Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 09:13 am
Facts About Ivan Perisic
|Celebrated Name||Ivan Perisic|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Ivan Perisic|
|Birth Name||Ivan Perisic|
|Place Of Birth||Split, Croatia|
|Net Worth||$9 million|
|Current Teams||Tottenham Hotspur (#14), Croatia national football team (#4)|
|Chest Size||100 cm|
|Waist Size||83 cm|
A Croatian professional footballer who plays for Inter Milan and the Croatia national team is named as Ivan Perisic. His playing position is Winger. His shirt/jersey number is 14 for Tottenham Hotspur F.C. and 4 for Croatian National Football Team. He began his soccer career in his well-known hometown club Hajduk Split. He became of interest to many clubs at the age of 17 and was offered contracts by Anderlecht, Ajax, PSV, Trabzonspor, Hamburger SV, and Hertha BSC. However, Perišić decided to sign for the French team FC Sochaux. From 2007 until January 2009, he played for the second team of FC Sochaux. In 2009, he was sent on a loan to the Belgian First Division team Roeselare. On 26th August 2009, he penned a three-year deal with Club Brugge worth €250,000. He made a name for himself while playing for Club Brugge, where he was the Belgian Pro League top goalscorer and was named Belgian Footballer of the Year for 2011. He debuted for Borussia Dortmund on August 5, 2011, in a 3-1 success over Hamburger SV. On January 19, 2013, Perišić had his debut for VfL Wolfsburg in a match against VfB Stuttgart. Ivan first played for FC Inter Milan on September 13, 2015, in a derby match against FC Milan. On March 26, 2011, Perišić played his first match for the senior Croatian national team against Georgia. He has also represented his nation at Euro 2012, the 2014 World Cup, Euro 2016, and the 2018 World Cup, reaching the final of the latter tournament. Other than soccer matches itself, he first appeared in the TV series sports documentary Das aktuelle Sportstudio in 2012 as Himself.
Croatia 3-1 Scotland, UEFA Euro 2020: Ivan Perisic, Luka Modric, and Nikola Vlasic lead Croatia to Knockout round
During UEFA Euro 2020, Ivan Perisic played for Croatia national team against Scotland on 23rd June 2021 where Croatia won the match with a score of 3-1. He scored a goal in the 77th minute of the match. Likewise, Vlasic scored in the 17th minute and Modric scored in the 62nd minute of the match. Whereas, McGregor scored for Scotland in the 42nd minute of the match.
- Being a Croatian professional footballer.
- For winning the 2011-2012 Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal trophies with Borussia Dortmund.
Where is Ivan Perisic from?
Ivan Perisic was born on 2nd February 1999 in Split, Croatia. As of 2021, he celebrated his 32nd birthday. His nationality is Croatian and his ethnicity is Croatian-White. His religion is Catholicism and his Zodiac sign is Aquarius. About his parents, he was born to his father, Ante Perisic, and his mother, Tihana Perisic. He also has a sibling, a sister named Anita Perisic. There is no details regarding his educational qualifications.
How was the Football Career of Ivan Perisic?
- Ivan Perisic started his football career playing for the youth club, Hajduk Split, and later with Sochaux. Later on, he joined Roeselare, Club Brugge, Borussia Dortmund, and VFL Wolfsburg subsequently.
- He was also a member of the Sochaux youth team, which won the Coupe Gambardella in the year 2007.
- On 26th August 2009, Belgian club, Club Brugge acquired Perisic from Sochaux for a €250,000 transfer fee and signed him to a three-year contract.
- He appeared in 33 matches with 9 goals for this team, Brugge.
- Again, he signed a new contract of 3 years with Brugge till 2015.
- Later, he signed a five-year contract to play for the German side of Borussia Dortmund after Dortmund paid an estimated €5 million transfer fee to Brugge on 23rd May 2011.
- On 6th January 2013, it was reported that Ivan was transferred for €8 million to VfL Wolfsburg and there he scored his first goal for Wolfsburg in a friendly match against Standard League on 10 January.
- He then signed with the Italian club Inter Milan on a five-year contract for a transfer fee of €16 million on 30th August 2015.
- He also played his first European match for Inter on 29th September in the team's second UEFA Europa League group stage match against Sparta Prague, appearing in the last 27 minutes of a 3-1 away defeat.
- He then signed a new contract extension with the Nerazzurri, keeping him at the San Siro until June 2022 on 8th September 2018.
- He scored his first Serie A hat-trick on 3 December in the 5-0 home win over Chievo.
- He then played his first Champions League game for Inter on 18 September 2018, in a 2-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur.
- Later, he joined the German club Bayern Munich on a season-long loan on 13th August 2019.
- On 31st August, he scored his first goal for Bayern and provided an assist in a 6-1 victory over Mainz.
- On 4th February 2020, during training ahead of a DFB-Pokal match against 1899 Hoffenheim, he suffered a right ankle fracture injury following a tackle from teammate Álvaro Odriozola. He underwent surgery the same day.
- On 9th September, Bayern announced they had opted not to sign him on a permanent deal, after failing to negotiate a deal with Inter and he returned to his parent club.
- He scored his first goal of the season for Inter Milan in a 2-2 home draw against Parma on 31st October 2020.
- He scored his first Champions League goal for Inter Milan in a 2-3 defeat against Real Madrid on 3rd November.
- On 2 May 2021, Sassuolo drew 1-1 with Atalanta at home, meaning that Inter mathematically secured the Serie A title which was Inter's first league title since the 2009-10 season. The title was also his first trophy with the Nerrazzuri.
How was the International Career of Ivan Perisic?
- Ivan also represented his nation at the international level for Croatia U17, U19, and U21 National Team.
- He also played n the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification.
- Later, he played Euro 2012, 2014 World Cup, Euro 2016, World Cup 2018.
- Similarly, he was a top goalscorer in Euro 2016 qualifying where he scored six goals in nine matches.
- He appeared regularly in Croatia's successful 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign, as they finished runner-up in Group I which sent them to the second round.
- In May 2018, he was named in Croatia's final squad for the 2018 World Cup.
- In the final against France on 15th July, he scored Croatia's temporary equalizer in the first half, although the match eventually ended in a 4–2 defeat to France. He covered the most ground of any player in the tournament, running a total of 72.5 kilometers.
- He scored three times–against Wales at home and Slovakia home and away as Croatia topped Group E in Euro 2020 qualifying.
- He captained the national team for the first time ever in a friendly 2-1 victory over Georgia, scoring the winning goal on 19th November 2019.
- Additionally, he captained Croatia once again in a 4–2 Nations League defeat to France at Stade de France on 8th September 2020.
- He made his 100th appearance for the national team in a friendly 1–1 draw with Armenia in which he scored Croatia's goal.
Awards, Honours and Achievements
- Bundesliga: 2011-12
- DFB-Pokal: 2011-12
- DFB-Pokal: 2014-15
- DFL-Supercup: 2015
- Bundesliga: 2019-20
- DFB-Pokal: 2019-20
- UEFA Champions League: 2019-20
- Serie A: 2020-21
- FIFA World Cup runner-up: 2018
- Belgian Pro League top goalscorer: 2010-11
- Belgian Professional Footballer of the Year: 2010-11
- Vatrena krila: 2014
- Order of Duke Branimir: 2018
- Inter on 31/08/2020 at the end of the loan
- Bayern München on 13/08/2019 for 5M € on Loan
- Inter on 30/08/2015 for 19M €
- VfL Wolfsburg on 06/01/2013 for 8M €
- Borussia Dortmund on 01/07/2011 for 5.5M €
- Club Brugge on 26/08/2009 for 200k €
- Sochaux on 30/06/2009 at the end of the loan
- KSV Roeselare on 01/01/2009 for Loan
- FC Sochaux B on 01/07/2006 From Hajduk U17
Who is Ivan Perisic Wife?
Ivan Perisic is a married man. He married Josipa Perisic in the year 2012. The couple is blessed with two children named Leonardo Perisic and Manuela Perisic. The couple is living a happy life together and there is no sign of separation between them. They are enjoying their life happily. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Ivan Perisic Net Worth?
Professional footballer, Ivan Perisic's net worth is estimated to have $9 Million as of 2023. His present salary is £9,270,000 annual from his current team, Tottenham Hotspur F.C.. His weekly wages is £134,000. His source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a luxurious lifestyle. As of May 2021, his market value is €10 Million whereas his highest market value is €45 Million as of December 2017. Ivan Perisic loves video games and swimming a lot.
How tall is Ivan Perisic?
Ivan's body build is athletic with a muscular body. He has got a tall height of 1.86 m with a balanced weight of 80 Kg. He has got a healthy body and maintains his body a lot. He always keeps his body fit. With this charming smile, he gains a lot of attention towards him. His hair color is Brown and his eye color is Blue. His sexual orientation is straight. His chest size is 100 cm, his arms size is 36 cm, and his waist size is 83 cm. His shoe size is not known.
Trivias About Ivan Perisic You Need To Know.
- He began his soccer career in his well-known hometown club Hajduk Split.
- On August 26, 2009, Ivan penned a three-year deal with Club Brugge worth €250,000.
- On August 30, 2015, Ivan was transferred to FC Inter Milan and penned a five-year deal for a price of €16 million.
- He was selected for the Belgian Footballer of the Year in 2011.
- He won the DFL-Supercup with VfL Wolfsburg in 2015.