Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:17 am
Facts About Holger Rune
|Celebrated Name||Holger Rune|
|Age||20 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Holger Rune|
|Birth Name||Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune|
|Place Of Birth||Gentofte, Denmark|
|Source of Wealth||Tennis Career|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches or 188 cm|
|Weight||77 kg or 170 lbs|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune, widely recognized as Holger Rune, is a highly accomplished Danish tennis professional. He gained prominence by achieving a remarkable ranking of world No. 7 in men's singles, as designated by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP), a feat he accomplished on April 17, 2023. This outstanding achievement not only solidified his position as the highest-ranked Danish player in the ATP rankings but also highlighted his exceptional talent. Holger began his tennis journey at the tender age of six, and as a junior player, he secured victory as the U14 European singles champion. Taking a significant step in his career, he turned professional in 2020 at the age of 16. Further solidifying his prowess on clay, Holger reached the final of the 2023 BMW Open, his second consecutive final on this surface. Holger has a career record of 76 wins and 47 losses, with a win percentage of 61.8%. He has clinched four career titles so far. He achieved a remarkable victory over world No. 1 Novak Djokovic for the second time, propelling him to the semifinals of the tournament. This accomplishment further exemplifies his incredible talent and potential for continued success in the world of professional tennis.
Holger Rune Background: Father, Mother & Sister
Holger Rune, whose full name is Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune, was born on 29th April 2003 in Gentofte, Denmark. He currently resides in Charlottenlund, Denmark, and holds Danish nationality. Holger belongs to the Danish-white ethnicity and practices the Christian religion. In terms of race, he identifies as white. Born under the zodiac sign of Taurus, his journey in life began on this date. His current age is 20 and Rune celebrates his birthday annually on the 29th of April. He is the son of his father, Anders Nodskov, and his mother, Aneke Rune. Alma Rune, his sibling, has a successful career as a model.
Holger Rune Tennis Career
- Holger Rune and Clara Tauson joined forces in 2014 to claim the title of Danish U12 champions in mixed doubles, demonstrating their remarkable skills at a young age. Building on his passion for the sport, Holger began his training at the renowned Mouratoglou Academy in 2016, laying the foundation for his development and future success in tennis.
- In 2017, he emerged victorious in the European U14 singles championship, and at the age of 15, he became the youngest Danish male singles champion by winning an indoor tournament in 2019.
- On 8th June 2019, Holger triumphed over Toby Alex Kodat to claim the French Open boys' singles title.
- In June 2019, he received a wildcard entry and secured a victory at the Blois ATP Challenger, becoming 16 years, 1 month, and 18 days old at the time.
He also competed in the Amersfoort Challenger in July 2019, where he earned his second ATP Challenger match win.
- On 28th October 2019, he reached the ITF Juniors ranking of World No. 1 after defeating Harold Mayot in the ITF Junior Finals.
Holger served as a practice partner during the 2019 ATP Finals.
- Holger Rune made the decision to turn professional in 2020, at the age of 16, embarking on his journey as a pro tennis player.
- He received a wildcard entry into the qualifying draw of the 2020 Auckland Open but was defeated by Vasek Pospisil in straight sets.
- In July 2020, Holger became the youngest participant in the Ultimate Tennis Showdown (UTS), but unfortunately, he lost to Corentin Moutet, a French player.
- He achieved his first ITF title at an M25 event in Switzerland in September 2020, By the end of that year, he had reached three more ITF finals, winning two of them.
- In October 2020, Holger received a wildcard for the ATP Challenger 80 in Puente Romano, Marbella, where he faced Elliot Benchetrit and lost in a close match.
- He continued to make strides in his career in 2021. He reached three more ITF finals, winning one of them.
- In March 2021, Rune made his ATP debut as a wildcard entry at the Argentina Open, where he faced Albert Ramos Viñolas in the first round and lost in three sets.
- However, he bounced back at the Chile Open, winning the qualifying round and securing his first ATP match victory against Sebastian Baez. He also achieved his first top-30 victory over Benoît Paire and reached his first ATP quarterfinal, where he was defeated by Federico Delbonis. This made him the youngest ATP Tour quarterfinalist since 2014.
- In June 2021, he won his first ATP Challenger title in Biella, but his achievement was overshadowed by his use of homophobic slurs during the semifinal match. He was fined by the ATP for his behavior.
- Rune received wildcards for several clay-court events, including the Swedish Open, Croatia Open, and Austrian Open Kitzbuhel in July 2021. He garnered additional match wins, leading to a career-high ranking of No. 145 by August 2021. He won the San Marino Open and the Verona Challenger, becoming the second youngest male player in the top 150.
- He made his grand slam debut at the 2021 US Open after successfully qualifying. In the first round, he faced world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, winning a set but ultimately losing the match due to cramping.
- At the Moselle Open, Rune qualified for the main draw and reached his second ATP quarterfinal, defeating Bernabe Zapata Miralles and Lorenzo Sonego along the way. He was eliminated in the quarterfinals by Pablo Carreño Busta.
- He successfully qualified for the 2021 Next Generation ATP Finals on 4th November 2021, finishing the year ranked No. 103 in the ATP rankings.
On 17th January 2022, Holger Rune made his debut in the top 100 of the ATP singles rankings at world No. 99, becoming the second youngest male player, after Carlos Alcaraz, to achieve this milestone.
- At 2022 Open 13, Rune, alongside partner Hugo Gaston, reached his first career ATP semifinal in the doubles tournament, defeating top seeds Mahut/Herbert and Walkow/Zielinski before losing to eventual champions Rublev/Molchanov.
- In April, Rune received a wildcard for the Bavarian International Tennis Championships, where he secured his first top 10 wins by defeating Alexander Zverev in straight sets, advancing to his third ATP quarterfinal. He went on to reach his first ATP singles final, with wins over Ruusuvuori and Otte. In the final, his opponent van de Zandschulp retired due to chest pain, making Rune the tournament's third youngest champion in the Open Era.
- Following his title win, Rune entered the top 50 in the ATP rankings on 2 May 2022.
- At the French Open, Rune had an impressive run, defeating Shapovalov, Laaksonen, and Gaston in straight sets. He continued his success by stunning fourth seed Tsitsipas, reaching his first Grand Slam quarterfinal and becoming the first Danish man in the Open Era to achieve this feat. Rune ultimately lost to Ruud but entered the world's top 30 as a result.
- He had a mixed performance in subsequent tournaments, including wins over Paire in Washington and Fognini in Montreal. He reached his second ATP final in Sofia but fell to Husler. Nonetheless, his achievements earned him a spot in the 2022 Next Generation ATP Finals.
- In Stockholm, Rune reached his third final by defeating de Minaur and won his second title by defeating Tsitsipas. He followed this up with a strong performance in Basel, defeating de Minaur once again and advancing to the final after victories over Humbert and Rinderknech. His impressive results led to his debut in the top 20 of the ATP rankings on 31 October 2022.
- At the 2022 Rolex Paris Masters, Rune had a remarkable run, saving match points against Wawrinka and defeating top-10 players including Hurkacz, Rublev, Alcaraz, and Auger-Aliassime. He clinched his first Masters 1000 title by defeating defending champion Djokovic in the final, becoming the youngest champion in Paris since Boris Becker in 1986. This achievement also propelled him into the top 10 of the ATP rankings.
- On 6th March 2023, Rune continued his success, reaching the semifinals of the Mexican Open and climbing to world No. 8 in the rankings. He later announced his split with coach Patrick Mouratoglou on 3rd April 2023. At the Monte-Carlo Masters, he defeated Medvedev and Sinner to reach his second Masters final, eventually losing to Rublev. As a result, Rune reached a career-high ranking of world No. 7 on 17th April 2023, tied with Kurt Nielsen as the highest-ranked Dane in history.
- Rune extended his strong form by winning the BMW Open, successfully defending his title, and securing his first trophy of the season. He also defeated Djokovic for the second time at the Rome Masters to reach the semifinals.
Holger Rune's Girlfriend: Who is Holger Rune dating?
Holger Rune, a young and attractive social media sensation, is currently not involved in any romantic relationship. Instead, he is channeling his energy toward honing his talents and pursuing his dreams. He is dedicated to his career and has chosen to prioritize it over romantic entanglements. He has not disclosed any information regarding his love life, including crushes, relationships, or affairs, and there have been no reports of him dating anyone in the past. At present, it can be inferred that Bryce Hall is currently unattached and single. Regarding his sexual orientation, he identifies as heterosexual.
Holger Rune 2023: Net Worth, Salary, and Earnings
Holger Rune's net worth is reported to be around $5 million as of 2023, with an estimated annual salary of over $1 million. He has earned a significant amount of prize money, totaling $4,127,201. Holger has secured sponsorships from renowned brands such as Nike, Inc. and Babolat, a French sports equipment company specializing in tennis, badminton, and padel. With his composed and affable personality, he is projected to gain more popularity in the coming years and further success in his career. Tennis remains his primary source of income, and he expresses contentment and fulfillment in his chosen profession.
Holger Rune Measurements: Height, Weight & Size
Holger Rune has undeniably achieved considerable success in his career. He stands at an impressive height of 6 feet 2 inches or 188 cm and maintains an athletic build with a weight of 77 kg or 170 lbs. He has blonde hair and captivating blue eyes. Some of his distinctive features include a toned physique, his signature backward-worn cap while playing, and a clean-shaven look.
Trivias About Holger Rune You Need To Know.
- He started playing tennis at the age of six.
- He won the 2021 ATP Challenger title in Biella, Italy.
- One of his inspirations for tennis is superstar Roger Federer.
- He was ranked number 145 in the world as of August 2021.
- He became a professional tennis player in 2020 at the age of 16.