Holly Holm - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Family, Personal Life, Age, Nationality, Record, Height, Weight, Career, Facts, Wiki, UFC Fight, Awards
Holly Holm is an American mixed martial artist and a former kickboxer and a boxer who is also ranked as one of the best female professional boxers of all time. Holm got much recognition for being the multiple-time world champion in boxing winning over eighteen world championships in three different weight classes.
She is also the former UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion and a two-time Ring magazine fighter of the year. Holm is currently the first and the only fighter to hold a world boxing title and a UFC title.
Not only she is popular in the sports world but also has established herself as a public figure garnering over 2.1 million followers on her Instagram: @hollyholm and over 366k followers on Twitter: @HollyHolm.
What is Holly Holm Famous for?
- Famous as the 18 times world champion boxer and MMA player.
- Known as the first and the only fighter to hold a world boxing title and a UFC title.
Where was Holly Holm Born?
Holly Holm was born on October 17, 1981, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States. Her birth name is Holly Rene Holm. Her nationality is American. Holm belongs to White ethnicity and if of Irish descent while Libra is her zodiac sign.
Holly Holm was born as the youngest of three children of her parents: Roger Holm(father) and Tammy Holm(mother). Her father, Roger, is a Church of Christ preacher while her mother, Tammy, is a massage therapist. For his father being a preacher, she got the nickname of "The Preacher's Daughter".
Holly grew up along with her two elder brothers: Brian and Weston Holm near Bosque Farms. Her parents however divorced in 2000 when Holly was 19 years old. She is close to her family as her father always attends her fights, and even assisted for years in her corner during her boxing matches.
Holly had an interest in sports since her childhood that she played soccer and even participated in gymnastics, swimming, and diving. She attended Manzano High School from where she got graduated in 2000, after which she joined the University of New Mexico where she studied just for a year.
She began to walk on the path to the world of boxing and kickboxing when she got into aerobic classes at age of 16. Her first-ever win was the title of the International Rules Adult Women's Welterweight Division at the IKF USA National Amateur Championship Tournament in 2001.
Holly Holm's Career Highlights
- Holly Holm began her professional career making her boxing debut on January 25, 2002, with a fight against Martha Deitchman, which she won through a technical knockout.
- She made her debut in kickboxing just 5 months later. Her boxing records include a total of 33 wins with only 2 losses and 3 draws.
- She won both the WBF Female World Light Welterweight and the World Welterweight Titles in her boxing career. Holm is also an 18-time world champion across three world classes.
- Holm made her mixed martial arts debut on March 4, 2011, against Christina Domke.
- On February 28, 2013, Holm made her Bellator MMA debut against Katie Merrill at Bellator 91 which she won via TKO.
- Holm announced of getting retired from boxing after her May 11, 2013, boxing match against Mary McGee.
- On July 19, 2013, Holm entered the Legacy Fighting Championship against Allanna Jones which she won as well.
- Holm signed a multi-fight deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship(UFC) in July 2014.
- Her breakthrough performance came when she went against Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey on November 14, 2015, defeating her and winning her three-year reign title.
- With the win, she became the first person to win championships in both boxing and MMA.
- Holm next faced Germaine de Randamie for the Women’s Featherweight Championship, which she lost on February 11, 2017.
- She got her second Performance of the Night award following her win against Bethe Correia at UFC Fight Night: Holm vs. Correia on June 17, 2017.
- On March 20, 2019, Holm signed a renewed six-fight contract with the UFC.
- Her first fight after the contract was with Amanda Nunes for the Women's bantamweight championship on July 6, 2019. She lost the match.
- On January 18, 2020, she went against Raquel Pennington at UFC 246 which she won.
- On August 1, 2020, she was scheduled to face Irene Aldana, which later was rescheduled on October 4, 2020, at UFC on ESPN: Holm vs. Aldana which she won via unanimous decision.
- Besides, Holm has appeared in the 2016 feature film, "Fight Valley" alongside Miesha Tate and Cris Cyborg.
Titles and Achievements
- UFC Bantamweight Champion
- GBU World Welterweight Championship
- WIBA World Light Welterweight Championship
- IBA Female World Welterweight Championship(three times)
- Legacy FC Women's Bantamweight Championship
- Inducted into the New Mexico Boxing Hall of Fame in 2013
- Named New Mexico Boxing Fighter of the Year six consecutive times from 2005 to 2010.
Holly Holm's Boyfriend
Holly Holm got married once to date. Her first marriage was with her high-school sweetheart, Jeff Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick is also an American businessman whom she met while they were both in college. They got married on April 27, 2012, after dating for several years.
Their marriage however lasted just for 7 years as in January 2019, it was revealed that the couple had separated in March 2018. Holm filed for a divorce and sought to get her maiden name back following her divorce. They never shared a child together.
Holly Holm's Net Worth
Holly Holm has quite good earings from her professional career as an MMA player and also as a boxer. Having her career started since the year of 2002 as a boxer, Holm hasn't stepped back from reaching the dream and goal that she has set.
With her undefeated passion towards her dream, Holm has managed to amass a healthy fortune from her several fights and matches, which is estimated to be around $4 million.
She got her first-ever amount worth $50k per fight gradually increasing up to the amount of $250k for her massive win against Ronda Rousey. With her million worth fortune, Holm has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
Holly Holm's Height
Holly Holm is a beautiful lady with a well maintained athletic body physique. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73m) while her body weighs around 61kg(135 lbs).
She has a well-maintained athletic body physique of measurement 36-27-35 inches with 34 B as her bra size, 8(US) as her shoe size and 8(US) as her dress size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and green eyes.
Also regarded as a "natural mover", Holm uses a variety of kicking techniques: targeting the body with a fast sidekick, pushing back a rush with a low oblique kick, and attacking the head with a left high kick.
Trivias About Holly Holm You Need To Know.
- Holm is followed by the legendary footballer Cristiano Ronaldo on Instagram
- Her victory over Rousey made her the first person to win a boxing and MMA championship.