Facts About Ioan Gruffudd
|Celebrated Name||Ioan Gruffudd|
|Age||49 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Ioan Gruffudd|
|Birth Name||Ioan Gruffudd|
|Place Of Birth||Llwydcoed, Aberdare, Cynon Valley, Rhondda Cynon Taf|
|Birth Nation||South Wales|
|School||Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Aberdar located in Cwmdare, Ysgol Gymraeg Melin Gruffydd in Whitchurch, Cardiff and Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Glantaf in Llandaff|
|Wife||Alice Evans (Ex)|
|Children||Ella Betsi Janet (born: September 6, 2009) and Elsie Marigold (born: September 13, 2013)|
|Married Date||14th September 2007|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in or 181 cm or 1.81 m|
|Weight||174 lbs of 79 KG|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)|
|Links||Instagram Wikipedia Twitter|
Ioan Gruffudd is a Welsh actor who first came to public attention as Fifth Officer Harold Lowe in "Titanic" (1997), and then for his portrayal of Horatio Hornblower in the "Hornblower" series of television films (1998-2003). He also appeared in a music video alongside Claudia Schiffer for Westlife's version of "Uptown Girl." As a teenager, he had his first-ever television appearance as Dafydd in the TV series "Austin" in 1986. Ioan first appeared in the biographical movie "Wilde" (1997) playing John Gray. His other notable film projects include "Mariah Mundi and the Midas Box", "Fantastic 4", "Amazing Grace" and "King Arthur". Besides the big screen, he has worked on the small screens as well. He is well known for playing Andrew Martin in the TV series "Ringer", Dr. Henry Morgan in the drama "Forever" and John Booth in the series "Unreal". Also, Ioan is a voice actor who has lent his voice to a handful of TV shows, namely "Justice League Unlimited", "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" and "Ben 10: Alien Force". In 2020, he was seen as Peter in the film, "Ava".
What is Ioan Gruffudd Famous For?
- Being a Welsh actor.
- For her role as Fifth Officer Harold Lowe in "Titanic" (1997).
Where is Ioan Gruffudd from?
Ioan Gruffudd was born on 6th October 1973 in Aberdare, Wales. He is Welsh by nationality and Welsh-white by ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Ioan has celebrated his 48th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Libra. Born to parents; Peter Gruffudd (father) and Gillian Gruffudd (mother), Ioan has two siblings named Alun Gruffudd (younger brother) and Siwan Gruffudd (younger sister).
When it comes to Ioan's education, he went to three schools; Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Aberdar located in Cwmdare, Ysgol Gymraeg Melin Gruffydd in Whitchurch, Cardiff, and Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Glantaf in Llandaff. Gruffudd has accomplished Grade 8 level in the ABRSM (Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music) music exams.
Ioan Gruffudd Career Timeline
- Ioan Gruffudd conceived his acting career at the age of 13 in a Welsh television film, "Austin" (1986) after which he moved on to the Welsh language soap opera "Pobol y Cwm" ("People of the Valley") from 1987 to 1994.
- He was also active on stage, in-school performances, and in the 1991 Urdd Eisteddfod production of "Cwlwm" as well as he was cast in Ibsen's "Hedda Gabler" as George (Jorgen) Tesman in 1995. This performance led to his being offered the role of Jeremy Poldark in the 1996 TV remake of "Poldark".
- Then he took a role as Fifth Officer Harold Lowe in James Cameron's film "Titanic" and later landed the role of Horatio Hornblower in "Hornblower".
- Likewise, he has starred in numerous TV series and films such as Great Expectations (1999), The Forsyte Saga (2002), 102 Dalmatians (2000), Black Hawk Down (2001), King Arthur (2004), Amazing Grace, and many others.
- Later he debuted his new male lead of Dr. Andrew Earlham in ITV's new 6-part thriller miniseries, "Liar".
- Besides, he starred in the music video of Westlife's version of "Uptown Girl" (2001) and he was inducted into the "Gorsedd" "Beirdd Ynys Prydain" at the highest rank of druid in the National Eisteddfod at Meifod, mid-Wales, on 4th August 2003, with the bardic name "Ioan".
- He was featured in a promotional trailer in Welsh for BBC Wales in July 2008 as well as he was cast as forensic pathologist Dr. Daniel Harrow in the Australian TV show Harrow airing on the ABC in 2018. The series was a rating hit in Australia and overseas and was renewed for a second series in 2019 and the third series in 2020.
Who is Ioan Gruffudd Wife? His Personal Life, Affairs and Relationship
Ioan Gruffudd is a married and divorced actor. He recently confirmed a relationship with Bianca Wallace in October 2021 and currently, he resides in Los Angeles.
Previously, he married actress Alice Evans on 14th September 2007 with whom he met during the production of "102 Dalmatians", while she was being engaged to and living with Olivier Picasso (a grandson of Pablo Picasso). The duo was also blessed with two children; Ella Betsi Janet (born: 6th September 2009) and Elsie Marigold (born: 13th September 2013).
Recently in January 2021, Evans announced their separation filing a divorce in March 2021. Her daughters were "confused and sad" by the news. Furthermore, his sexual orientation is straight.
Ioan Gruffudd Net Worth: How much is his salary?
Ioan Gruffudd has an estimated net worth of $5 Million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. His major sources of wealth come from his acting career. He has appeared in numerous movies and TV shows till now. He is also receiving a considerable amount of salary from his career. He is living a luxurious lifestyle as of now.
Ioan Gruffudd Height and Weight
Ioan Gruffudd stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 11.5 in or 181 cm or 1.81 m. His balanced weight consists of 174 lbs of 79 KG. He has a pair of dark brown eyes color and his hair color is also dark brown. Furthermore, Ioan's body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Ioan Gruffudd You Need To Know.
- Ioan Gruffudd was a member of the London Church of Christ.
- He started his acting career at the age of 13 in a Welsh television film, Austin (1986).
- He knows how to play oboe. For several years, as a teen, he used to perform in the South Glamorgan Youth Orchestra.
- “Ioan” is a Welsh name, which is equal to “John.” His second name “Gruffudd” is comparable with “Griffith.”
- He is an associate member of RADA (The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art).