Facts About Greg Sheridan
|Celebrated Name||Greg Sheridan|
|Age||66 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Gregory Paul Sheridan|
|Place Of Birth||Inner West Sydney, Australia|
|University||Macquarie University and the University of Sydney|
|Spouse||Jasbir Kaur "Jessie" Sheridan|
|Source of Wealth||Foreign affairs journalist, author and commentator career.|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
Gregory Paul Sheridan is an Australian foreign affairs journalist, author, and commentator who is excellently known as Greg Sheridan. He began working as a foreign editor writing a number of books on politics, religion, and international affairs as he has been the foreign editor of "The Australian" newspaper since 1992. Before starting his career as a foreign editor, Sheridan worked in Beijing, Washington, and Canberra. He is also a regular commentator on Australian television and radio, including for ABC and Sky News Australia. In 1999, he openly criticized Prime Minister John Howard's intervention in East Timor. Sheridan's 2015 book "When We Were Young & Foolish" covers his university politics years. According to the book, his journalistic career began after he attended the Australian Union of Students (AUS) annual conference in Melbourne in 1977 with Tony Abbott. As well, Sheridan became an industrial organizer for a trade union and joined the Australian Labor Party. The ABC describes him as "one of Australia's most respected and influential analysts of domestic and international politics." Additionally, Greg also served for a time as senior vice-president of the Sydney University Liberal Club, supporting Abbott standing for the students' representative council.
- Being an Australian foreign affairs journalist, author, and commentator.
- For being the foreign editor of "The Australian" newspaper since 1992.
What is Greg Sheridan Real Name? Know About His Family, Parents, and Education
Greg Sheridan opened his eyes for the very first time on 22nd November 1956 in Inner West Sydney, Australia. He took birth with the real name of Gregory Paul Sheridan in the Catholic religious family. He holds Australian nationality and he belongs to Australian-white ethnicity. Greg's present age is 64 and he will be celebrating his 65th birthday on the coming 22nd November of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Scorpio. Thus, his race is white. Greg's family's details are not known yet.
Talking about Sheridan's education, he attended Christian Brothers' High School and completed his high schooling at the Christian Brothers School St Pius X College at Chatswood in Sydney. He sporadically attended Macquarie University and the University of Sydney over several years, but never graduated, finding it difficult to deal with lecturers with whom he disagreed.
What does Greg Sheridan do for a living?
- Greg Sheridan conceived his author career during his Sydney University years, at which time he had several articles published in "The Bulletin magazine" and elsewhere whereas his career in journalism began at the "The Bulletin" in the late 1970s.
- Then he joined the staff of "The Australian" in 1984, and in 1985 became that newspaper's first-ever Beijing correspondent. He also worked in Washington and Canberra before returning to Sydney as the newspaper's foreign editor in 1992.
- Sheridan has published books and articles on Christianity since 2017, beginning with an article in The Australian entitled "Is God Dead?", subtitled "The West has much to lose by banishing Christianity". The following year, he also published his seventh book "God is Good for You: A Defence of Christianity in Troubled Times".
- Greg was a vocal critic of Prime Minister John Howard's intervention in East Timor in 1999, and during 2006 called for the removal of Mari Alkatiri as Prime Minister of that country.
- In June 2020 during the Black Lives Matter protests, Sheridan commented on Sky News Australia that there was no systemic racism in the US. "Most African Americans are middle class, and they don't suffer daily, shocking racism", Sheridan said. "I myself have lived in the United States on four separate occasions. And I never saw any racial confrontation. I never heard anyone make a racist remark."
- As well, he is a regular panelist on ABC television and radio and he was highly critical of ABC's antagonistic reporting of the case against Catholic Cardinal George Pell, who was acquitted by the full bench of the High Court of Australia in April 2020.
- Living with Dragons: Australia Confronts Its Asian Destiny
- Tigers: Leaders of the New Asia-Pacific
- Asian Values, Western Dreams: Understanding the New Asia
- Cities of the Hot Zone: A Southeast Asian Adventure
- The Partnership: The Inside Story of the US-Australian Alliance Under Howard and Bush
- When We Were Young & Foolish: A Memoir of My Misguided Youth with Tony Abbott, Bob Carr, Malcolm Turnbull, Kevin Rudd & Other Reprobates
- God Is Good for You: A Defence of Christianity in Troubled Times
- Christians: The Urgent Case for Jesus in Our World
Honors and Achievements
- Sheridan was given an Officer of the Order of Australia Honour in 2016.
- His profile on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Q+A program describes him as "one of Australia's most respected and influential analysts of domestic and international politics.
- Britain's "Catholic Herald" has described Sheridan as "a subtle thinker, a keen observer of the cultural climate and an engaging writer.
Who is Greg Sheridan Wife?
Greg Sheridan is a married guy. He is married to his beautiful wife, Jasbir Kaur "Jessie" Sheridan, who practices the Sikh religion. There's much love between the two. Basically, her understanding and their strong love bond have helped them stay glue for this long. The pair is blessed with their three sons. Reflecting on Greg's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Greg Sheridan Net Worth?
Greg Sheridan has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. Greg has earned a considerable amount of money from his profession as his major source of income is from his foreign affairs journalist, author, and commentator career. He is sincere in his work.
What is the Height of Greg Sheridan?
Greg Sheridan stands at an ideal height with balanced body weight. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. Greg has kept his body maintained at this age too which is so awesome. He is fit, fine, and healthy, up to the date. Furthermore, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Greg Sheridan You Need To Know.
- Sheridan started working as a foreign editor in 1992.
- In 1999, he openly criticized Prime Minister John Howard's intervention in East Timor.
- Sheridan is a regular panelist on ABC television and radio.
- Sheridan was highly critical of the ABC's antagonistic reporting of the case against Catholic Cardinal George Pell, who was acquitted by the full bench of the High Court of Australia in April 2020.
- He was a vocal critic of Prime Minister John Howard's intervention in East Timor in 1999.