Haris Seferovic - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Salar, Family, Height, Facts
Swiss professional footballer, Haris Seferovic plays for Portuguese club Benfica and the Switzerland national team as a striker. He joined Real Sociedad in 2013 after spending the previous three years with Fiorentina, Neuchatel Xamax, Lecce, and Novara. His shirt number is 14. He began his professional career with Grasshopper in 2009 after coming up through the club's youth set-up whereas he debuted with the Swiss national team in 2013. He scored his first international goal on 8th June 2013 in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Cyprus and scored his first World Cup goal in a group stage match against Ecuador on 15th June 2014.
Switzerland 3-1 Turkey: Shaqiri gives Swiss hope of a last-16 spot
Switzerland left it late in the group stage but belatedly turned on the style to give their chances of progressing to the knockout stages a significant boost. It was a wonderful game, full of attacking threats from both sides, and 42 shots were attempted a record for a group-stage game at the European Championship. Two of those shots saw Switzerland go in at the break with a healthy lead. Haris Seferovic and Xherdan Shaqiri both scored from outside the penalty area, becoming the first Swiss players to do so at any European Championship, with each of their nine goals in the competition before Sunday coming from inside the area.
- Being a Swiss professional footballer.
- For playing for Portuguese club Benfica and the Switzerland national team as a striker.
Everything You Need To Know About Xherdan Shaqiri
What is the Birthplace of Haris Seferovic?
On 22nd February 1992, Haris Seferovic took birth in Sursee, Switzerland under the star sign of Pisces. He is of Swiss nationality and he belongs to the Bosniak ethnic background. Haris's race is white and his religion is Muslim. He has celebrated his 29th birthday as of 2021. Seferovic was born on the lap of his mother, Sefika Seferovic and father, Hamza Seferovic. He has a brother whose name is Adis Seferovic.
How was the Football Career of Haris Seferovic?
- Haris Seferovic kicks off his football career in 1999 on FC Sursee's youth side after which he signed in the summer of 2004 for Luzern and made his debut in the Swiss Super League against Neuchatel Xamax on 26th April 2009.
- He was named as the Youth Player of the Year in the canton Lucerne in January 2010.
- Italian Serie A club Fiorentina signed Seferovic from Grasshopper for a €2.1 million transfer fee on 29th January 2010 whereas he was loaned to Swiss Super League side Neuchatel Xamax on 4th August 2011.
- He was also loaned to Serie A club Lecce during the January transfer window on 27th January 2012 and scored a hat-trick in a 3-1 win over Livorno on 17 April as Novara eventually finished in the play-offs.
- Haris completed a move to Spanish La Liga side Real Sociedad on a four-year deal for a €2 million transfer fee on 11th July 2013 and made his La Liga debut on 16th August 2013, as well as he scored with a chip against Getafe, securing a 2-0 home victory.
- He scored a volley as Real Sociedad beat Lyon 2-0 away from home in the play-off qualification round for the 2013-2014 UEFA Champions League.
- Seferovic scored Sociedad's third goal as the club defeated third-tier Algeciras 4-0 in the Copa del Rey's round of 32 on 18th December.
- Haris completed a move to German Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt, signing a three-year contract on 1st August 2014 where he made his debut on 16th August, scoring the opening goal in the ninth minute as Frankfurt defeated fourth-tier Viktoria Berlin 2-0 away in the first round of the DFB-Pokal.
- He later made his first Bundesliga debut and scored the only goal from Frankfurt's first attack of the game to defeat SC Freiburg at the Waldstadion.
- He scored only three times in 29 games as Frankfurt came 16th and was confined to a play-off against 1 in the 2015-2016 Bundesliga.
- As well, he received a three-match ban in February 2017 for striking Hertha BSC's Niklas Stark during a 2-0 loss in Berlin.
- Seferovic signed a five-year contract with Portuguese champions Benfica on 2nd June 2017 and debuted with the Lisbon side on 5th August in the 2017 Supertaca Candido de Oliveira, starting alongside Jonas and scoring the second goal in a 3-1 win over Vitória de Guimaraes.
- He then made his Primeira Liga debut in a 3-1 home win over Braga as well as became the team's top scorer on 11th January 2019, under the guidance of Bruno Lage.
- Internationally, he scored in a 2-1 win over Galatasaray in the UEFA Europa League round of 32 on 14th February as his 23 league goals earned him the Bola de Prata, making him the second Swiss player to be the top goalscorer in a foreign league.
- Haris starts and goals decreased due to the dominance of the Brazilian Carlos Vinicius in 2019-2020
- He returned to the forefront and scored 22 goals, one fewer than top scorer Pedro Goncalves of Sporting in the following year, with the Brazilian loaned to Tottenham Hotspur.
- Haris won the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Nigeria with the Swiss under-17 national team and was the top scorer of the tournament whereas he scored five goals at the tournament, including the winning goal in the final against hosts Nigeria.
- On 6th February 2013, he made his debut in a friendly against Greece where he replaced Mario Gavranovic for the last 20 minutes of the 0-0 away draw.
- On his third cap, he replaced Josip Drmic for the last 15 minutes on 8th June 2013, and in injury time, scored the only goal of a home 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Cyprus.
- Also, he was named to Switzerland's 2014 World Cup squad by head coach Ottmar Hitzfeld on 2nd June 2014.
- Haris scored three goals in qualification for UEFA Euro 2016, including two in the first half of a 4-0 win away to San Marino that was Swiss' first victory of the campaign.
- On 31st August 2017, he added four more goals as the Swiss qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, with two in a 3-0 win over Andorra in St. Gallen. Petkovic named him for the squad to compete in the finals in Russia.
- He also scored a hat-trick as the Swiss came from 0-2 down to defeat Belgium 5-2 in the UEFA Nations League to top their group and qualify for the finals on 18th November 2018.
- Later, played in the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals in May 2019, where his team finished 4th.
- SL Benfica on 01/07/2017 for free
- Eintracht Frankfurt on 01/08/2014 for 3.2M €
- Real Sociedad on 11/07/2013 for 3M €
- Fiorentina on 30/06/2013 at end of the loan
- Novara on 30/01/2013 for loan
- Fiorentina on 30/06/2012 at end of the loan
- Lecce on 23/01/2012 for loan
- Fiorentina on 04/01/2012 at end of the loan
- Xamax on 03/08/2011 for the loan at 250k €
- Fiorentina on 29/01/2010 for 1.4M €
- Grasshopper Club Zurich on 01/07/2009 From GC Zurich U18
Awards and Achivements
- DFB-Pokal runner-up: 2016-2017
- Primeira Liga: 2018-2019
- Supertaca Candido de Oliveira: 2017, 2019
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: 2009
- Primeira Liga Top scorer: 2018-2019
- Bosnian U19 Football Player of the Year: 2009
- Swiss Player of the Year: 2019
- Primeira Liga Team of the Year: 2018-2019, 2020-2021
Who is Haris Seferovic Wife?
Haris Seferovic is a married footballer. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife, Amina Seferovic on 5th April 2019. The couple is also blessed with a child. They have a daughter named Inaya Seferovic who was born on 8th September 2019. She's supportive of him and the profession that he is in. There's much love between the two. Talking about Haris's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Haris Seferovic Net Worth?
Haris Seferovic is one of the richest Soccer Players who has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2021. His current market value is around €14 million as of May 2021 whereas his highest market value is €18 million as of June 2019. He has a salary of 200,000 euros per year. Haris has earned a fine amount of money from his career as his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Haris Seferovic?
Standing at an ideal height of 5 ft 12 in / 182 cm, Haris Seferovic's body weight is around 154 lb / 70 kg. He has dark brown hair and eye color. He has inked several attractive tattoos on his body. He has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems. Haris is athletic by body build.
Trivias About Haris Seferovic You Need To Know.
- Haris began his professional career with Grasshopper in 2009 after coming up through the club's youth set-up.
- He debuted with the Swiss national team in 2013.
- He and right back Stephan Lichtsteiner became teammates on the Swiss national team.
- He is of Bosniak origin and is a Muslim.
- On 28th December 2020, he tested positive for COVID-19.