Henry Cejudo - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, UFC, Record, Fight, Retired, MMA, Girlfriend, Salary, The Messenger, Nationality, Weight, Wiki, Age, Height
Henry Cejudo is an American mixed martial artist and former freestyle wrestler who was signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He is also an Olympic gold medallist. In 2019, he is #11 in official UFC pound-for-pound rankings. Similarly, He announced his retirement from professional fighting after defending his UFC bantamweight title by knocking out Dominick Cruz in the second round in May 2020. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Henry Cejudo famous for?
- An American mixed martial artist and freestyle wrestler.
Where does Henry Cejudo live?
Going back to his early life, Henry was born in Los Angeles, California, the United States to his parents, Jorge Cejudo and Nelly Rico. Sadly, his parents divorced when he was 4. Also, he has a brother named Angel Cejudo. Further, his academic qualification is yet to be disclosed.
When did Henry Cejudo pursue his MMA career?
- Talking about his career journey, Henry started his wrestling career at a very young age. During Junior World Championship, he held the fifth and second positions respectively in 2005 and 2006.
- He also won Us nationals and Pan American Championship in 2006 and 2008.
- In 2008 Beijing Olympics, Cejudo won the Gold Medal for Wrestling.
- Then, he took an extended break from competition, before retiring from freestyle wrestling in 2012.
- He fought at 135 pounds in his MMA debut. He defeated Michael Poe by TKO due to punches in his MMA debut on March 2nd, 2013, for the Arizona-based World Fighting Federation.
- Over the next year, He amassed a record of 6-0 with three wins by TKO, one by submission, and two by decision. Also, He was listed as the #1 ranked bantamweight prospect in the MMA Prospects Report 2013.
- In 2014, He signed with the UFC. He is the third Olympic gold medalist wrestler in company history, after Mark Schultz and Kevin Jackson.
- In 2015, He faced Chris Cariaso in a flyweight bout at UFC 185. He won the fight by unanimous decision.
- On May 13th, 2017, He was expected to face Sergio Pettis at UFC 211. However, on May 10th, He pulled out of the fight with a hand injury and the bout was canceled.
- On August 4th, 2018, He faced Demetrious Johnson in a rematch for the UFC Flyweight Championship title in the co-main event at UFC 227.
- On January 26th, 2019, was initially scheduled to face UFC Bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw at UFC 233.
- In May 2020, He successfully defended his UFC bantamweight title by knocking out Dominick Cruz in the second round. After that, He announced his retirement from professional fighting immediately.
Who is Henry Cejudo married to?
Henry Cejudo has never been married but he is in a relationship. He is currently dating Brazilian Amanda Dallago Chaves. However, it is unclear when they met and started dating each other. Presently, the lovebirds enjoying their love life happily, Previously he was also in the limelight after being linked with Nikki Bella.
How much is Henry Cejudo's worth?
Henry Cejudo is an MMA player who has earned a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the sports industry. As per the online sites, he has reported $2 million as of 2020. However, his salary and assets were yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Henry Cejudo?
Henry Cejudo has a height of 5 feet 4 inches and he weighs around 57 Kg. His eyes are dark brown and black hair color. Further, his body measures around 38-30-35 inches and he has 14 inches bicep size.
Trivias About Henry Cejudo You Need To Know.
- Henry Cejudo,also known as The Messenger,is an American mixed martial artist of Mexican.
- Reigning champion of the flyweight division in UFC.
- Champion and also the first Olympic gold medallist to do so.