Facts About Ivan Toney
|Celebrated Name||Ivan Toney|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Ivan Benjamin Elijah Toney|
|Place Of Birth||Northampton, England|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Height||5 ft. 10 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Twitter Instagram|
Ivan Benjamin Elijah Toney, professionally known as Ivan Toney is an English professional footballer who plays as a striker for Premier League club Brentford. He joined Newcastle United in 2015. He began his youth career with Northampton Town and debuted professionally with the team in 2012. At 16 years old, he became the youngest-ever player to represent Northampton Town when he made his first-team debut in 2012 and scored 13 goals in 60 matches across all competitions before joining Newcastle United in 2015. In the 2020/2021 season, he scored 31 goals for Brentford in EFL Championship which made him the highest goal scorer in a single season. He went on winning the EFL Championship Golden Boot and Brentford's Supporters Player of the Year and of course promotion to Premier League. Moreover, it was reported in March 2021 that Toney would be called up to the Jamaican national team.
Brentford is without Ivan Toney and Sergi Canos for the Watford game
Brentford will be without top goalscorer Ivan Toney for their game against Watford this Friday after the striker tested positive for Covid-19. The Bees will also be without Sergi Canos, who will be suspended after picking up a fifth yellow of the season for removing his shirt after scoring against Leeds United at the weekend. Toney has seven goals to his name so far this season, while Canos has two, leaving the hosts short on-forwarding options. Rico Henry, Brian Mbeumo, and Yoane Wissa each have two goals apiece, while five others have found the net once.
The two sides go into the match four points and six places apart, with Brentford sitting up in 11th place and the Hornets down in 17th, just three points above the drop zone. However, with Toney and Canos unavailable, it could give Watford the upper hand going into Friday night's clash at the Brentford Community Stadium. Last season saw the pair going head to head in the Championship as promotion candidates, with Watford going up via the automatic spots and Brentford winning the playoffs. The teams drew 1-1 at Vicarage Road, while the Bees won 2-0 at home back in May.
- Being an English professional footballer.
- For playing as a striker for Premier League club Brentford.
Where is Ivan Toney from?
Ivan Toney opened his eyes for the very first time on 16th March 1996 in Northampton, England. He was born with the real name of Ivan Benjamin Elijah Toney in a Christian religious family. He holds British nationality and he belongs to British-black ethnicity. Toney has celebrated his 25th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Pisces. Thus, his race is black. Tony was raised by his single mother, Lisa Toney. He has two sisters Jenna and Jasmine, and the other two half brothers from different fathers. He always had to feel the absence of his father and he once told that his mother had to skip the meal just to get her children fed. And he is always grateful to his mother for that.
Ivan Toney Football Career
- Ivan Toney kicks off his career at his hometown club Northampton Town where he made his first-team debut on 13th November 2012, in a 3-3 draw in the FA Cup first round away to Bradford City; he came on at the end of regulation time in place of Lewis Wilson as his team eventually lost 4-2 in a penalty shoot-out. He became the youngest first-team player in the club's history at 16 years of old.
- He also scored four goals in the FA Youth Cup, in a 5-0 win over York City in the following day whereas he made his first start on 28th September 2013 in a goalless home draw against Morecambe, making way for Ben Tozer after 74 minutes.
- On 26th April 2014, his first professional goals came scoring two in the first half of a 3-0 victory away to Dagenham & Redbridge, the latter a bicycle kick.
- He scored a header in a 3-2 win away to Championship team Wolverhampton Wanderers in the first round of the League Cup on 12th August 2012 as his header was the only goal in the victory away to Morecambe.
- His first goals of the league season arrived on 20th September; as a substitute for Lawson D'Ath however, he received the first red card of his career on 26th December in a 3-2 home defeat to Bury, being dismissed for fighting with visiting defender Hayden White. He was close to a transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers in November 2014, which collapsed due to an undisclosed medical issue.
- Ivan signed for Premier League club Newcastle United on 6th August 2015 on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee and made his debut on 25th August in the second round of the League Cup, replacing Massadio Haidara for the final 12 minutes of a 4-1 home win over his former team.
- He played his first league match for Newcastle, as an 85th-minute substitute for Aleksandar Mitrovic in a 2-2 home draw against Chelsea on 26th September.
- Later he joined League One club Barnsley on a 28-day youth loan on 9th November 2015 and made his debut the next day in the Northern quarter-finals of the Football League Trophy, starting in a 2-1 home win over York.
- He scored his first goal for Barnsley away to Wigan Athletic in the Trophy's next round, a header in a 2-2 draw on 5th December as well as he scored his first league goal for the club, deciding a 3-2 win away to Colchester United with a header from Marley Watkins' cross.
- Then he returned to Barnsley on loan for the remainder of the season on 24th March 2016 and he came on as a 65th-minute substitute for top scorer Sam Winnall on 3rd April, in the 2016 Football League Trophy Final against Oxford United at Wembley Stadium.
- He also joined League One club Shrewsbury Town on 8 August 2016 on a half-season loan and scored his first goal for the club, converting a penalty after being fouled by Charles Dunne, in a 3-2 win away to Oldham Athletic on 3rd September.
- He returned to League One on 2nd August 2017, joining Wigan Athletic for the upcoming season, and made his debut three days later, starting as they began the campaign with a 1-0 win away to Milton Keynes Dons. His first goal for his new team came on 19th August, opening a 2-0 win away to Oldham Athletic.
- On 11th January 2018, he re-signed on loan for Scunthorpe United and scored his first goal back in a Scunthorpe shirt on 3rd February 2018, netting the winner in a 3-2 away victory over Fleetwood Town.
- Ivan signed for League One club Peterborough United on 9th August 2018 on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee, reported by some sources as £650,000. He made his debut two days later in a 4-1 win at Rochdale as a 72nd-minute substitute for two-goal Jason Cummings.
- He also scored a hat-trick on 11 December in a 4-4 draw in the second round replay of the FA Cup away to Bradford City and began the 2019-2020 season with seven goals in the first seven league games, concluding with a hat-trick in a 6-0 home win over Rochdale on 14th September.
- As well, he scored nine times in his last seven games before the season was abandoned in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He was voted Player of the Season at the EFL Awards.
- Ivan completed a medical and signed for Championship club Brentford on a five-year deal on 31st August 2020 and scored his first goal for Brentford, a penalty, in a 1-1 draw with Millwall on 26th September; in each of his next three games, he scored twice.
- He assisted the only goal of a home win over Luton Town, before being dismissed in added time for an altercation with Tom Lockyer on 20th January 2020. He contributed a hat-trick to a 7-2 win over Wycombe Wanderers, also at the Brentford Community Stadium.
- Toney scored his 31st league goal of the season against Bristol City on 8th May 2021, setting a new Championship record for most goals scored in a single season. Three weeks later, he scored in a 2-0 win over Swansea City in the 2021 EFL Championship play-off Final.
- Furthermore, while at Brentford, the club stopped taking a knee against racism; Ivan said that players were being "used as puppets" to make the gesture while society did not change. He also faced online racist abuse over the season. Following Brentford's decision to take the knee for the 2020-2021 Premier League season alongside the other 19 clubs, Toney said he would not join his colleagues and would continue to stand.
- It was reported in March 2021 that Ivan Toney would be called up to the Jamaican national team, as part of a plan by the Jamaican Football Federation to purposely target a number of English-born players for call ups to increase the nation's chances of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup.
- Jamaican Football Federation president Michael Ricketts claimed that Toney was in the process of acquiring a Jamaican passport in order to play for the nation.
Awards and Achievements
- Football League Trophy: 2015-2016
- Football League One play-offs: 2016
- EFL League One: 2017-2018
- EFL Championship play-offs: 2021
- Brentford Supporters' Player of the Year: 2020-2021
- EFL Championship Golden Boot: 2020-2021
- EFL Championship Team of the Season: 2020-2021
- PFA EFL League One Team of the Year: 2019-2020
- PFA EFL Championship Team of the Year: 2020-2021
- EFL League One Player of the Year: 2019-2020
- Brentford on 01/09/2020 for 5.6M €
- Peterborough United on 09/08/2018 for 887k €
- Newcastle United on 31/05/2018 at the End of loan
- Scunthorpe United on 11/01/2018 for loan
- Wigan Athletic on 02/08/2017 for loan
- Scunthorpe United on 12/01/2017 for loan
- Shrewsbury Town on 08/08/2016 for loan
- Barnsley on 24/03/2016 for loan
- Barnsley on 09/11/2015 for loan
- Newcastle United on 06/08/2015 for 360k €
- Northampton Town on 01/07/2013 From Northampton U18
Is Ivan Toney Married?
Ivan Toney is an unmarried guy. He is currently in a relationship with Katie Toney with whom he became a proud father of a son named Ivan Toney Jr. who was born on 17th August 2019 in England. He has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but he definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together.
Concerning Toney's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Ivan Toney Net Worth?
Ivan Toney is a versatile guy who has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million dollars as of 2021. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around £1,092,000 per year. Toney's current market value is €32.00m as of 5th October 2021 which is also in highest market value. In his short professional time also, Ivan has established himself an identity already. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height of Ivan Toney?
Ivan Toney has a height of 5 ft 10 in / 179 cm whereas his body weighs around 163 lb / 74 kg. He has good-looking curly black hair and eyes color. Moreover, Ivan's body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Ivan Toney You Need To Know.
- Ivan Toney began his youth career with Northampton Town and debuted professionally with the team in 2012.
- At 16 years old, Ivan Toney became the youngest-ever player to represent Northampton Town.
- Ivan Toney has not yet make any appearance for his country.
- Ivan Toney wears shirt number 17 for Bretford.
- 2020-21 EFL Championship Golden Boot.