Ianis Hagi - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Parents, Height, Salary
Ianis Hagi is a Romanian football player who currently plays for Rangers in the Scottish Premiership and also represents the Romania national team. Hagi made his professional debut at the age of 16 for Viitorul Constanța and later joined Fiorentina in 2016. He returned to Viitorul a year and a half later and helped them win the Cupa României before moving to Genk in Belgium. In January 2020, Hagi joined Rangers on loan, which was later made permanent, and helped them win the league title in the following season. His playing position is attacking midfielder and his shirt number is 7 for his current team. Hagi is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend, Elena Tanase.
Hagi made his international debut for Romania in November 2018 in a UEFA Nations League match against Lithuania. He also represented the under-21 team at the European Championship the following year, where he scored two goals but was unable to lead the team past the semi-finals.
Where is Ianis Hagi from?
Ianis Hagi was born on 22 October 1998. He is from Istanbul, Turkey. As of 2022, he is 24 years old. He holds Turkish nationality and has a mixed ethnicity as his father is of Aromanian descent. Hagi's parents are Gheorghe Hagi and Marilena Hagi, who met in 1993 while his father was playing for Brescia and his mother was a second-year college student. He also has an older sister named Kira who is an actress by profession.
Ianis Hagi Football Career
- Ianis Hagi started his football career at the Gheorghe Hagi football academy in 2009. He made his debut for Viitorul Constanța at the age of 16 on 5 December 2014, coming on as a substitute in a 1-2 home defeat against FC Botoșani. He scored his first senior goal in May 2015, contributing to a 4-4 draw against the same opponent, and gained team captaincy in June. In October of the same year, The Guardian named him one of the 50 best young footballers in the world born in 1998.
- Hagi transferred to Fiorentina for €2 million on 10 July 2016. He made his league debut on 23 October a 5–3 away triumph over Cagliari. He was later nominated for the European Golden Boy award in April 2017.
Return to Viitorul Constanța
- After being transferred back to Viitorul Constanța on 18 January 2018 for €2 million, Hagi scored 20 goals in 53 matches across all competitions. He won his first career trophy on 25 May 2019, when Viitorul beat Astra Giurgiu 2-1 in the Cupa României final.
- On 12 July 2019, Ianis signed a five-year contract with Belgian champions Genk for a reported transfer fee of €4 million to €10 million, depending on the sources. The transfer fee was rumored to include performance bonuses, and Viitorul, Hagi's former club, retained an interest in the capital gain of any future transfer.
- He then made an impressive start to his Genk career, scoring the winning goal in his debut against Kortrijk in the Belgian First Division A. He went on to score two more goals in September 2019, both from the penalty spot and also provided an assist in a 3-3 draw against Sint-Truiden. Hagi played in five of Genk's group-stage matches in the UEFA Champions League, although the club finished fourth in the group behind Liverpool, Napoli, and Red Bull Salzburg.
- Ianis Hagi joined Scottish Premiership club Rangers on a six-month loan with an option to buy on 31st January 2020. His first appearance for the club came as a substitute in a goalless draw with Aberdeen. He scored his first goal for the club in a 2-1 victory over Hibernian, and two weeks later, he scored twice against Braga in the UEFA Europa League. Hagi's impressive performances convinced Rangers to sign him permanently from Genk in May 2020.
- In the 2020-21 season, he played a key role in Rangers' Scottish Premiership title win, and he also won the Scottish Premiership Playmaker of the Season award for the most assists. He was also named Rangers' Young Player of the Year in May 2021. In the following season, Hagi scored a crucial goal in Rangers' run to the 2022 UEFA Europa League Final, coming off the bench to equalize in a 1-1 draw against Brøndby IF.
- However, Hagi's season was cut short when he suffered a severe knee injury in a cup game against Stirling Albion in January 2022. He underwent surgery and was ruled out for the rest of the season. Hagi made his return to the team on 28th January the following year as a substitute in a 2-0 victory over St Johnstone. Despite his injury setback, Hagi remains an important player for Rangers, and his performances have contributed significantly to the club's recent success.
Ianis Hagi International Career
- Ianis Hagi is a professional footballer who has represented Romania at various levels in international football. He has played for the Romanian under-15, under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19, and under-21 teams. In 2018, Hagi scored a direct corner kick in a match against Bosnia and Herzegovina under-21 team, which helped Romania to a 2-0 victory. Later that year, he made his senior debut for Romania in a match against Lithuania in the UEFA Nations League. He came on as a substitute in the 68th minute for Claudiu Keșerü, and his performance caught the attention of fans and experts.
- Hagi was also part of the Romanian team that qualified for the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 2019. He started in all three group matches of the tournament in Italy and scored against Croatia and England to help his team progress to the semi-finals. Although they eventually lost to defending champions Germany, Hagi's performances were highly praised, and he gained valuable experience.
- In March 2021, he scored his first senior international goal for Romania. He came on as a substitute in a 3-2 victory over North Macedonia in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification. His goal helped Romania secure an important victory and demonstrated his ability to perform at the highest level of international football.
Ianis Hagi Awards, Honours, and Achievements
- Cupa României: 2018–19
- Belgian Super Cup: 2019
- Scottish Premiership: 2020–21
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2021–22
- Liga I Team of the Season: 2017–18, 2018–19
- Rangers Young Player of the Year: 2020–21
How much is Ianis Hagi's net worth?
Ianis Hagi, who plays as an attacking midfielder for Rangers, earns a weekly salary of £21,000 and an annual salary of £1,092,000. His current contract with the club is set to expire on May 31, 2024. Hagi's net worth as of 2023 is estimated to be around £5 million, and he has been sponsored by Nike apparel since the early stages of his career. The majority of his wealth comes from his successful football career, and he appears to be content with his earnings. As of March 2023, his current market value is estimated to be €5 million.
Hagi has been a valuable asset to the Rangers team since joining them on loan in January 2020, and his performances helped the club win the league the following season. With his contract set to expire in 2024, it remains to be seen if he will remain at the club beyond that point. Nevertheless, his market value suggests that he is a highly sought-after player, and it will be interesting to see where his career takes him in the future.
Who is Ianis Hagi's girlfriend?
Ianis Hagi is currently in a committed relationship with his girlfriend, Elena Tanase. Although it's not clear when and how they met, the couple is said to be deeply in love and have a strong bond. They look great together and are often seen in public, enjoying each other's company. Elena is 22 years old, and the two have been together for a considerable amount of time.
However, in 2021, Elena made headlines after allegedly causing a four-car pile-up on the M8 in Glasgow while driving Ianis Hagi's luxury Porsche uninsured. The incident left a 19-year-old woman requiring hospital treatment for her injuries. The news quickly spread, and the case gained significant attention. However, the case is now closed, and the couple is continuing their relationship with no further incidents.
How tall is Ianis Hagi?
Ianis Hagi is a well-built athlete with a height of 1.82 m and a weight of 72 kg. He has a charming personality and a healthy body type that is athletic. His dark brown hair and brown eyes add to his attractive appearance. Hagi maintains his physique by doing frequent exercise and leading a healthy lifestyle. On the field, Hagi is known for his vision, technique, and eye for goal. He has the ability to create chances for his teammates as well as score goals himself, making him a versatile attacking midfielder. His skill set and tactical awareness have made him a valuable player for both his club and country, and he continues to impress fans and critics alike with his performances on the pitch.
Trivias About Ianis Hagi You Need To Know.
- In 2019, he provided the Romanian dubbing for Victor Frankenstein in the Disney animation movie Frankenweenie.
- His real name is Ianis Hagi, but his friends usually call him Ianis.
- Hagi made his professional debut at the age of 16 for Viitorul Constança after training himself at his father’s Gheorghe academy.
- Hagi has an elder sister, Kira, who is an actress.
- Hagi has been sponsored by Nike apparel since his early career.