Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 06:32 am
Facts About Guillermo Ochoa
|Celebrated Name||Guillermo Ochoa|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Francisco Guillermo Ochoa|
|Place Of Birth||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico|
|Famous For||Soccer Player|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Height||6 feet 0 inch|
|Net Worth||$1 Million- $10 Million|
|Father||Guillemo Ochoa Sanchez|
|Mother||Natalia Magana Orozco|
|Source of Wealth||Soccer Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Twitter Facebook Instagram|
Guillermo Ochoa who is known by the nickname “Memo” is a soccer player who has gained attention due to his brilliance, outstanding talent, and breathtaking saves. His most notable performance was against the Brazil national team in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He was called up for the Mexico national team for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Currently, he plays as a goalkeeper for Liga MX club América whom he captains and the Mexico national team.
What is Guillermo Ochoa known for?
- Being a Mexican professional footballer
- For playing as a goalkeeper for Liga MX club América whom he captains and the Mexico national team.
CONCACAF Gold Cup 2019: Goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa saves a penalty to drive Mexico into the semis; Haiti in semi-finals for first time
Goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa saved a sudden death penalty as Mexico edged past Costa Rica 5-4 on penalties to reach the CONCACAF Gold Cup semi-finals in Houston, Texas on Saturday.
Ochoa stopped Costa Rica's Keyser Fuller after the teams played a 1-1 draw following extra time in front of 70,788 fans at NRG Stadium.
Mexico will now face Haiti in the semi-finals on Tuesday in Glendale, Arizona.
Costa Rica goalkeeper Leonel Moreira saved Raul Jimenez's first penalty in the shoot-out, but Randall Leal smashed Costa Rica's third penalty wide, setting the stage for Ochoa to send Mexico through by stopping Fuller.
Jimenez handed Mexico the lead in the 44th minute, with Bryan Ruiz leveling from the spot for Costa Rica eight minutes later after Joel Campbell was judged to have been brought down by Luis Rodriguez inside the area. Television replays later showed that the foul was outside the box.
Mexico manager Gerardo 'Tata' Martino will be suspended from the touchlines for the semis against Haiti after he was slapped with his second yellow card of the tournament.
In the other fixture, Haiti one of the biggest surprises of the tournament after winning all its games in the group stage scored three second-half goals to stun former champions Canada 3-2 and advance to the last four for the first time.
Dickens Nazon got the comeback started by scoring in the 50th minute and Herve Bazile brought the sides level from the penalty spot in the 70th, with both goals coming courtesy of some sloppy defensive play by Canadian defender Marcus Godinho.
And six minutes later Wilde-Donald Guerrier sealed the victory for Haiti with a spectacular individual effort, sneaking past the Canadian defense and then bouncing the ball twice in the air before tapping it past goalkeeper Milan Borjan.
Jonathan David and Lucas Cavallini scored for Canada, who were guilty of complacency once they had built up their lead.
It was a gut-wrenching loss for the Canadians who won this tournament in 2000 but haven't made it to the semis since 2007.
Who are the parents of Guillermo Ochoa?
Back to his early life, Guillermo Ochoa was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. He is Mexican by nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. Likewise, as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Cancer. He was born to his parents named Guillermo Ochoa Sánchez and Natalia Magaña Orozco. He grew up in an athletic environment with full support from his guardian and teammates.
Guillermo Ochoa's Club Career
- At the age of 18, Guillermo Ochoa made his professional debut with Club America in 2004. Following a season in the 2005 season, Ochoa won his first championship with the team: Clausura 2005. The victory also followed Ochoa and the team's hands over the 2005 Campeon de Campeones Cup and the 2006 CONCACAF Champions Cup.
- Though Ochoa was offered contracts from many English clubs, he decided to play for Club America till 2011, while he helped the team to win the 2008 InterLiga tournament.
- Ochoa joined the French club Ajaccio on July 4, 2011, on a free transfer and signed a 3-year contract with the club. He made his debut for the club on August 5, 2011, in a 0-2 loss against Toulouse.
- The Mexican goalkeeper played for the club until 2014, when Ajaccio was relegated to Ligue 2 on April 20, 2014. In 3 years with the Ajaccio, Ochoa made a total of 112 appearances.
- On August 1, 2014, Ochoa signed a 3-year deal with Spanish La Liga club Malaga, however, didn't make an appearance in the first season as Carlos Kameni being manager Javi Gracia's first-choice goalkeeper.
- Later on March 5, 2016, Ochoa made his debut with Malaga though was transferred to Granada on loan on July 22, that year and played till 2017. While in Granada, Ochoa conceded 82 goals as Granada was relegated to the Segunda Division after only 4 wins in the season.
- Ochoa signed with Standard Liege on a 2-year contract on July 9, 2017, and won the Belgian Cup: 2017–18 with the team.
- On 5 August 2019, Ochoa returned to Club América on a three-and-a-half-year deal. Though details of the transfer were undisclosed, it was reported that he will be the highest-paid Mexican player in the Liga MX, earning US$4.4 million annually. He played his first match for the club since 2011 on 24 August 2019 in a 1-1 draw against Tigres UANL. During his 2019-20 season, he made 31 appearances for the club, making 9 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- Prior to the start of the 2020-21 season, Ochoa switched his jersey number. On 29 August 2020, he wore the captain's armband for the first time since returning to Club América in their 2-1 victory over Atlético San Luis. During that season, he made 39 appearances for the club, making 10 clean sheets in all the competitions.
- During his 2021-22 season, he made 37 appearances for the club, making 17 clean sheets in all the competitions.
Guillermo Ochoa's International Career
- He has represented Mexico at various age levels.
- He has represented Mexico at U23 and the senior level.
- He was part of Mexico's U23 squad that won the 2020 Olympic Bronze Medal.
- He made his senior international team debut for Mexico on 14 December 2005 in a 2-0 friendly win against Hungary.
- He has been included in Mexico's squads for the 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018 FIFA World Cups, the 2013 and 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, the 2004 Summer Olympics and 2020 Summer Olympics, the 2007 Copa América, the Copa América Centenario, the 2007, 2009, 2015, and 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup, and was originally in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup before being suspended from the competition due to false doping allegations.
- He was part of Mexico's squad that won the 2009, 2011, 2015, and 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- In May 2018, Ochoa was named to the squad for the 2018 World Cup. In Mexico's opener against Germany, Ochoa made a total of nine saves, notably pushing a goal-bound Toni Kroos free-kick onto the crossbar, and ultimately securing a clean sheet in the 1–0 victory.
- Since his debut, he has obtained 129 caps and made 55 clean sheets for Mexico.
Is Guillermo Ochoa married? Who is his wife?
Reflecting the personal life of Guillermo Ochoa, He is married to his longtime girlfriend Mexican model Karla Mora. The couple welcomed their first child, a baby girl, Lucciana, in Corsica on February 8, 2013. On April 1, 2015, the couple welcomed their son, Luciano Ochoa. The couple welcomed their second daughter in May 2019.
Well, Ochoa and Karla got married on July 8, 2017, in Ibiza, after years of togetherness. The couple is reportedly free from rumors and enjoys the blessing of a happy married life, sharing lovely moments on their social media.
Previously in 2006, Ochoa was reported to be dating Mexican actress, singer, and songwriter Dulce Maria, however, without a disclosed reason, they broke up.
What is the Net Worth of Guillermo Ochoa?
Guillermo Ochoa is a Mexican professional football player who currently plays as a goalkeeper for Liga MX club America whom he captains. He is a very successful footballer and his major source of earnings is from his football career. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be around $1 million-$10 million where he received £3.3 million as a yearly salary from his current club. His market value is around €1.50 million. With these massive earnings, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Guillermo Ochoa?
Guillermo Ochoa stands at a height of 6 feet and 0 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 171 lbs. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are dark brown. In addition, his sexual orientation is straight. Overall, he has got a healthy body. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Guillermo Ochoa’s Transfer History
- He began his career with Club America in 2004.
- In July 2011, he signed a three-year contract, with an additional one-year option, with French club Ajaccio, recently promoted to Ligue 1.
- In August 2014, he signed a three-year contract with Spanish La Liga club Malaga.
- In July 2016, he was loaned to Granada on a season-long loan.
- In July 2017, it was announced that Belgian club Standard Liège had signed him from Malaga on a two-year contract.
- In August 2019, he returned to Club America on a three-and-a-half year deal. Though details of the transfer were undisclosed, it was reported that he will be the highest-paid Mexican player in the Liga MX, earning US$4.4 million annually.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the Clausura 2005 Mexican Primera Division with Club America.
- Won the 2005 Campeón de Campeones with Club America.
- Won the 2006 CONCACAF Champions' Cup with Club America.
- Won the 2008 InterLiga with Club America.
- Won the 2017-18 Belgian Cup with Standard Liège.
- Won the 2020 Olympic Bronze Medal with Mexico U23.
- Won the 2009, 2011, 2015, 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup with Mexico.
- Won the 2003-04 Mexican Primera Division Best Rookie.
- Won the Apertura 2006, Clausura 2007 Mexican Primera Division Golden Glove.
- Won the 2011-12, 2012-13 Ajaccio Fan's Player of the Season.
- Won the August 2013, September 2013 Ajaccio Player of the Month.
- Won the 2016-17 Granada Fan's Player of the Season.
- Won the November 2017, October 2018, November 2018, February 2019, April 2019 Standard Liège Player of the Month.
- Won the 2018-19 Standard Liège Player of the Season.
- Won the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Golden Glove Award.
- Won the 2021 CONCACAF Champions League Golden Glove.
Trivias About Guillermo Ochoa You Need To Know.
- He was named the 2000-2010 Best Mexican Goalkeeper by the International Federation of Football History.
- He plays internationally with shirt number 13, in reference to his birthday which is on 13 July.
- He has appeared on the North American front cover of the FIFA games, FIFA 08 and FIFA 09.
- He is a graduate of the Football Management Degree online program from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
- On 19 July 2022, he received an offer to end his football career and be an NFL kicker.