Facts About Iman Shumpert
|Celebrated Name||Iman Shumpert|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Iman Shumpert|
|Birth Name||Iman Asante Shumpert|
|Place Of Birth||Oak Park, Illinois|
|Siblings||Kasani Shumpert, Odis Jr. Shumpert, Ahrii Shumpert|
|School||Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School|
|High School||River Forest High School|
|University||Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Children||2; Iman Tayla Shumpert Jr. and Rue Rose Shumpert|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Basketball Career|
|Salary||$803,044 Annually Salary|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches|
|Current Club||Free Agent|
Iman Shumpert is an American professional basketball player whose playing position is shooting guard. Currently, he is a free agent. He was selected by the New York Knicks with the 17th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft. With the Cleveland Cavaliers, he won an NBA championship in 2016. On 30th January 2021, he signed a deal to return to Brooklyn and played only one game before he was waived. He then signed a 10-day contract with the Nets on 26th February 2021. He has also played for Sacramento Kings (2018-2019) and Houston Rockets (2019). He won Season 30 of Dancing with the Stars in 2021 partnering with Daniella Karagach making him the very first NBA player to make the finale and win it. Back in 2012, he released the song "Knicks Anthem" and the mixtape Th3 #Post90s. In 2013, he released the song "Dear Kendrick" in response to Kendrick Lamar's verse in the song "Control" by Big Sean.
What is Iman Shumpert Famous For?
- Being a professional basketballer.
- For winning Season 30 of Dancing with the Stars in 2021 partnering with Daniella Karagach.
- Being the only rookie to receive votes for the Defensive Player of the Year award in 2012.
Who are Iman Shumpert Parents? Details About His Family, Ethnicity, and Education
Iman Shumpert was born with the birth name of Iman Asante Shumpert on 26th June 1990. He is from Oak Park, Illinois, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-African. His present age is 31 as of 2021. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. About his parents, he was born to his father, Odis Shumpert, and his mother, L'Tanya Shumpert. By occupation, his dad is an insurance broker and his mom is a professor of art and design at Columbia College in Chicago, Illinois. He also has three siblings namely, Kasani Shumpert, Odis Jr. Shumpert, Ahrii Shumpert with whom he grew up and spent his childhood.
Talking about Iman's education history, he attended Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School in Oak Park, Illinois. He had later studied at the Oak Park and River Forest High School, a public school in Oak Park, Illinois. There, he was a first-team all-state player and was one of the nation's top 30 seniors. He helped Oak Park and River Forest to three conference titles and was named conference MVP as a junior and senior. He was rated No. 15 among the nation's senior players by Scout.com and No. 26 by Rivals.com. Furthermore, he was selected to play in the 2008 McDonald's All-American Game and was named a third-team Parade All-America. After his graduation in the year 2008, he joined the Georgia Institute of Technology a public research university, and institute of technology in Atlanta, Georgia as a freshman. He was the team's fourth-leading scorer for the season, averaging 10.5 points per game and hitting 34.5 percent of his three-point attempts. He underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a damaged meniscus in his right knee on 3rd December due to which he missed six games and finished the season as the team's third-leading scorer with 10.0 points per game. During his 2010-2011 season, he led his team in scoring (17.3 ppg), rebounding, and assists, becoming only the seventh player in ACC history to do so. He also holds the Georgia Tech record for steals per game. He then declared for the NBA draft on 28th March 2011.
Iman Shumpert Career Timeline
- Iman Shumpert was drafted as the 17th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft by the New York Knicks.
- After his few games with the team, his teammate Jared Jeffries said "he's about as good an on-ball defender as there is in the league right now".
- In 2012, he was selected to participate in the "NBA All-Star Weekend Slam Dunk Contest" but he missed it due to a knee injury.
- After making a comeback on 28th April 2012, he suffered a knee injury in a game against Miami Heat during a first-round playoff game. An MRI later revealed that Shumpert tore the ACL and meniscus in his left knee and would miss the rest of the season.
- He then finished 5th in the 2012 NBA Rookie of the Year voting becoming the only rookie to receive votes for the Defensive Player of the Year award.
- He made his 2013 season debut on 17th January in a game against the Detroit Pistons at The O2 Arena in London where he went on to record 8 points, 3 rebounds, one assist, one steal, and one block.
- Next, he played one summer league game for the Knicks, recording 2 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists in a 72-77 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans in July 2013.
- Against Boston Celtics, he dislocated his left shoulder on 12th December 2014.
- After that, he was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers from the Knicks in a three-team trade on 5th January 2015.
- He made his debut for the Cavaliers on 23rd January 205 against Charlotte Hornets where he recorded 8 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists in the 129-90 win over the opponent.
- Then, he re-signed with the Cavaliers to a four-year, $40 million contract on 9th July 2015 and made his season debut on 11th December against the Orlando Magic, scoring 14 points off the bench in a 111-76 win.
- He recorded 12 points and a career-high 16 rebounds off the bench in a 120-103 win over the Boston Celtics on 5th March 2016.
- He scored a season-high 18 points in a 128-96 win over the Detroit Pistons on 14th March 2017.
- On 1st December, he was ruled out for six to eight weeks following surgery on his left knee and returned on 23rd January 2018 against the San Antonio Spurs.
- He was acquired by the Sacramento Kings on 8th February 2018 and made his team debut on 17th October 2018 against the Utah Jazz where he recorded five points and three rebounds in 18 minutes off the bench losing to the opponent.
- Following the loss, he scored 16 of his 26 points in the first quarter of the Kings' 131-120 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder. In addition, he scored 21 of his 23 points in the first half of the Kings' 117-113 win over the Thunder on 19th November.
- he scored 18 points and matched his career-high with six 3-pointers in a 117-116 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on 27th December 2018.
- He was acquired by the Houston Rockets in a three-team trade on 7th February 2019.
- Next, he signed with the Brooklyn Nets on 13th November 2019.
- On 12th December when Chandler's suspension expired, Iman Shumpert was waived by the Nets.
- He signed a deal to return to Brooklyn on 30th January 2021 and played one game before he was waived.
- He then signed a 10-day contract with the Nets on 26th February.
Iman Shumpert Awards and Achievements
- NBA champion (2016)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2012)
- Second-team All-ACC (2011)
- ACC All-Defensive Team (2011)
- ACC All-Freshman Team (2009)
- McDonald's All-American (2008)
- Third-team Parade All-American (2008)
Iman Shumpert Wife and Children: Who is he married to?
Iman Shumpert is a married man. He tied a knot to his long-term girlfriend, Teyana Taylor on 1st October 2016. His spouse, Teyana is a singer,-songwriter, actress, dancer, choreographer, and model by profession. Taylor met her future husband, Iman at a party but she wasn't exactly impressed with Shumpert. "I did not like him at first because when I first met him, he had just got drafted. He was young and doing a lot. I was at a party. He was drunk and had his shirt off. It was just too much going on, baby," Taylor said. "We eventually wound up becoming friends, and I actually shot him for one of my styling companies." The pair's friendship turned romantic and they got engaged in 2015 before secretly tying the knot the following year in their bathroom. "We got married in the bathroom where our baby was born [Junie], so we just wanted it for good luck before we did the big wedding," Teyana told. In December 2015, the couple was blessed with a daughter namely Iman Tayla Shumpert Jr. Yahoo noted that in 2015 Shumpert "delivered his daughter with his bare hands" after Taylor went into labor weeks earlier than expected. "On Dec 16th at 6:42 am in our bathroom Junie decided she wanted to take her first breath into this world," Taylor wrote on Instagram. "She came out as a wonderful surprise to everyone! Not knowing I was in labor until I felt her head." Their second baby, Rue Rose Shumpert, was born on 6th September 2020. Rue was born in the couple's bathroom too. In a birth announcement video post, Shumpert wrote: "Now…when we buy homes, we always find a bathroom with great energy… but not in a million years would you be able to tell me we'd deliver both of our daughters in a bathroom without the assistance of a hospital! Our newest edition entered the world in the water and came out looking around and ready to explore!". At present, the happily married couple is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, Iman had affairs with Stephanie Woods, Rosee Divine, Elle Verner.
Iman Shumpert Net Worth: How much did he make in NBA?
Iman Shumpert is a professional basketball player who has accumulated a huge amount of money from his career work. As of 2021, the net worth of Iman is roughly estimated at $30 Million. His main source of wealth is from basketball career and he is living a lavish lifestyle at present. His total career earnings from NBA is estimated to be around $49 million ($52 million after inflation adjustment). From his current team, Brooklyn Nets; he is making an annual salary of $803,044 in his 2020-2021 season. Back in 2018-2019, he made $11,011,234 as an annual salary from Houston Rockets. On 9th July 2015, he re-signed with the Cavaliers to a four-year, $40 million contract. He has endorsement deals with Nike and Adidas. Back in 2016, he has also bought a $3 Million mansion.
How tall is Iman Shumpert?
Iman Shumpert is a handsome basketball player with an athletic body type who has a tall height of 6 feet 5 inches or 195.5 cm. His balanced weight consists of 96 Kg. His hair color is black and his eyes color is black. Both of his hands and entire upper torso are covered in tattoos. He has a sports thick beard. His other body measurements detail is still to get disclosed yet. During the 2012–13 NBA season, Shumpert's high-top fade haircut attracted publicity.
Trivias About Iman Shumpert You Need To Know.
- Outside basketball, Shumpert has dabbled in rap music.
- He won the 30th season of Dancing with the Stars with professional partner Daniella Karagach.
- His birth name is Iman Asante Shumpert.
- He won an NBA championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
- During the 2009-2010 season, he underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a damaged meniscus in his right knee on December 3.