Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 05:55 am
Facts About Hideo Itami
|Celebrated Name||Hideo Itami|
|Age||42 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Kenta Kobayashi|
|Place Of Birth||Soka, Saitama, Japan|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Wife||Mai Mizuki (M. 2010 to Present)|
|Son||Ryuu and Osuke|
|Net Worth||Under Review|
|Source of Wealth||Wrestling Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Hideo Itami is a Japanese professional wrestler currently signed to New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW), where he performs under the ring name Kenta. He was first known for his time in Pro Wrestling Noah where he was a one-time Global Honored Crown (GHC) Heavyweight Champion, three-time GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion, three-time GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion, and one-time GHC Tag Team Champion; once was the inaugural reign with longtime partner and rival, Naomichi Marufuji, which saw the two hold the title for almost two years, as well as a reign with protégé Taiji Ishimori. He was also the winner of the 2012 Global League and the 2013 Global Tag League tournaments. Here are details of his biography and all the other facts you need to know about the three-time GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion.
Where is Hideo Itami born?
Back to his early life, Hideo Itami was born as Kenta Kobayashi in Soka, Saitama, Japan. He was very athletic since his younger days and has practiced in sports like baseball and kickboxing but later shifted focus to wrestling. He trained under Yoshihiro Takayama and Kenta Kobashi to perfect his style of shoot-style wrestling. There is no information available regarding his parents and education details yet. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.
When did Hideo Itami pursue his wrestling career?
- Hideo Itami made his professional debut in professional wrestling on May 24, 2000, facing Naomichi Marufuji, in All Japan Pro Wrestling competing (AJPW) in the junior heavyweight division. Itami did not stay in the organization for long as the acting president of AJPW seceded from the company to form his own company, Pro Wrestling Noah.
- Itami joined Pro Wrestling Noah and started competing in for the Junior Heavyweight Championship. After being out of the game for 1 year due to injury, Itami returned to Pro Wrestling with the ring name Kenta. He began competing in the championship and was able to reach the finals defeating wrestlers such as Kotaro Suzuki and Tsuyoshi Kikuchi. However, he was unable to defeat Yoshinobu Kanemaru on the Navigation with Breeze tour.
- With Hideo Itami's growing popularity due to his success at the junior heavyweight championship, he joined his mentor, Kenta Kobashi, in the faction Burning. He teamed up with Naomichi Marufuji to become the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions by defeating the junior heavyweight veterans Jyushin Thunder Liger and Takehiro Murahama. Itami tried to claim the GHC Junior Heavyweight title but was unable to do so in 2003.
- Itami and Marufuji were able to hold onto their title of Tag Team Champions for almost two years until they were defeated by Kendo Kashin and Takashi Sugiura on their first Tokyo Dome Show. Itami was finally able to win the Junior Heavyweight title on July 18 defeating Yoshinobu Kanemaru. In two months span, he defended his title against Kotaro Suzuki and Suwa. He lost his Junior Heavyweight title on June 4 of 2006 to Takashi Sugiura.
- Hideo Itami "Kenta" teamed up with Taiji Ishimori to defeat Marufuji and Kota Ibushi in the NTV Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Tournament in the finals. The two challenged Shingo Takagi and BxB Hulk for the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions and won but lost the title to Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Kotaro Suzuki. After the loss of the tag title, Kenta returned to singles competition and defeated Bryan Danielson for his second claim at the GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship.201
- Hideo Itami wrestled for the Japanese promotion until the end of 2013. On January 27, 2014, Itami moved to America and entered the WWE's Performance Center in Orlando, Florida for a tryout. He was signed by the WWE and began working for NXT. He debuted on September 11 at NXT TakeOver: Fatal 4-way. Itami became one of the strong new coming wrestlers. His first defeat in the promotion came on January 15, 2015, when he was defeated by Finn Balor.
- At the WrestleMania Axxess NXT tournament held on March 27, Itami defeated Adrian Neville and Finn Balor to get a spot in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal of WrestleMania 31. He was eliminated in the tournament by the eventual winner Big Show.
- Kenta made a one-off return to Noah as Hideo Itami on September 1, 2018, losing to Naomichi Marufuji at Marufuji's 20th Anniversary show.
- Kenta made a surprise appearance along with Katsuyori Shibata at New Japan Pro-Wrestling's Dominion 6.9 in Osaka-jo Hall event, announcing his participation in 2019's G1 Climax tournament.
Is Hideo Itami married? Who is his wife?
Reflecting his personal life, Hideo Itami is a married man. He was married his long-term girlfriend Mai Mizuki who is a singer in October of 2010. The couple blessed two sons. They are Ryuu and Osuke. He has brought his sons to a few of his wrestling matches and there have been many pictures of them circulating on the internet. At present, they live a blissful life without any rumors. Furthermore, there are also no details of his past love affairs and girlfriend either.
How much net worth Hideo Itami owns?
Hideo Itami found success as a wrestler competing in his home country of Japan. However, since moving to the USA, he has slowly been climbing the WWE ladders and finding success as a wrestler in there as well. He is currently signed to RAW but information regarding his financial contract with the organization have not been disclosed. Due to the lack of information regarding his financial revenue, Itami's net worth remains a mystery for now.
How tall is Hideo Itami?
Observing his body statistics, Itami has an athletic body with a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 187 lbs. He has black hair and eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Hideo Itami You Need To Know.
- With partner Naomichi Marufuji, he won Wrestling observer Newslettr's Tag Team of the Year award two straight years in 2003 and 2004.