Ilona Carson - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Size, Education, Career, Leaving ABC13, Kids
Ilona Carson is an American news anchor and reporter who is well known for her work as a late afternoon anchor for ABC owned-and-operated station, "KTRK"(channel 13) in Houston. She anchored Eyewitness at 4 pm and Eyewitness News at 6:30 pm on weekdays for channel 13. However, after working for 16 long years at KTRK, Carson now has announced leaving the show in June 2021. She took the hard decision to look after her children now.
Carson has traveled worldwide to cover several headlines for the show and even has received a National Headliner award, a Lone Star Emmy award, and a Gracie award. She even won an Emmy award for reporting in China. Before her work at KTRK, Carson worked as an anchor for Fox-owned KSAZ in Phoenix, Arizona. Back in 2006, she made a brief cameo on the U.S. soap opera, "All My Children".
Besides, she has a verified social media account with over 10k followers on Twitter: @IlonaOnTV.
What is Ilona Carson famous for?
- Famous as an anchor and reporter.
- Known for her work at KTRK"Channel 13".
Where is Ilona Carson From?
Ilona Carson was born on April 30, 1974, in Houston, Texas, United States. Her birth name is Ilona Carson. Her nationality is American. Carson belongs to the White ethnicity while Taurus is her zodiac sign.
Born in Houston, Carson was raised traveling to different places including Washington, New Mexico, and Australia. Her parents were always supportive of her works and passion since her childhood. She attended Moriarty High School following which she went on to attend the University of Pennsylvania from where she got graduated earning a Bachelor’s degree in Communications.
Ilona Carson's Career Highlights
- Ilona Carson started her career initially as an intern at NBC’s show Nightly News working with Tom Brokaw.
- She worked in the regional market trying to make difference in her community rather than working for big networks initially.
- She later worked at KAMR in Amarillo & Fox-owned KSAZ in Phoenix.
- After then she went on to work at ABC owned-and-operated station, "KTRK"(channel 13) in Houston.
- She hosted Eyewitness at 4 pm and Eyewitness News at 6:30 pm on weekdays for channel 13.
- In June 2021, she stepped down from her job as an anchor at KTRK after spending 16 long years.
- On Feb 9, 2006, she made her brief cameo on the soap opera, "All My Children".
Ilona Carson's Husband
Ilona Carson is a married woman and has been married to her only husband, Jim Colasanto. Jim is an American Vice President and General Sales Manager who works at AT&T SportsNet Southwest in Houston, Texas. The couple has been married for years and even are the proud parents of their three children; two sons named James and Pierce and a daughter named Georgina Eleanor.
Carson often shares pictures of her family on her social media accounts. The couple seems to have a healthy lifestyle alongside their children. She is an advocate as well as an avid animal lover.
Ilona Carson's Net Worth
Ilona Carson has quite good earnings from her professional career as an anchor and reporter. Having her career started initially as an intern at NBC show, Carson has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular anchors and journalists in her decade-long career run.
Her net worth is estimated to be around $350k with her salary being around $70k.
Ilona Carson's Height
Ilona Carson is a beautiful lady with a well-maintained body physique in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch. while her body weighs around 58kg. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Ilona Carson You Need To Know.
- She has over 10k followers on Twitter: @IlonaOnTV.
- She has three children.