Hilary Swank - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Divorce, Family, Parents, Brother, Ethnicity, Hollywood, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Awards, Children
Hilary Swank is an American actress and film producer who is well-known for her portrayal as Brandon Teena, a trans man in the biographical drama film, "Boys Don't Cry"(1999). For her marvelous acting, she received her first Academy Award for Best Actress and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. Swank got her second Academy Award for her appearance as Maggie Fitzgerald in Clint Eastwood's sports drama film, "Million Dollar Baby"(2004).
Having started her career with a minor role in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"(1992), Swank has managed to establish herself as one of the talented actresses in Hollywood for over 28 years receiving more than 55 awards. Besides, Swank is active in social media sites with over 1 million followers on her Instagram: @hilaryswank.
What is Hilary Swank Famous for?
- Famous as Academy Awards winning actress.
- Known for her appearance as a lead role in "Boys Don't Cry"(1999) and "Million Dollar Baby"(2004).
Where was Hilary Swank Born?
Hilary Swank was born on July 30, 1974, in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. Her birth name is Hilary Ann Swank. His nationality is American. Swank belongs to mixed ethnicity while Leo is her zodiac sign.
Hilary was born as the youngest child of her parents Stephen Michael Swank(father) and Judy Kay(mother). Her father, Stephen was a Chief Master Sergeant in the Oregon Air National Guard while her mother, Judy was a secretary cum dancer. Her parents however separated when Hilary was just 15, after which her mother raised her by herself. She has an older brother, Daniel Swank, who is eight years older than her.
Many of Swank's family members are from Ringgold County, Iowa. Moreover, her maternal grandmother, Frances Martha Clough was of Mexican descent while her paternal grandmother was born in England.
When Hilary was just 6, her family moved into a home near Lake Samish in Bellingham, Washington, where she attended Happy Valley Elementary School, then Fairhaven Middle School, and finally got enrolled in Sehome High School until she was 16.
Swank always had an interest in acting and sports as she even competed in the Junior Olympics and the Washington state championships in swimming, ranking 5th in all-around gymnastics. Swank made her first appearance on stage when she was 9 years old, starring in "The Jungle Book".
After her parents got divorced, her mother moved with her to Los Angeles, California, where they had a hard time as they lived out of their car until Swank's mother saved enough money to rent an apartment.
In California, Swank enrolled in South Pasadena High School, later got dropped out claiming that she didn't belong there.
Hilary Swank's Career Highlights
- Hilary Swank made her film debut with a minor role as Kimberly Hannah in the comedy horror film, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in 1992.
- She then acted in the direct-to-video drama, "Quiet Days in Hollywood" alongside Chad Lowe.
- Swank got her first lead role as Julie Pierce in the fourth installment of the Karate Kid series, "The Next Karate Kid" in 1994.
- In 1994, she starred as Patty Yaklich in the television drama, "Cries Unheard: The Donna Yaklich Story".
- In 1996, she appeared as Michelle Porter in a horror film, "Sometimes They Come Back... Again" and also as Colleen in a crime thriller, "Kounterfeit". The same year, played the role of Deena Marten in a television film, "Terror in the Family".
- Swank also played the main role of a single mother as Carly Reynolds in teen drama series, "Beverly Hills, 90210" for 16 episodes in 1997.
- Swank got her biggest breakthrough after she portrayed the role of a trans man, Brandon Teena in the biographical drama film, "Boys Don't Cry" in 1999. Her work earned her first Academy Award and was also cited as the best female performance of 1999.
- She kicked off her 2000 with movies like "The Gift", "The Audition", "The Affair of the Necklace", "Insomnia", "The Core", "11:14", "Red Dust".
- She made her another breakthrough with the role of a female boxer, Maggie Fitzgerald in Clint Eastwood's 2004 film, "Million Dollar Baby". The role earned her second Academy Award.
- In 2006, Swank signed a three-year contract with Guerlain to be the face of the women's fragrance Insolence.
- She then starred as the lead role in a drama film, "Freedom Writers", about a real-life teacher, Erin Gruwell in 2007. The same year, she starred as Katherine Winter in the horror film "The Reaping" and in the romantic drama "P.S. I Love You".
- In 2009, she portrayed the role of Amelia Earhart in a Canadian biopic, "Amelia".
- Swank's audiobook recording of Caroline Knapp's "Pack of Two: The Intricate Bond Between People and Dogs" was released at Audible.com in 2012.
- In 2013, she starred in the television film, "Mary and Martha" alongside Brenda Blethyn.
- In 2014, Swank played the lead role of Kate Parke in a drama film, "You're Not You".
- She also appeared in Steven Soderbergh's heist comedy, "Logan Lucky" as Special Agent Sarah Grayson in 2017. The same year, she portrayed lawyer Colette Hughes in Bille August's drama film, "55 Steps".
- She starred in and executive produced the Alzheimer's disease drama film, "What They Had" in 2018.
- In 2020, she appeared as Athena Stine in the horror film, "The Hunt".
- She will star as an astronaut dealing with family separation as Emma Green in the sci-fi drama series, "Away".
Hilary Swank Husband Peter Schneider
Hilary Swank has been married twice to date. Swank's first marriage was with Chad Lowe, an American actor, and director. Lowe even starred alongside Swank in a drama, "Quiet Days in Hollywood" in 1997, which was the first time they met in person.
Eventually, they began dating and got married on September 28, 1997. However, after almost 9 years of marriage, they separated and got divorced on November 1, 2007.
Shortly after her divorce, she began dating her agent, John Campisi, in 2007 but they ended their relationship after 5 years in May 2012. She then met Ruben Torres, a financial advisor with UBS and former professional tennis player, and began dating since May 2015. They even announced their engagement on March 22, 2016, however, in June, Swank's representative confirmed that they had ended their engagement.
Swank then dated her current husband, Philip Schneider, an entrepreneur with whom she got married on August 18, 2018, after dating for 2 years. Besides, Swank is a philanthropist and the CEO of the Mission Statement & Hilaroo Foundation.
Hilary Swank's Net Worth
Hilary Swank has quite great earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having been in the field of show business for over 28 years, Swank has managed to amass a healthy fortune from her several films, series, and short films.
Her net worth is estimated to be around $40 million.
Belonging to a normal family, Swank was just a normal girl in her teen who had nothing but just a dream to act and express herself through it. While filming "Boys Don't Cry", Swank earned only $75 per day for her work on the film, culminating in a total of $3,000. And now Swank has million worth fortune that she could ever dream for.
Hilary Swank's Height
Hilary Swank is a gorgeous lady in her 40s. With her marvelous acting and stunning looks, Swank has managed to win several hearts all around the world. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.68m) while her body weight weighs around 55kg(121 lbs).
She has a perfect slim body physique of measurement 34-24-35 inch with 32B as her bra size, 9(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and dark brown eyes.