Grigor Dimitrov Bio, Net Worth, Tennis Player, ATP, Titles, US Open, Semifinal, Rankings, Coach, Nationality, Dating, Girlfriend, Age, Facts, Wiki
Grigor Dimitrov is a well known professional tennis player from the Balkan nation of Bulgaria. Having won the ATP titles eight times, he remains the country’s most successful male tennis player of all times and one of the top three in the World. He is the first male tennis player of Bulgaria descent to win an ATP title in singles, reached a final in doubles, reached the third round at a Grand Slam tournament, qualify for, and win, the ATP Finals.
In 2017, Grigor was the only male tennis player in the history of Bulgaria to be ranked on the top 10 ATP Singles and to also receive the prize money of $1 million and later $15 million. Here are other thrilling facts about this Bulgarian tennis player that has won a place in the heart of many by simply being a fantastic player and breaking so many records.
Where is Grigor Dimitrov grew up?
Recalling his early life, Grigor Dimitrov was born in Haskovo, Bulgaria. His parents are Dimitar Dimitrov and Maria Dimitrova. His father is a tennis coach and his mother is a sports teacher as well as a former volleyball player in 1991.
Dimitrov started playing tennis at the age of 5. However, he was influenced to play tennis at the age of 3 after his mother gave him the tennis racket. He grew up along with his younger brother Ivo who is currently working on Put in Bay. Well, he turned professional at the age of 16. There is no information regarding his education details. It is yet to be disclosed.
When did Grigor Dimitrov pursue his tennis career?
- At the age of 14, Dimitrov won his first major junior title at a U14 European tournament. Moreover, he also won the Orange Bowl in 2006 and later he was named as Eddie Herr International 2007 Rising Star.
- During his junior career, he also participated in doubles. After winning the Wimbledon title he became one of the junior players to win the title along with Roger Federer and Stefan Edberg. Well, he became the world no. 1 on September 8. He started his professional career in 2008.
- Dimitrov won his first title at a futures tournament in Barcelona. He played his first ATP tournament at the Ordina Open. In 2009 he just reached the second round of ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament.
- Following year he won his first doubles challenger title along with Teymuraz Gabashvili in ATP Challenger Trophy. In 2010 he was able to get a victory at Davis Cup. Moreover, he also won his first ATP tour match in grass court.
- In 2011, Dimitrov won the Challenger DCNS de Cherbourg. Following year he participated in most of the tournaments but failed to win even a single title. However, he was able to reach the quarterfinals in different tournaments. He lost the Winston-Salem Open with Alexandr Dolgopolov in the third round. He also participated in Shanghai Rolex Masters but his journey ended in the second round after losing to Andy Roddick.
- Dimitrov didn't perform best in all 2012 tournaments. So he lost all the tournaments. Furthermore, in his Shanghai Rolex Masters, he got defeated with the world no. 2 Novak Djokovic in the second round.
- In 2014 he won his first ATP title at If Stockholm Open. In 2014 he performed best and won three major titles on three different surfaces. Moreover, for the first time, he reached the semifinals of Grand Slam. In 2015-2016 he wasn't able to win even a single title although he participated in most of the tournaments.
- Coming to 2017, he won his first ATP title after three years at the season in Brisbane. Moreover, he also reached the semi-finals of Grand Slam for the second time.
- Dimitrov started his 2018 campaign in Brisbane, where he was the defending champion and top seed. He started from the second round with hard three-set wins against the home favorite and wild card John Millman, then overcame with another three-setter the British number 2 Kyle Edmund. Dimitrov was eliminated in the semi-finals by the third seed and eventual champion Nick Kyrgios.
- At the 2019 US Open, Dimitrov beat Federer in the quarter-finals, winning 3 out of 5 sets. He moves on to the semi-finals and will play against Daniil Medvedev on Thursday, September 5, 2019.
Is Grigor Dimitrov married or not?
The skillful player has been in a couple of relationships in the past. In early 2012, he was rumored to be dating Serena Williams after the two reportedly met via their mutual coach Patrick Mouratoglou. This rumor, was, however, never confirmed by both parties.
In late 2012, he dated Russian tennis beauty, Maria Sharapova. They confirmed their relationship the following year after the 2013 Madrid Open. The couple called it quits after two years. In late 2015, the tennis star was linked to American singer, songwriter, actress, and TV personality Nicole Scherzinger. Grigor and the former Pussycat Doll and X Factor judge made their relationship known to the public in 2016. Besides these, there are no rumors of their separation as well as marriage. Hope this couple gets married soon.
How much net worth does Grigor Dimitrov?
Being such a famous player with a good personality, he must have a good net worth. Well, his current net worth is $26 million which is worth. He has won $16 million in the prize money in his whole career. He also owns a Mercedes Benz SLS car.
How tall is Grigor Dimitrov?
Observing Grigor Dimitrov body statistics, he stands a height of 6 feet 3 inches and weighs around 81 Kg. Similarly, he has dark brown hair and black eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Is the most successful Bulgarian male tennis player.
- When he was five he began to play tennis daily.
- Won first major junior cup at the age of 14, he claimed the U14 European title.
- Is the only Bulgarian tennis player ever to be ranked inside the top 10 ATP Singles.