Hardik Pandya - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Height, Family, Facts
Hardik Himanshu Pandya is an Indian international cricketer who is professionally known as Hardik Pandya. He is well recognized for playing for the Indian national cricket team at the international level and the Baroda cricket team domestic. He helped lead Baroda to a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy victory in the 2013-2014 season. He's represented India at the Test, ODI, and T20 levels and scored his first Test century against Sri Lanka in 2017, scoring an Indian-record 26 runs in one over during that innings. Hardik joined Baroda in 2013 and made his T20I debut in 2016. He helped lead Baroda back to the Syed Mustaq Ali Trophy final by averaging 53.85 in the tournament in 2015-2016, but they ultimately lost to Uttar Pradesh. Moreover, Hardik scored his first half-century for Gujarat against Sunrisers Hyderabad on 11th April 2022.
What is Hardik Pandya Famous For?
- Being an Indian international cricketer.
- For playing for India national cricket team at the international level and Baroda cricket team in domestic.
Where is Hardik Pandya From?
Hardik Pandya was born on 11th October 1993 with the real name of Hardik Himanshu Pandya in Choryasi, Surat, Gujarat, India. He is of Indian nationality and he belongs to the Asian ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in Gujarati religion and his race is white. Hardik has celebrated his 28th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Libra. His father, Himanshu Pandya, ran a small car finance business in Surat which he shut down and shifted to Vadodara when Hardik was five; he did so in order to facilitate his sons with better cricket training facilities. His mother's name is Nalini Pandya. He also has one brother named Krunal Pandya who is also a cricketer. Sadly, their father, Himanshu died in January 2021, following a cardiac arrest.
Regarding Hardik's education, he studied at the MK High School until ninth grade before dropping out to focus on cricket.
What does Hardik Pandya do for a living?
- Hardik Pandya began his cricket career playing for the Baroda cricket team in 2013 after which he played a vital role in Baroda winning the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in the 2013-2014 season.
- He slammed eight sixes during his innings unbeaten 86 to guide the Baroda cricket team to a six-wicket win over the Vidarbha cricket team in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in January 2016.
- He played for Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League and scored a quickfire 61 off 31 balls to win the match for his side and earn his second man of the match award in the season against Kolkata Knight Riders.
- He was released by Mumbai Indians and was drafted by the new Ahmedabad franchise Gujarat Titans as their captain ahead of IPL 2022 mega auction.
- On 11th April 2022, he scored his first half-century for Gujarat against Sunrisers Hyderabad and led Gujarat to their maiden IPL title, becoming the second captain after Shane Warne to lead a team to the title in the first edition.
- Hardik Pandya made his Twenty20 International debut for India on 27th January 2016 at the age of 22, picking up 2 wickets against Australia whereas his first Twenty20 International wicket was Chris Lynn.
- He batted ahead of Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni and hit 27 off 14 balls before becoming a hat-trick victim of Thisara Perera in the second T20I against the Sri Lanka cricket team at Ranchi.
- He smashed an 18-ball 31 helping India post a respectable score against Bangladesh in Asia Cup 2016 and took two crucial wickets in the last three balls of the match's final over as India beat Bangladesh by one run in a 2016 World Twenty20 match against Bangladesh on the 23rd March.
- On 8th July 2018, his career-best bowling figures of 4 for 38 were achieved in the 3rd and final Twenty20 International against England and became the first Indian to take 4 wickets and score above 30 runs in a T20I in the same match.
- He was named in India's squad for the 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup in September 2021 and scored 11 against Pakistan, which India lost by 10 wickets.
- On 16th October 2016, he made his One Day International (ODI) debut for India against New Zealand at Dharamshala and became the fourth Indian to be named player of the match on his ODI debut after Sandeep Patil, Mohit Sharma, and K. L. Rahul.
- He scored 36 runs from 32 balls in his first ODI innings as a batsman and hit three consecutive sixes off Imad Wasim in the same over before rain stopped play in the group stages of the ICC Champions Trophy.
- He struck a 43-ball 76 in a losing cause, after coming in with India at 54/5 following a top-order collapse on 18th June 2017, in the final of the Champions Trophy at the Oval.
- Subsequently, he was selected in the ODI XI of the year 2017 by Cricinfo and was named in India's squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup in April 2019.
- Also, Pandya played in his 50th ODI in the match against the West Indies on 27th June 2019.
Who is Hardik Pandya Partner?
Hardik Pandya is an unmarried man. He got engaged to an Indian-based Serbian dancer and actress Natasa Stankovic on 1st January 2020. The pair became the blessed parents of their first child, Agastya Pandya who was born on 30th July 2020. The couple is having a good time together, which signifies they do not have affairs with other people. Furthermore, talking about Hardik's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Hardik Pandya's Net Worth?
Hardik Pandya is a versatile man who has a net worth of $9 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is above 1.2 Crore rupees per year. He has established himself an identity already and Hardik's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. In addition, his major source of income is his cricket career.
What is the Height of Hardik Pandya?
Hardik Pandya has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He stands at a tall height of 6 ft or 183 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 70 kg or 154 lbs. He has dark brown hair and eye color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Hardik Pandya You Need To Know.
- He scored his first Test century against Sri Lanka in 2017, scoring an Indian-record 26 runs in one over during that innings.
- He's represented India at the Test, ODI, and T20 levels.
- He joined Baroda in 2013 and made his T20I debut in 2016.
- In 2015-2016, he helped lead Baroda back to the Syed Mustaq Ali Trophy final by averaging a 53.85 in the tournament, but they ultimately lost to Uttar Pradesh.
- He has an older brother named Krunal Pandya who is also a cricketer.