Last updated on August 5th, 2022 at 10:24 am
Facts About Greg Norman
|Celebrated Name||Greg Norman|
|Age||68 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Gregory John Norman|
|Place Of Birth||Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia|
|School||Townsville Central State School|
|Spouse||Laura Andrassy (m. 1981; div. 2007) Chris Evert (m. 2008; div. 2009) Kirsten Kutner (m. 2010)|
|Source of Wealth||Golf career|
|Net Worth||$400 million|
|Salary||$33 million per year|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Wikipedia|
Gregory John Norman is an Australian entrepreneur and retired professional golfer who is professionally known as Greg Norman. He is well recognized for being the world's #1 ranked golfer for 331 weeks during a career that began in 1976 and spanned over three decades. He is also known for winning 89 professional tournaments, including 20 PGA Tour tournaments and two majors: The Open Championships in 1986 and 1993. Greg was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2001. He previously played rugby and cricket growing up and also excelled as a surfer and finished second place at the U.S. Open in both 1984 and 1995. Being an entrepreneur, he is the chairman and CEO of the Greg Norman Company whereas he was also named CEO of LIV Golf Investments in 2021.
Greg Norman Famous For
- He is an Australian entrepreneur and retired professional golfer.
- He won the Open Championship in 1986 and 1993 and was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2001.
Where is Greg Norman from?
Greg Norman stepped for the very first time into the world on 10th February 1955 in Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia. He was born with the real name of Gregory John Norman in a Christian religious family. He is Australian by nationality and Australian-white by ethnicity. Greg's present age is 67 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Aquarius. Thus, his race is white. His mother, Toini Norman was the daughter of a Finnish carpenter, and his father, Mervin Norman is an electrical engineer. He also has a sister named Janis Norman.
Moving to Greg's education, he attended Townsville Central State School where he enrolled in 1964, and then Townsville Grammar School after which he moved on to Aspley State High School on the north side of Brisbane.
Greg Norman Career (Golf and Entrepreneur)
- Greg Norman kicks off his career serving as an assistant professional under Billy McWilliam OAM at Beverley Park Golf Club in Sydney, New South Wales in 1975 at the age of 20 and then began work as Charlie Earp's trainee in the Royal Queensland Golf Club pro shop.
- He turned professional as a tournament player in 1976 as he earned his first victory at the West Lakes Classic at The Grange Golf Club in Adelaide, South Australia.
- In 1977, he joined the European Tour and had his first victory in a European event that same season, the Martini International, at the Blairgowrie Club in Scotland.
- He earned a sizable victory in the French Open, winning the tournament by ten shots in 1980, and won the Scandinavian Enterprise Open in Sweden with a course record of 64 in the final round.
- He won his first Australian Open that year which was his first of five wins in that event.
- He finished in 4th place on his debut at the Masters in Augusta in 1981 and won his third Martini International tournament that year as well.
- He was the leading money winner on the European Tour in 1982 as he won three European events that year.
- He won his maiden PGA Tour victory at the Kemper Open, winning by five strokes in June 1984, and gained worldwide prominence a week later at the 1984 U.S. Open.
- He also won the Toshiba Australian PGA Championship and the National Panasonic Australian Open in 1985 and led after 54 holes at the 1986 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills.
- He finally broke through at the 1986 Open Championship for his first major title and he was again in contention at the 1986 PGA Championship. He was also in the lead on the final day but shot a final-round 76 to finish 2 strokes behind the eventual winner, Bob Tway.
- His four wins in Australia in 1986 helped him to finish top of the Australian Order of Merit for the fifth time as he topped the U.S. PGA Tour money list for the first time that year.
- Norman won the Panasonic European Open at Sunningdale Golf Club in September 1986 and ended 1986 with eleven worldwide victories and was officially ranked number 1 in the brand new Official World Golf Rankings.
- He endured another setback at the 1987 Masters and had a 20-foot putt for a birdie that would win the tournament in his final round on the 18th green.
- As well, he won the Australian Masters in February 1987 and the Australian Open later in 1987 by a record ten shots at Royal Melbourne Golf Club and had another four wins in Australia in 1988.
- He won the MCI Heritage Golf Classic at Hilton Head Island, South Carolina in the U.S. However, he missed a 12-foot par putt on the 72nd hole at the 1989 Masters.
- In 1990, he won the Doral-Ryder Open and Memorial Tournament and finished the tournament tied for sixth place, while Faldo won by five shots.
- He won the Australian Masters in his home country for a final and record for the sixth time and earned his second major at Royal St George's in the 1993 Open Championship.
- He finished third at the 1995 Masters and was the runner-up at the 1995 U.S. Open as well as he topped the money list for the third time and was named PGA Player of the Year.
- He opened the 1996 Masters Tournament with a course record-tying 63 which put him at the top of the leaderboard.
- Subsequently, Greg won his largest winner's check to date, one million dollars in January 1987, when he won the Andersen Consulting World Championship of Golf. He also set the record for becoming the oldest 54-hole leader in a major championship at 53.
- Furthermore, Fox Sports announced on 23rd April 2014 that Greg would join Joe Buck as its lead commentary team for its coverage of the USGA's championships beginning in 2015.
In 2006, he has also released his autobiography, titled "The Way of the Shark", 2006.
Awards and Achievements
- World Golf Hall of Fame - 2001 (member page)
- PGA Tour of Australia
- Order of Merit winner - 1978, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988
- European Tour
- Order of Merit winner- 1982
- PGA Tour leading money winner- 1986, 1990, 1995
- Byron Nelson Award - 1988, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995
- Vardon Trophy - 1989, 1990, 1994
- PGA Player of the Year - 1995
- PGA Tour
- Player of the Year - 1995
- Old Tom Morris Award - 2008
- Charlie Bartlett Award
Who is Greg Norman married to?
Greg Norman is a married man. He tied a knot with interior designer Kirsten Kutner in November 2010 on Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands, with Greg Jr. as his best man. However, he was first married to British tennis player Sue Barker in July 1981. The pair had two children named Greg Norman, Jr. and Morgan-Leigh. They divorced in 2006. Then Greg married former World No. 1 tennis player Chris Evert on Paradise Island in the Bahamas in June 2008, but they separated after only 15 months and were subsequently divorced. Norman also has two grandchildren-Harrison and Hendrix. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is Greg Norman's salary?
Greg Norman is a versatile man who has a net worth of $400 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $33 million per year. He has earned a huge amount of money from his profession as his major source of income is his golf and entrepreneurship career. Norman is the CEO of LIV Golf Investments and he is also the chairman and CEO of the Greg Norman Company.
Greg Norman's Company
- Greg Norman Golf Course Design
- Greg Norman Collection
- Greg Norman Estates
- Greg Norman Real Estate
- Great White Shark Opportunity Fund
- Shark Wake Park
- Shark Experience
- Greg Norman Eyewear
- Greg Norman Australian Prime
- Greg Norman Australian Grille
How tall is Greg Norman?
Greg Norman is 6 ft 0 in (183 cm) tall and his body weighs around 180 lb (82 kg). He has good-looking blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average. Greg has kept his body so fit and healthy at this age too which has also helped to attract a lot of people to him.
Trivias About Greg Norman You Need To Know.
- He was the world's #1 ranked golfer for 331 weeks during a career that began in 1976 and spanned over three decades.
- He won the Open Championship in 1986 and 1993.
- He was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2001.
- He was defeated by Fuzzy Zoeller in an 18-hole playoff at the 1984 US Open.
- He was married to tennis star Chris Evert for a year.