Facts About Greg James
|Celebrated Name||Greg James|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Gregory James Alan Milward|
|Place Of Birth||Lewisham, London, England|
|University||University of East Anglia|
|Spouse||Bella Mackie (m. 2018)|
|Source of Wealth||Television and radio presenter, comedian and author career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Salary||£314,999 per year|
|Height||6 feet and 3 inches|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Wikipedia|
Gregory James Alan Milward, excellently known as Greg James is an English television and radio presenter, comedian, and author. He is the host of BBC Radio 1's breakfast show, co-presenter on the cricket podcast "Tailenders". He also used to play cricket for Hertfordshire Under-18s. Gregory first broadcast on hospital radio aged 14, however, he later discovered that the transmitter was broken and none of his shows actually went out. Also, he supports Coppafeel a charity raising awareness of breast cancer. He appeared on the "Let's Dance for Comic Relief" on 2nd March 2013. He was seen as a co-presenter in the TV series "Team GB Olympics: Homecoming Concert" in 2021. Additionally, James is an executive producer of the 2022 documentary mini-series "The Man Who Bought Cricket".
Greg James is in shock as Radio 1 co-star announces pregnancy live on air
Charlie shocked Radio 1 listeners and Greg James by announcing she's pregnant live on air. She made the revelation during the 'Tell Me Something Good' segment of the show. As Greg asked her to share some good news with him, Charlie dropped the bombshell: "I'm having a baby." As the music cut, a stunned Greg replied: "You... what are you talking about?" "You're having a baby! Are you joking? What are you talking about?". Charlie then stood up to show off her bump, and said: "I'm having a baby Greg! Surprise!".
- Being an English television and radio presenter, comedian, and author.
- For being the host of BBC Radio 1's breakfast show, co-presenter on the cricket podcast "Tailenders".
What is Greg James's Real Name?
Greg James opened his eyes for the very first time on 17th December 1985 in Lewisham, London, England. He was born with the real name of Gregory James Alan Milward in a Christian religious family. He is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Greg has celebrated his 36th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Thus, his race is white. he is the son of his father Alan Milward and his mother, Rosemary Milward. His parents were both teachers; Alan was a headteacher, and Rosemary was a special-needs teacher. He has one sister, Catherine.
Talking about Greg's education, he is an alumnus of The Bishop's Stortford High School, where he was deputy head boy. He studied drama at the University of East Anglia in Norwich and achieved a 2:1.
What does Greg James do for a living?
- Greg James kicks off his career by presenting several shows on the students' union radio station Livewire 1350AM and becoming the station manager in 2006.
- He then presented several breakfasts shows on Future Radio and presented stints on Galaxy North East.
- In June 2007, he joined BBC Radio 1 and presented his first show on Friday 1st June 2007 whereas he also presented his first full-time show on Monday 1st October 2007, and his first-ever Record of the Week was Hometown Glory.
- He was the host of The Official Chart Update as well as he co-hosts "Not Just Cricket" on 5 Live whereas he also hosts the weekly podcast "That's What He Said" with BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat presenter Chris Smith.
- On 16th February 2013, he guest-hosted the edition of the 5 Live comedy sports program "Fighting Talk" and it was announced on 28th February 2012 that James and Scott Mills would swap shows as of 2nd April 2012.
- Subsequently, he once hosted his show for an entire week broadcasting from the BFBS radio studio in Camp Bastion and his former Friday show was taken up by "The Official Chart" between 1600 and 1745.
- He also took over "Radio 1 Breakfast" from Nick Grimshaw on 20th August 2008.
- Later, James presented a TV show for BBC Three called "Sun, Sex and Holiday Madness" in 2009 and he also presented Sound on BBC "Two's Switch".
- As well, he hosted the BBC's coverage of festivals including Radio 1's Big Weekend, T in The Park, Reading, and Glastonbury in the summer of 2014.
- He co-presented two series of "Unzipped" in 2012 and James along with Kane starred in their chat show "Staying in with Greg and Russell" on BBC Three on 25th September 2013.
- He also played a police officer in the BBC Three comedy murder mystery series "Murder in Successville" in May 2015.
- He has guest presented several episodes of "The One Show" and co-presented the BBC's Children in "Need" appeal for the first time in November 2016.
- Since 2017, Greg has co-presented the primetime BBC One music show "Sounds Like Friday Night" with A.Dot.
- Furthermore, he wrote the children's book series Kid Normal which is a 6-book series about a normal boy in a superhero world as the first one was published by Bloomsbury and released on 13th July 2017 in the UK and the second one the following March.
Awards and Achievements
- 2005 - Student Radio Award for 'Best Male Presenter'
- 2013 - 'Loaded Lafta' for 'Funniest Radio Show'
- 2013 - Silver Sony Radio Academy Award for 'Best Entertainment Show'
- 2014 - Gold Radio Academy Award for 'Best Entertainment Show'
- 2016 - Gold Radio Academy 'ARIA' Award for 'Best Entertainment Production'
- 2020 - Arias Award for 'Best New Show'
- 2020 - Arias Award for 'Best marketing campaign'
- 2020 - TRIC awards for " Radio Personality"
Who is Greg James married to?
Greg James is a married man. He announced his engagement to his girlfriend Bella Mackie on 1st June 2018. Bella is the daughter of newspaper editor Alan Rusbridger. The pair married in September of the same year. They currently live in London. Starting at now, the couple is carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. Reflecting Greg's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Greg James's Net Worth?
Greg James has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around £314,999 per year. Greg has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. In addition, his major source of income is from his television and radio presenter, comedian, and author career. He is an ambassador for two charities; The Stroke Association and The Lord's Taverners. He also took part in the 2012 NHS Team Give Blood campaign, representing O+.
What is the Height of Greg James?
Greg James has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He has an ideal height of 6 feet and 3 inches and his body weighs around 77 kg. He has brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, Greg's body build type is average.
Trivias About Greg James You Need To Know.
- He was Head Boy at Bishop's Stortford High School.
- He was a dance judge on Let's Dance for Comic Relief.
- His father was a headmaster and his mother was a special needs teacher.
- He had an 18-month relationship with singer Ellie Goulding, one that inspired songs on her album Halcyon.
- James used to play cricket for Hertfordshire Under-18s.