Helen Mirren - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Married, Husband, Nationality, TV Shows, Awards, Salary, Height, Parents, Facts, Wiki, Tattoo, Life Story
Dame Helen Lydia Mirren famed Helen Mirren is an English actress. She made her feature film debut as Penelope Squires in the film, "Press for Time" in the year 1966, she was uncredited for her role, and then she made her credited feature film debut as Advert Woman in the drama film, "Herostratus" in the year 1967. She made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress by voicing the character of Snow Queen in the animated film, "The Snow Queen" in the year 1995. Regarding her TV shows, she made her first TV show appearance in the talk show, "The Brian Connell Interview" and then made her TV show debut as a voice actress in the family series "Reading Rainbow". She won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen, the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play for the same role in The Audience, and has won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie four times. At the Hamlet Court Primary School, she played the lead role in the school’s production of the popular fairytale, "Hansel and Gretel". She received the Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire Award for her services to drama in the year 2003. She considers Italian actress Anna Magnani as her acting idol. In the year 2007, her debut book, titled "In the Frame: My Life in Words and Pictures", was published by Orion Books in the UK and Simon & Schuster in the U.S. The interesting fact about Helen is that she can paint and is also a very good haircutter. In 2010, she was named Sexiest Woman Alive by Esquire magazine, and in a 2011 photoshoot for the magazine, she stripped down and then covered up with the Union Jack. She was announced as one of several new models for Marks & Spencer's "Womanism" campaign in the year 2013. In March 2013, The Guardian listed Mirren as one of the 50 best-dressed over 50.
Helen Mirren enjoys the Fast & Furious 9 role
Helen Mirren's need for speed is finally satisfied as she finally gets a chance to show off her skills behind the wheel after signing up to the £4.3billion Fast & Furious franchise five years ago. Helen Mirren is back as Magdalene Shaw in Fast & Furious but now fans will see her driving again. In November, she told the Mirror how she is happy in her skin at 75 and content to grow older without any help from the surgeon's knife. The movie star has long been famous for her youthful looks. But in a new interview says she now looks her age. She said: "I'm old! And I look it. And that's just fine".
- Being a British actress.
- For her role as the Queen in the fictional drama "The Queen" (2006), which got her winning around 29 different prestigious awards including The Oscar, British Academy Film Award (BAFTA), Screen Actors Guild Award, Golden Globe Award, and Critics' Choice Movie Award.
- For her movies such as Cal (1984), The Madness of King George (1994), The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1989), Teaching Mrs. Tingle (1999), Gosford Park (2001), The Last Station (2009), Red (2010), Hitchcock (2012), The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014), Woman in Gold (2015), Trumbo (2015), The Leisure Seeker (2017), and more.
What is the Birthplace of Helen Mirren?
Helen Mirren was born with the birth name of Helen Lydia Mironoff on 26th July 1945. Her place of birth/hometown is in Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom. As per her birthday, she celebrated her 75th birthday as of 2020 and will be celebrating her 76th birthday as of 2021. She holds British nationality and her ethnic background is Mixed. She is of Russian descent on her father's side and has English roots on her mother's side. In the year 2017, she became a U.S. citizen 2017 and voted in her first U.S. election in 2020. Her race is White. Her Zodiac sign is Leo. By religion, in 1990, she stated in an interview that she is an atheist. She doesn't believe in God. She was born to her parents Vasily Petrovich Mironoff (1913-1980) (father) and Kathleen Alexandrina Eva Matilda (1909-1996) (mother). Talking about her siblings, she has two; Katherine Mironoff (Older Sister) (Born 1942), Peter Basil Mironoff (Younger Brother) (1948-2002). Concerning her education, she studied at Hamlet Court Primary School in Westcliff-on-Sea and St Bernard's High School for Girls in Southend-on-Sea. Later, she attended the New College of Speech and Drama in London, England.
How was the Acting Career of Helen Mirren?
- Playing the role of Castiza in The "Revenger's Tragedy", Helen began her acting journey.
- After that, she appeared as Diana in "All's Well That Ends Well" (1967), Cressida in "Troilus and Cressida" (1968), Rosalind in "As You Like It" (1968), Julia in "The Two Gentlemen of Verona" (1970), Tatiana in Gorky's Enemies at the "Aldwych" (1971), and the title role in Miss Julie at "The Other Place" (1971).
- She then made a documentary film "Doing Her Own Thing" in the year 1970. She also worked with Peter Brook's International Centre for Theatre Research in the years 1972 and 1973.
- After that, she rejoined the RSC, playing Lady Macbeth at Stratford in 1974 and at the Aldwych Theatre in 1975.
- She played the role of a rock star named Maggie in "Teeth 'n' Smiles" in September 1975 at the West End's Royal Court. Likewise, she also played Nina in "The Seagull" and Ella in "Ben Travers new farce "The Bed Before Yesterday".
- At the RSC in Stratford in 1977, she played a steely Queen Margaret in Terry Hands' production of the three parts of "Henry VI".
- She then came back to the Royal Court for "Healer" in the year 1981 and then made her role of John Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi".
- Starting in 1989, she co-starred in "Tow Way Mirror" and then appeared in "Elegy for a Lady", "Some Kind of Love Story", "The Audience", "A Month in the Country", "Dance of Death".
- She also appeared in "Antony and Cleopatra" in the year 1998. She also worked in "The Madness of King George" in the year 2000, "Orpheus Descending" and then playing the title role in Jean Racine's "Phedre" at the National in the year 2009.
- Beside her theatre career, she has also appeared in a number of movies which includes Midsummer Night's Dream (1968), Age of Consent (1969), O Lucky Man! (1973), Caligula (1979), The Long Good Friday (1980), Excalibur (1981), 2010 (1984), White Nights (1985), The Mosquito Coast (1986) and When the Whales Came (1989), The Madness of King George (1994), Some Mother's Son (1996), Painted Lady (1997) and The Prince of Egypt (1998).
- Her other film role was in Peter Greenaway's The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover, as the thief's wife, opposite Michael Gambon. She has played in "Teaching Mrs. Tingle" as a sadistic history teacher, Mrs. Eve Tingle.
- She then continued her role in Gosford Park (2001), Calendar Girls (2003), The Clearing (2004), Pride (2004), Raising Helen (2004), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005), and Shadowboxer (2005).
- She has portrayed three British queens in different films and television series: Elizabeth I in the television series Elizabeth I (2005), Elizabeth II in The Queen (2006), and Charlote in The Madness of King George (1994).
- She appeared in supporting roles in the films National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Inkheart, State of Play, and The Last Station.
- In the year 2000, she appeared in "Greenfingers", "The Pledge", "No Such Thing". She appeared in "Gosford Park" and "Last Orders" in the year 2001.
- After that, she starred in Nigel Cole's comedy Calendar Girls, The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone in 2003.
- In the year 2010, she made her role in "Love Ranch", "The Tempest", "Brighton Rock", "Red", and then lent her voice to Zack Snyder's computer-animated fantasy film "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole". Similarly, she appeared in the comedy film "Arthur", "The Debt", "Hitchcock", "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho", "The Door".
- She then voiced the character of Dean Abigail Hardscrabble in Pixar's computer-animated comedy film "Monsters University" in the year 2013 and reprised her role in the sequel film "Red 2".
- In the year 2014, she appeared in only one film i.e. "The Hundred-Foot Journey".
- In 2015, she appeared in "Woman in Gold", "Eye in the Sky", "Trumbo".
- Her 2016 film includes only one film i.e. "Collateral Beauty". She narrated Cries from Syria, a documentary film in 2017, and made an uncredited cameo appearance in F. Gary Gray's The Fate of the Furious, the eighth installment in The Fast and the Furious franchise.
- She portrayed heiress Sarah Winchester in the supernatural horror film "Winchester" in the year 2018 and starred as Mother Ginger in Disney's adaptation of The Nutcracker, titled "The Nutcracker and the Four Realms".
- After then, she made her role in the ensemble film "Berlin, I Love You", the French crime thriller film "Anna".
- He also co-starred in the Fast and the Furious spin-off "Hobbs & Shaw".
- Along with the movies and theaters, she is also equally active in TV Shows who is famous for her role as detective Jane Tennison in the widely viewed "Prime Suspect". Whereas her other TV roles can be seen in Cousin Bette (1971); As You Like It (1979); Blue Remembered Hills (1979); The Twilight Zone episode "Dead Woman's Shoes" (1985); The Passion of Ayn Rand (1999), Door to Door (2002), The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone (2003), Laurence Olivier Presents series.
- What's more, she played Queen Elizabeth I in 2005, in the television serial "Elizabeth I" and also she has hosted Saturday Night Live on 9 April 2011.
- In September 2007, her autobiography, "In the Frame: My Life in Words and Pictures", was published in the UK by Weidenfeld & Nicolson.
Awards and Achievements of Helen Mirren
An award-winning actress, Helen has achieved many awards and honors until now. She has achieved one Academy Award, four BAFTA Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, four Primetime Emmy Awards, five Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Critics' Choice Movie Awards, and one Tony Award. Whereas her other awards and honors include the BAFTA Fellowship from the British Academy of Film and Television Arts and Gala Tribute presented by the Film Society of Lincoln Center. In April she was named best actress at the Olivier Awards for her role in "The Audience".
Who is Helen Mirren married to?
Helen Mirren is a married woman. Helen Mirren married her husband, Taylor Hackford, an American director by profession. Their wedding took place at the Ardersier Parish Church near Inverness in the Scottish Highlands. The duo met each other on the set of "White Nights". She has no children and says she has "no maternal instinct whatsoever". She is enjoying her present life happily with her husband without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight. She supports numerous charities including Women For Women, Refuge, National Youth Theater, Meals On Wheels, Freedom From Torture, and Voluntary Responder Group.
Regarding her past relationship and affairs, she lived together with Neeson Liam during the early 1980s. They met while working on Excalibur (1981). Interviewed by James Lipton for Inside the Actors Studio, Neeson said Mirren was instrumental in his getting an agent. In a GQ interview in 2008, she stated she had been date raped as a student and had often taken cocaine at parties in her twenties and until the 1980s.
How much is Helen Mirren Net Worth?
Helen Mirren is a successful actress who has made a huge amount of money from her acting career by appearing in numerous movies and TV shows. As of 2021, the net worth of Helen Mirren is estimated to have $100 Million whereas her exact salary is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a good amount of money from her career. Her major source of wealth comes from her acting career and he is satisfied with her earnings. She is living a luxurious lifestyle from her career earnings. She has done endorsement work for brands such as L'Oreal, Marks & Spencer, Virgin Airlines, Wii Fit Plus.
How tall is Helen Mirren?
With a slim body build, Helen Mirren stands tall at the height of 5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm. Whereas her body weight consists of 56 kg or 123.5 lbs. She has blonde hair color and her eye color is blue. She has a neck-length hairstyle with a jovial smile. She maintains her body a lot by doing frequent exercises such as knee raises, sit-ups, leg raises, push-ups, side bends, chest raises, running, and hopping on the spot. She is very conscious about her food intake. At present, the details about her body measurements such as chest size, waist size, shoe size, and more have not been revealed yet. She has a star tattooed on her left hand. It represents an American-Indian symbol that means "equal but opposite".
Trivias About Helen Mirren You Need To Know.
- Helen made her credited feature film debut as Advert Woman in the drama film, "Herostratus" in the year 1967.
- She made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress by voicing the character of Snow Queen in the animated film, "The Snow Queen" in the year 1995.
- At the Hamlet Court Primary School, she played the lead role in the school’s production of the popular fairytale, "Hansel and Gretel".
- In the year 2007, her debut book, titled "In the Frame: My Life in Words and Pictures", was published by Orion Books in the UK and Simon & Schuster in the U.S.
- She was announced as one of several new models for Marks & Spencer's "Womanism" campaign in the year 2013.