Ice-T - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Married, Children, Family, Nationality, Real Name, Parents, Salary, Albums, Height, Ethnicity, Facts, Wiki, Career
Tracy Lauren Marrow is an American rapper, actor, songwriter, and producer who is excellently known as Ice-T. He is an iconic rapper and founder of the heavy metal band Body Count, which released the controversial track "Cop Killer" in 1992. Despite the anti-police message of his most infamous song, he went on to portray a police officer on the long-running NBC drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". He has appeared in such films as "Surviving the Game" and "Judgment Day". Ice-T first appeared in the dramedy film "Breakin'" in 1984 for his role as Rap Talker. His 1987 debut album, "Rhyme Pays", was the first hip-hop album to have an explicit content sticker featured on it. Moreover, Ice-T performed at New Year's Eve Toast & Roast 2021, Fox broadcast.
Ice-T's Daughter Chanel Looks Just Like Dad in Sweet New Photo
Coco Austin took to Instagram on 18th July to share a few pictures of herself sporting shredded leggings at Rock Fest in Wisconsin, where her husband Ice-T performed with his heavy metal band Body Count. The last photo in the series showed her holding their 5-year-old daughter Chanel, and fans couldn't get over the resemblance between the little one and her dad. At one point, the young star walked out onto the stage, where she danced to the music. Ice-T wrote on Instagram, "Somebody's growing up on the stage with Daddy..."
- Being an American rapper, actor, songwriter, and producer.
- For being an iconic rapper and founder of the heavy metal band Body Count.
What is the Real Name of Ice-T?
Ice-T was born on 16th February 1958 with the real name of Tracy Lauren Marrow in Newark, New Jersey, U.S. He is American by nationality and mixed by ethnicity as he is of Creole descent on his mother's side, whereas, has African-American ancestry on his father's side. He is Agnostic and his race is white. His present age is 63 which he recently celebrated in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aquarius. Marrow is the son of Solomon Marrow (father) and Alice Marrow (mother). Solomon worked as a conveyor belt mechanic at the Rapistan Conveyor Company. His mother died of a heart attack when he was in third grade and Solomon raised Marrow as a single father for four years, with help from a housekeeper. Following his father's death, the orphaned Marrow briefly lived with a nearby aunt.
Talking about Ice-T's education, he attended Palms Junior High, which was predominantly made up of white students, and included black students who traveled by bus from South Central to attend. He then attended Crenshaw High School, which was almost entirely made up of black students.
What does Ice-T do for a living?
- Ice-T kicks off his music career with the band of the singing group The Precious Few of Crenshaw High School after which he became interested in hip hop music during his spell in the Army.
- Then he met producer Willie Strong from Saturn Records in 1982 who recorded his first single, "Cold Wind Madness" in 1983 which became an underground success.
- In the following year of 1983, he released "Body Rock" and released the single "Killers" in 1984 which was the first of his political raps.
- He recorded the songs "Ya Don't Quit" and "Dog'n the Wax" with Unknown DJ, who provided a Run-D.M.C.-like sound for the songs.
- Later he wrote the lyrics to his first gangsta rap song, "6 in the Mornin'" whereas the single was launched in 1986, and he learned that "6 in the Mornin'" was more popular in clubs than its A-side.
- Ice-T released his debut album "Rhyme Pays" in 1987 as well as recorded the title theme song for "Dennis Hopper's Colors" in the same year.
- He then launched his next album "Power" in 1988 whereas "The Iceberg/Freedom of Speech... Just Watch What You Say!" which was released in 1989 established his popularity by matching excellent abrasive music with narrative and commentating lyrics.
- Similarly, he has launched numerous albums such as "O.G. Original Gangster" (1991), "Body Count" (1992), "Home Invasion", "VI - Return of the Real", and many others.
- He released his first rap album, "Gangsta Rap" on 31st October 2006.
- As well, Ice-T appears in the film "Gift" whereas his 2012 film "Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap" features a who's who of underground and mainstream rappers.
- He has also collaborated with other hard rock and metal bands, such as Icepick, Motorhead, Slayer, Pro-Pain, and Six Feet Under.
- A new Body Count album, "Bloodlust", was released in 2017 as well as his first solo hip hop track in 10 years, titled "Feds In My Rearview" was launched in July 2019.
- He was also featured on the 2020 hip hop posse cut "The Slayers Club" alongside R.A. the Rugged Man, Brand Nubian, and others.
- He performed at New Year's Eve Toast & Roast 2021, Fox broadcast.
- Ice-T was seen as both a rapper and a breakdancer in "Breakin' 'n' 'Enterin'" (1983) whereas his first film appearances were in the motion pictures, "Breakin'" (1984), and its sequel, "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo" (1984).
- He then appeared as police detective Scotty Appleton in Mario Van Peebles' action thriller "New Jack City" in 1991 and also starred in "Ricochet" (1991), "Trespass" (1992), "Tank Girl" (1995), "Johnny Mnemonic" (1995).
- He starred in the comedy "Who's the Man?" in 1993 as well as appeared as vengeful drug dealer Danny Cort on the television series "New York Undercover" in 1995.
- Also, he co-created the short-lived series "Players" in 1997, and also he had a pay-per-view special titled "Ice-T's Extreme Babes" which appeared on Action PPV in the following year.
- He also co-presented a UK-produced magazine television series on black culture, "Baadasss TV" in around 1995.
- Ice-T starred in the HBO movie "Stealth Fighter" as a United States Naval Aviator who fakes his own death in 1999.
- He competed on "The Masked Singer" spin-off "The Masked Dancer" in 2020 where he portrayed "Disco Ball" and was the first to be eliminated.
- Furthermore, his voice acting roles include Madd Dogg in the video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas", as well as Agent Cain in "Sanity: Aiken's Artifact". He also appears as himself in "Def Jam: Fight for NY" and "UFC: Tapout" fighting video games. He also voiced the character, Aaron Griffin, in the video game "Gears of War 3".
- As well, he made an appearance in the 2019 video game "Borderlands 3", in which he voices the character of BALEX.
- Additionally, Ice-T announced on 27th December 2013 that he was entering podcasting in a deal with the Paragon Collective whereas he also co-hosts the "Ice-T: Final Level" podcast.
Awards and Achievements
- Grammy Awards for his work in "Back on the Block" and in "Bum-Rush"
- Image Awards for his work in "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and "New York Undercover"
Who is Ice-T Wife?
Ice-T is a married guy. He tied a knot with swimsuit model Nicole "Coco" Austin in January 2002 with whom he has given birth to a daughter Chanel in 2015. In celebration of their impending ninth wedding anniversary, the couple renewed their wedding vows on 4th June 2011. Their relationship is outstanding till now and hopes it will remain as same as in the future too. Concerning Ice-T's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Furthermore, Marrow's high school girlfriend Adrienne gave birth to their daughter LeTesha Marrow on 20th March 1976, and they continued attending high school while raising her. Then he met his second girlfriend Darlene Ortiz in 1984 with whom he was blessed with a son, Ice Tracy Marrow Jr., on 23rd November 1991.
How much is the Net Worth of Ice-T?
Ice-T has a net worth of $60 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a fine amount of salary which is around $250,000 per episode. As of 2006, Ice-T and Nicole owned a penthouse apartment in North Bergen, New Jersey. In 2012, they were building a five-bedroom house in Edgewater, New Jersey, that was expected to be completed by the end of the year. In addition, his major source of income is from his rapper, actor, songwriter, and producer career. He has also done endorsement work for several brands such as GEICO Insurance, Boost Mobile, Target department stores, Coors Light Silver Bullet beers, and many others.
How tall is Ice-T?
Ice-T is 5 ft 11 in or 180 cm tall and his body weighs around 91 kg or 201 lbs. He has black hair and dark brown eyes color. His dimpled smile and french cut beard attracted a lot of people towards him. He is average by body build.
Trivias About Ice-T You Need To Know.
- Ice-T was enlisted in the US army for 4 years.
- After returning from the army, he started working as a jewel thief and street pimp.
- He made a major breakthrough in his rapping career in 1985 by winning an open mic competition, judged by the rapper and record producer, Kurtis Blow.
- He was raised by his father and his father's housekeeper after the death of his mother.
- His 1987 debut album, "Rhyme Pays", was the first hip-hop album to have an explicit content sticker featured on it.