Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 05:08 pm
Facts About Ian Somerhalder
|Celebrated Name||Ian Somerhalder|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Ian Joseph Somerhalder|
|Place Of Birth||Covington, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Famous For||Actor, Model, Activist, Director|
|Education||St. Paul’s School|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Chest Size||37 inches|
|Waist Size||29 inches|
|Bicep Size||14 inches|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Daughter||Bodhi Soleil Reed Somerhalder|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Ian Somerhalder is an American actor, director, and model who is best known for his role as Damon Salvatore in the critically acclaimed teen supernatural series The Vampire Diaries. Presently, The prominent actor has enjoyed worldwide fandom due to the series. Let's explore more about the actor and his played TV series and his affairs nearly through this article.
What is Ian Somerhalder famous for?
- An American actor, model, activist, and director.
- Playing as Boone Carlyle in the TV drama Lost, Damon Salvatore in The CW's supernatural drama The Vampire Diaries and Dr. Luther Swann in Netflix's sci-fi horror series V Wars.
Where are Ian Somerhalder's lives?
Recalling his early life, Ian was born in Covington, Louisiana, the USA. His nationality is American and ethnicity is (French, English, and Scots-Irish). His birth name is Ian Joseph Somerhalder. He is born to Edna and Robert Somerhalder. His mother is a massage therapist and his father is an independent building contractor. He has three siblings with one elder brother and a younger sister.
Where is Ian Somerhalder go for education?
Concerning his education history, Ian studied at St. Paul’s School in Covington, a public school. He then went to New York every summer for modeling. He grew up Boating, swimming, fishing and training horses filled much of his recreational time. Further, Having a charming face gave him a break in modeling career at the age of 10.
When did Ian Somerhalder pursue his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Ian started his career as an actor from the age of 17. He was starred in the short-lived WB series Young Americans in 2000 as Hamilton Fleming.
- He acted in The Rules of Attraction based on a novel as Paul Denton, a Bisexual character. He also acted in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Tony Del Nagro in 2002.
- His breakthrough role was in the TV show Lost as Boone Carlyle. He did the role from 2005-2010 till the series finale. He was the character who died in the series.
- In 2003, he portrayed the role of Ricky Murdoch in television series CSI: Miami. Ian also did a short movie in 2004, The Old Man and the Studio as Matt. Ian was also cast in television series Fearless and in 6 episodes of Smallville as Adam Knight.
- His other role was in National Lampoon’s TV: The Movie, the role was unconfirmed and he was not credited with the role. He also worked as Dexter McCarthy in the film Pulse in 2006. The same year he played the role of Drifter in the film The Sensation of Sight.
- In 2007, His role in television film Marco Polo was very much praised. The same year he did the role of Nick in 6 episodes of Tell Me You Love Me. He also worked in the television series Lost City Raiders as Jack Kubiak and in the film The Lost Samaritan in 2008.
- In 2009, He did two films Wake as Tyler and The Tournament as Miles Slade including a television film role in Fireball as Lee Cooper which was very praised by the viewers. His other movie role includes Officer Lewis in Caught on Tape, Agent Black in Time Framed and Harkin Langham in The Anomaly.
- Besides this, his television role in the series The Vampire Diaries as the main cast Damon Salvatore was a huge breakthrough for his career. The series started in 2009 and is running successfully till now with great success giving a huge fan following. Ian also directed three episodes of the series which include The Downward Spiral, Days of Future Past and We Have History Together.
- In October 2012, He was cast in the film Time Framed, which had begun filming in Los Angeles. In April 2018, He was cast in the role of Dr. Luther Swann as a series regular in the Netflix science fiction-horror series V Wars. The series premiered on Netflix on December 5th, 2019.
Who is Ian Somerhalder married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Ian is a very romantic person being in a relationship with many celebs. In 2002, he was in a relationship with an American actress Kate Bosworth. After 2 years of relationship, he split and later dated Nicky Hilton Rothschild in 2004.
In 2006, he was in a relationship with an American actress Maggie Grace. After a year of a romantic relationship with Maggie, he quitted and started his relationship with Megan Auld. Their relationship lasted for 3 years before the couple separated. The same year, he started dating Nina Dobrev. The relationship was for 3 years and he again shifted his from Nina to Malese Jow in 2013. The relationship was very romantic but was short term.
Later, Ian found the love of his life, Nikki Reed, an American actress. The couple shared a very romantic relationship and later got engaged in February 2015 and married on April 26th, 2015 in Malibu, California. The couple is happily married and has a beautiful daughter, Bodhi Soleil Reed Somerhalder together as well. His wife, Nikki gave birth to her on 25th July 2017.
What is Ian Somerhalder's net worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry since 1997, Ian earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession as an actress and model. Based on online reports, his estimated net worth said to be around $8 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Ian Somerhalder?
Observing his body statistics, Ian stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 156 lbs. He has a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair color. Similarly, he used 9 (US) shoe size. Further, his chest, waist, and biceps sizes are 37-29-14 inches respectively.
Trivias About Ian Somerhalder You Need To Know.
- Began modeling at age 10, modeled for Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabanna, Gucci, Versace and Guess.
- He enjoys reading, music, yoga and traveling.
- Was heavily considered for the role of Christian Grey in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' (2015), but dropped out of the running since filming would have conflicted with that of 'The Vampire Diaries'.