Guy Sebastian - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Facts, Family, Albums, Kids
Guy Sebastian is an Australian singer and songwriter. He was the winner of the first Australian Idol in 2003, a judge on Australia's The X Factor from 2010 to 2012, and again from 2015 to 2016. He represented Australia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, finishing in fifth place. He has received 34 ARIA Award nominations, winning seven including Best Pop Release and Best Live Act. Sebastian is the only Australian male artist in Australian chart history to achieve six number-one singles and is third overall for all Australian acts behind Kylie Minogue and Delta Goodrem. He was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2019 Queen's Birthday Honours in recognition of his significant service to music and charity. Currently, he serves as the coach of "The Voice Australia".
- Being a singer-songwriter from Australia.
- Being the winner of the first Australian Idol in 2003 and a judge on Australia’s The X Factor in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, and 2016.
- Being the coach on The Voice Australia in 2019.
When was Guy Sebastian born?
Guy Sebastian was born on 26th October 1981 in Klang, a royal city and former capital of the state of Selangor, Malaysia. His birth name is Guy Theodore Sebastian. He holds an Australian nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her star sign is Scorpio. He is a member of Paradise Community Church, an Assemblies of God church, and one of the largest churches in Australia.
Sebastian's father Ivan is a Malaysian Indian of Tamil origin and Ceylonese descent and a geologist by profession while his mother Nellie is an ethnic Eurasian of English and Portuguese descent. He has an older brother Ollie and younger brothers, Chris and Jeremy. He moved with his family to Australia where he was grown up.
As for education, Sebastian attended King's Baptist Grammar School. Then, he began his studies in Medical Radiation at the University of South Australia but left to pursue a career in music. Later, he studied music technology at the University of Adelaide's Elder Conservatorium.
What does Guy Sebastian do for a living?
- Guy Sebastian began teaching vocals at Temple Christian College.
- In May 2003, Sebastian successfully auditioned for Australian Idol.
- On 19th November 2003, he became the winner of the inaugural season of Australian Idol and gained a recording contract with BMG.
- Sebastian's debut album Just as I Am was released in December 2003.
- "Beautiful Life", Sebastian's second album was released on 18th October 2004.
- His third studio album "Closer to the Sun" was released on 28th October 2006.
- His fourth studio album "Memphis Album" debuted at number three in November 2007 and was the seventh highest-selling Australian artist album of the year.
- His fifth album "Like It Like That" was released in Australia on 23 October 2009 and in the US on 29 June 2010.
- He was chosen as a judge on the 2010 series of Australia's "The X-Factor".
- Sebastian released a retrospective album titled Twenty Ten in November 2010.
- "Armageddon", his sixth album was released in digital and CD format on 12 October 2012.
- His seventh album"Madness" was released on 21 November 2014.
- In 2015, he returned to the judging panel of the Australian version of The X Factor after a two-year absence.
- His eighth studio album was released on 3rd November 2017.
- In October 2020, Sebastian released his ninth studio album, T.R.U.T.H., which debuted at number 1 on the ARIA charts.
- In May 2022, Sebastian started a court case against his former manager, Titus Day, accused of embezzling $900,000.
Who is Guy Sebastian Wife?
Guy Sebastian has been married to his beautiful wife Jules Egan. Egan is a Sydney-based Australian philanthropist, Youtuber, blogger, stylist, and presenter. She was born in Australia on October 7, 1979. Sebastian and Egan began their relationship in the late 1990s. After dating for eight years, the couple became engaged in late 2007.
They tied the knot in Manly, New South Wales, on 17 May 2008 in a grand wedding ceremony. As of now, They have become parents of their two sons Hudson James born on 3 March 2012, and Archer Jones born on 17 April 2014. Currently, the family lives in their $3.1 million Maroubra mansion on Sydney's eastern beaches.
What is the Net Worth of Guy Sebastian?
As of May 2022, the net worth of Guy Sebastian is estimated to be US $11 million. Sebastian is one of the highest-earning Australian singers of his generation. His debut single "Angels Brought Me Here" was the highest-selling song in Australia from the decade 2000 to 2009. With 69 platinum and seven gold certifications and combined album and single sales of over five million in Australia, he has the highest certifications and sales of any Australian Idol contestant.
How tall is Guy Sebastian?
Guy Sebastian is a charismatic man with an average height of 5 ft 9 inches and his body weight is around 75 Kg. He looks really handsome in his buzz cut short hairstyle which is apparently black in color. His stubble bearded style provides him with gentlemanly looks. He has a pair of Green-colored eyes which is his distinct body features.
Trivias About Guy Sebastian You Need To Know.
- He grew up watching Bollywood movies and listening Hindi songs.
- He has a strong commitment to charity.
- He has performed for Pope Benedict XVI, Oprah Winfrey, and Queen Elizabeth II.
- Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, and Donny Hathaway were his music idols.