Last updated on July 5th, 2022 at 05:52 pm
Facts About Harmony Tan
|25 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Source of Wealth
|5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm
|63 Kg or 139 lbs
Harmony Tan is a French professional tennis player. She has career-high WTA rankings of World No. 90 in singles and World No. 302 in doubles. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the 3rd round of the 2022 Wimbledon Championships; and the 2nd round of the 2021 French Open and the 2022 Australian Open. As of June 2022, she had won 8 singles titles and 1 doubles title on the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Women’s Circuit, a series of professional tennis tournaments run by the ITF for female professional tennis players that serve as a feeder system for the WTA Tour, a worldwide top-tier tennis tour for women organized by the WTA.
What is Harmony Tan Famous For?
- Being a French Tennis Player.
- For her first appearance in June 2022 in the main draw of the singles event at the Wimbledon Championships, ranked number 115 in the world where she upset 7-time champion, Serena Williams.
What is Harmony Tan Nationality?
Harmony Tan took birth on 11th September 1997 in Paris, Île-de-France, France. She is French by nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed as she has Chinese Cambodian and Vietnamese descent. Her father is an engineer and her mother is a financial journalist. Her brother's name is Maxim Tan. Her present age is 24 as of 2021. Her zodiac sign is Virgo and she is Christianity by religion. She started playing tennis at the age of 6.
Harmony Tan Career Timeline
- Tan made her first-ever debut at the 2017 French Open at the age of 20 after she received a wildcard entry for the tournament.
- She alongside her partner Audrey Albié lost their first-round match to the unseeded pair of Pauline Parmentier and Yanina Wickmayer.
- She made her WTA Tour and Grand Slam main-draw singles debut at the 2018 US Open losing her first-round match to Eugenie Bouchard, 3–6, 1–6.
- She made her main-draw singles debut on the WTA Challenger Tour in January 2019 in Newport Beach. There, she won her first- and second-round matches (against Katharina Gerlach and Sachia Vickery, respectively) before losing to Taylor Townsend.
- She made her WTA Tour main-draw singles debut in Strasbourg thanks to a wildcard but she lost her first-round match to No. 7 seed, Zheng Saisai, 6–7, 6–7.
- She next defeated Serena Williams in three sets with a super tiebreak 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (10-7) in the first round after 3 hours and 10 minutes, the longest match thus far at the tournament in 2022 at her first Wimbledon ranked No. 115.
- Later, Tan withdrew only an hour before her match in the doubles competition prompting her partner Tamara Korpatsch to express her anger and disappointment from not being able to participate in the event on her debut.
How much is Harmony Tan's Net Worth and Salary?
Harmony Tan has a net worth of $500K-$1 million as of 2022. The majority of Harmony Tan's money comes from her career as a Player. She made her main-draw singles debut on the WTA Challenger Tour in Newport Beach in January 2019. She started playing tennis at the age of six and she is still active in the field. She lives a luxurious lifestyle and her main source of income is being a professional tennis player. This French tennis player has made prize money of US $908,860 till now. Her salary is in thousands of dollars. She has been sponsored by New Balance (American sports footwear and apparel brand), Head Sport GmbH (American-Austrian sports equipment manufacturing company), and Lacoste S.A. (a French clothing/footwear and sportswear company).
Who is Harmony Tan's Boyfriend?
Harmony Tan is not married yet and she is still to get married. She is currently single and there is no news and affairs about her relationship with anyone. Her sexual orientation is straight. She is currently focusing on her professional career.
What is Harmony Tan Height?
Harmony Tan is a beautiful lady. She stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm. Her body weight consists of 63 KG or 139 lbs. Her body type is athletic. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. She has a charming smile.
Trivias About Harmony Tan You Need To Know.
- She is of Chinese Cambodian and Vietnamese descent.
- She visits Biarritz, a city in the French Basque Country, a region lying on the west of the French department of the Pyrénées-Atlantiques, every summer.
- She also has interest in surfing and playing the piano.
- She started playing tennis at the age of 4.