier.
How much is Goran Pandev Net Worth?
Goran Pandev is a professional footballer whose net worth is estimated to have between $1.5 Million - $5.5 Million. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings. As of 2020, his salary is £624,000. His yearly salary as of 2021 is £884,000. His current value is €500Thousand as of May 2021. Whereas his highest market value is €18.00 Million as of 3rd July 2008. He is living a luxurious lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Goran Pandev?
Goran Pandev is a very cool man with a height of 1.84 m or 6 ft and his balanced weight consist of 74 KG. His other body size is unknown at the moment. His hair color is black and his eye color is pale green. Overall, he has got a healthy body with an athletic body build. His distinguish feature is his hair cut.
Trivias About Goran Pandev You Need To Know.
- On 22nd April 2021, he became the first Macedonian to score 100 goals in one of the top five European football leagues.
- His playing position is forward.
- He holds Macedonian nationality.
- In the year 2019, he obtained Italian citizenship in Naples.
- He started his football career with FK Belasica.