Hans Zimmer - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Wife, Family, Awards, Albums
Hans Florian Zimmer, excellently known as Hans Zimmer is a German film score composer and record producer. He is well recognized for being the recipient of four Grammy Awards, three Classical BRIT Awards, three Golden Globes, one BAFTA, two Academy Awards, and was named on the list of Top 100 Living Geniuses, published by "The Daily Telegraph". In a career spanning over 40 years, Zimmer has composed music for more than 150 films. Having scored music for acclaimed films like "Gladiator," "The Lion King," "Inception," "Interstellar," "Dark Knight Trilogy," and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film series, he is one of the most revered music composers in the American film industry. He also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in December 2010, which he dedicated to his just-deceased publicist and friend Ronni Chasen. Additionally, Hans is the head of the film music division at DreamWorks studios and works with other composers through the company that he founded, Remote Control Productions.
- Being a German film score composer and record producer.
- For being the head of the film music division at DreamWorks studios.
What is Hans Zimmer's Real Name?
Hans Zimmer stepped for the very first time into the world on 12th September 1957 in Frankfurt, Hesse, West Germany. He was born with the real name of Hans Florian Zimmer in a Jewish religious family. He is of German nationality and he came from German-white ethnic background. Hans has celebrated his 64th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Virgo. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his father, Hans J. Zimmer who is an engineer, and his mother, Brigitte Zimmer.
Regarding Zimmer's education, he attended the Ecole D'Humanite, an international boarding school in Canton Bern, Switzerland. He moved to London as a teenager, where he attended Hurtwood House school.
Hans Zimmer Career Timeline
- Hans Zimmer conceived his career playing keyboards and synthesizers in the 1970s and starring briefly in the Buggles' music video for the 1979 song "Video Killed the Radio Star".
- Then he started to work for the Italian group Krisma and was a featured synthesist for Krisma's third album, "Cathode Mamma".
- He contributed to the Shriekback album "Oil & Gold" in 1985 and co-produced a single, "History of the World, Part 1" which was also included on their 1980 LP release, "The Black Album".
- In the 1980s, Zimmer partnered with Stanley Myers and some of their films are "Moonlighting" (1982), "Success Is the Best Revenge" (1984), "Insignificance" (1985), and "My Beautiful Laundrette" (1985).
- Zimmer's first solo score was "Terminal Exposure" for director Nico Mastorakis in 1987 and the most durable work from his time in the United Kingdom was the theme song for the television game show "Going for Gold".
- He acted as score producer for the 1987 film "The Last Emperor" whereas a turning point in Zimmer's career occurred with the 1988 film "Rain Man".
- He wrote the theme for Tony Scott's 1993 film "True Romance" and he also compose the score for the 1994 film "The Lion King".
- His score for the 1998 film "The Thin Red Line" is regarded as one of his most important works.
- As well in the 2000s, he composed scores for Hollywood blockbuster films including three Ridley Scott films, "Gladiator" (2000), "Black Hawk Down" and "Hannibal" (2001), followed by "The Last Samurai" (2003), "Madagascar" (2005), "The Da Vinci Code" (2006), "The Simpsons Movie" (2007), "Kung Fu Panda" (2008), "Angels & Demons" (2009), and "Sherlock Holmes" (2009).
- He was also hired as the composer for the three subsequent films in the series, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" (2006), "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" (2007), and "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" (2011).
- Subsequently, Hans is noted for his work on the scores of Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" (2005) and "The Dark Knight" (2008).
- For the 2011 sequel, "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows", Hans and director Guy Ritchie incorporated authentic Romani music whereas, for the 2010 film "Inception", Zimmer used electronic manipulation of the song "Non, je ne regrette rien".
- He composed a new version of the theme music for "ABC World News" and recorded a track entitled "Aurora", a choral arrangement of a theme from the "Dark Knight Rises" soundtrack.
- He co-composed the music for the television series "The Bible", which was broadcast in March 2013 as well as he composed the music for the 2014 film "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
- Hans also partnered with Junkie XL to compose the music for the 2016 film "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".
- He composed the main theme for the 2016 BBC nature documentary "Planet Earth II" and composed the main theme for the 2016 Netflix production "The Crown".
- He also worked on the score for Denis Villeneuve's "Blade Runner 2049" and remixed the UEFA Champions League Anthem with rapper Vince Staples for EA Sports' FIFA video game "FIFA 19".
- He was also announced as the composer for "Wonder Woman 1984" on 22nd August 2018 and it was announced on 1st March 2019 that Zimmer will be scoring Denis Villeneuve's "Dune". He also composed the score for the film "Dune".
- In 2020, he composed the score for "Hillbilly Elegy" and it was announced on 6th January 2020 that he would be taking over as composer for the "James Bond" film "No Time to Die".
Awards and Achievements
- Academy Awards for his work in "The Lion King"
- Annie Awards for his work in "Kung Fu Panda"
- BAFTA Awards for his work in "Dune"
- Classic Brit Awards for his work in "Gladiator "
- Critics' Choice Movie Awards for his work in "The Road to El Dorado"
- Golden Globe Awards for his work in "Dune"
- Grammy Awards for his work in "The Lion King"
- Hollywood Music in Media Awards for his work in "Inception"
- Seattle Film Critics Society Awards for his work in "Dune"
Who is Hans Zimmer's Wife?
Hans Zimmer is a married man. His first wife was model Vicki Carolin, with whom he has a daughter. The couple divorced in 1992. On 3rd April 2020, Zimmer filed for divorce from his second wife Suzanne Zimmer, with whom he has three children. So we can surely assume that he is currently living a single life. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Hans Zimmer's Net Worth?
Hans Zimmer has a net worth of $200 million as of 2022 whereas he also earns a handsome amount of salary which is also in millions of dollars per year. With the potential that's in store for him, he can go miles. Bit of dedication and luck, he would definitely be unstoppable. Hans has gained a considerable amount of money from his career as his major source of income is from his film score composer and record producer career.
What is the Height of Hans Zimmer?
Hans Zimmer is a good-looking guy who stands at an ideal height of 1.78 m with a balanced bodyweight of 83 kg. He has grey hair and lights brown eyes color. In addition, his body build type is average. Hans has kept his body maintained at this age too which is so awesome.
Trivias About Hans Zimmer You Need To Know.
- He is known for his work in more than 150 films, including The Lion King.
- He was in the New Wave band The Buggles during the latter part of the 1970s.
- He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in December 2010.
- He was married to Vicki Carolin from 1982 to 1992.
- He and John Williams became two of modern cinema's most renowned composers.