Last updated on August 25th, 2023 at 03:31 am
Facts About Ian Williams
|33 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Altamonte Springs, Florida
|Lyman High School
|University of Notre Dame
|6 feet 1 inch
|$3 Million (Annually)
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter
Ian Williams is a former American football nose tackle of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Notre Dame. Let's know more about his personal details, career, contracts, injuries, and many more through this article.
How old is Ian Williams?
Recalling his early life, Ian Williams was born in Altamonte Springs, Florida, in the USA in the year of 1989. Currently, he aged 30 years old. He is of American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. His mother's name is Natalie Williams. Information regarding his father and siblings is yet to be revealed.
Regarding his education, he attended Lyman High School where he plays his junior years of football. Later, he got a scholarship offers from Notre Dame as well as most of the top southern programs in the country. He joined the University of Notre Dame and continued his playing.
When did Ian Williams begin to start playing football?
- Moving towards his playing career, Williams began playing from his school days. In his junior year, Ian was responsible for 83 tackles, 23 tackles for loss (TFL), 12 hurries, 4 forced fumbles, 2 sacks, 4 fumble recoveries and 4 passes broken up.
- He continued his dominance from the defensive tackle position in 2006, recording over 40 tackles, 18 TFL, and 12 sacks. He was recognized as the 120th rated prep player nationally on ESPN 150's listing and 30th on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel list of top 50 Florida prospects.
- He played in all 12 games his freshman year, starting two. He totaled 45 tackles, 19 solo stops, 1.5 TFL on the year and was named a Freshman All-American. His 45 tackles were the third most for any freshman defensive lineman in Notre Dame history. He ranked sixth on the team in tackles and was the only player ranked in the top 12 in tackles on the team who did not start at least four games.
- He appeared in all 13 games for the Irish, making 7 starts. He had 40 total tackles including 2 TFL, in addition to a pass break up. He anchored the defense against Pittsburgh amassing 6 tackles and 2 TFL. He recorded 7 tackles against Navy, 8 against Syracuse, and 3 tackles and a pass break up against the USC Trojans.
- He thrived in a return to his natural position at nose tackle, anchoring the middle of the Irish defensive front and recording 37 tackles, 2 sacks and an interception in 7.5 games. He suffered an MCL sprain against the Navy on October 23, 2010. The injury did not require surgery, but it did force Williams to miss the last four games of his senior season.
- Before the injury, he was one of only two players to appear in every game of his four-year Notre Dame career. He returned to practice in early December healthy enough to play for Notre Dame in the Hyundai Sun Bowl against the University of Miami Hurricanes on December 31, 2010.
- He was signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 NFL Draft on July 25th, 2011. On March 11th, 2013, he signed a two-year contract extension with the 49ers. In the same year of September, He broke his left ankle in a game against the Seattle Seahawks and was subsequently placed on injured reserve, effectively ending his season. After two years, He was named a defensive team captain by head coach Jim Tomsula.
- He originally signed a five-year $27.5 million contract with the 49ers on March 09th, 2016. However, on March 21st, 2016, the deal was reduced to one–year, $3 million after he failed his physical following ankle surgery.
Is Ian Williams married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Williams's current marital status is in mystery. He did not share his relationship and affairs with social media yet. That's means, he likes to make his profile low as an ordinary man. But as per Instagram post, he has two kids. At present, we have no much information regarding his personal life, In the case we update, we will let you know.
What is Ian Williams's net worth?
As a footballer, Williams earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. Based on online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $27.5 million and his annual salary somewhere around $3 million.
How tall is Ian Williams?
Observing his body statistics, Williams stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 305 lbs . He has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.