Jack Antonoff - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Album, Wiki
Jack Antonoff is an American Grammy Award-winning musician, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, as well as a record producer who is famous for being the lead singer of the rock band "Bleachers" and also renowned for being the guitarist and drummer in the pop-rock band "Fun". Further, he was the lead singer of the indie rock band "Steel Train". During his career, he has worked as a songwriter and record producer with various artists, including Tegan and Sara, Taylor Swift, Lorde, St. Vincent, Florence, and the Machine, Lana Del Rey, Kevin Abstract, Carly Rae Jepsen, the Chicks, and Clairo.
What is Jack Antonoff Famous For?
- Being a singer, multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, and record producer.
- For winning Grammy Awards for his work with Fun., for production on Taylor Swift’s albums "1989" and "Folklore", for production on St. Vincent's album "Daddy’s Home", and one with St. Vincent for co-writing the title track on "Masseduction".
Where is Jack Antonoff From?
Jack Antonoff took birth on March 31, 1984. He is from Bergenfield, New Jersey, the USA. His birth name is Jack Michael Antonoff. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. He celebrated his 38th birthday as of 2022. His religion is Jewish and his zodiac sign falls under Aries.
About his parents, he was born to his father, Rick Antonoff, and his mother, Shira Wall. He has two siblings namely, Rachel Antonoff (Older Sister) (Fashion Designer), Sarah Antonoff (Younger Sister) (Died of brain cancer). He is the middle child of three children.
Regarding his educational qualification, he studied at an elementary school at the Solomon Schechter Day School and attended the Professional Children's School. During his sophomore year of high school, he and several friends from elementary school formed a punk rock band called Outline in November 1998. They released a self-titled EP through a friend's record label in January 2000. He sang in the group until early 2000. Later, they released an album, A Boy Can Dream, in July 2001 through Triple Crown Records. The band lasted until 2002.
Jack Antonoff Career Timeline
- It was in the year 2002, that Jack along with his friend, Scott Irby-Ranniar formed the band 'Stee Train'. They recruited drummer, Matthias Gruber. The band secured a recording deal with Drive-Thru Records.
- In the year 2008, Nate Ruess (formerly the frontman of the Format) asked Antonoff to join him and Andrew Dost (formerly of Anathallo) in a new band, which became 'fun'. The band released its debut album, "Aim and Ignite", in 2009 and its second album "Some Nights" in 2012 which produced the band's first number-one hit single, "We Are Young" (featuring Janelle Monae).
- The band then released a free six-song EP in December 2013, titled Before Shane Went to Bangkok: Fun Live in the USA.
- After that, he announced a solo project called Bleachers in February 2014. The Huffington Post published a positive review of Bleachers' first single, "I Wanna Get Better" released on February 18—calling it the "catchiest song of 2014," while Time proclaimed, "[Bleachers] is more fun than Fun."
- The completed album, "Strange Desire", was released in July 2014. The album's single "I Wanna Get Better" peaked at number one in the U.S. Alternative charts during the same week.
- Later, he released Bleachers' second album "Gone Now" on June 2, 2017. Its lead single "Don't Take the Money" peaked at number 2 on Alternative Radio.
- Antonoff has also co-written a song "Sweeter Than Fiction" with Taylor Swift for the Weinstein Co. film, "One Chance".
- Further, he helped Swifts hit singles like Out of the Woods, I Wish You Would, and You Are In Love.
- In the year 2016, Swift, Antonoff, and Sam Dew wrote Swift and Zayn's song "I Don't Wanna Live Forever", the song produced by Antonoff, for the film Fifty Shades Darker was released, the song is from Fifty Shades Darker: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
- He was a key contributor to her sixth album "Reputation".
- In 2019, Swift and Antonoff wrote eight songs and produced eleven songs together for Swift's seventh studio album "Lover". In 2020, Swift and Antonoff also worked together on Swift's eighth studio album, "Folklore". In 2021, Swift and Antonoff produced four tracks of Fearless (Taylor's Version): "Mr. Perfectly Fine", "That's When", "Don't You" and "Bye Bye Baby". In addition, they also produced three tracks of Red (Taylor's Version): "Babe (Taylor's Version)", "Forever Winter" and "All Too Well (10 Minute Version)".
- He also co-wrote and produced Lorde's "Melodrama" which was released in June 2017.
- In 2018, he produced the soundtrack for the 20th Century Fox romantic comedy-drama film "Love, Simon".
- Next, he previewed a new musical project with Sam Dew and Sounwave called Red Hearse on 26th June 2019. The project was teased with the release of two singles, "Red Hearse" and "Honey".
- On 16th August 2019, their debut self-titled studio album was released via RCA Records.
- He also co-produced Lana Del Rey's sixth studio album "Norman Fucking Rockwell!" and also produced her seventh studio album "Chemtrails Over the Country Club".
- He started his own music festival called Shadow of the City in 2015. In the same year, he created a Google Play docuseries titled "Thank You and Sorry" as well as portrayed the character Baby Goya in the comedy-drama film "Hello, My Name Is Doris".
- He also contributed to the production of Pink's seventh studio album, "Beautiful Trauma" in 2017.
- In early 2019, he handled production on Brockhampton frontman Kevin Abstract's solo album, "Arizona Baby".
- Further, he appeared as himself in the 2021 Edgar Wright-directed film "The Sparks Brothers".
- Also he contributed to St. Vincent's sixth studio album, "Daddy's Home", and Clairo's sophomore record, "Sling".
Awards and Achievements
Jack Antonoff has achieved seven Grammy awards and has also been nominated for one Golden Glove Award. Here is the awards list won by Jack:
- Gracie Awards for his work in "Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions" in 2021
- Grammy Awards - Best New Artist for his work in 'Fun' in 2013, Song of the Year Award in "We Are Young" in 2013, Album of the Year Award in "1989" in 2016, Best Rock Song Award in "Masseduction" in 2019, Album of the Year Award in "Folklore" in 2021, Producer of the Year, Non-Classical in 2022
How much is Jack Antonoff Worth?
Jack Antonoff is a talented and successful singer as well as a songwriter who has released several songs and albums throughout his career. Moreover, he has been a songwriter and record producer with various artists like Tegan and Sara, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Carly Rae Jepsen, Clairo, and others. The net worth of this multi-talented singer is estimated to have $25 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from the music industry. His exact salary is still to get unveiled yet. Today, he is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings.
Who is Jack Antonoff Engaged To?
Jack Antonoff is not married yet and he is still to get married but currently, he is engaged to his beautiful girlfriend, Margaret Qualley who is an actress as well as a model. In May 2022, it was revealed that the couple had gotten engaged after Margaret was seen wearing an engagement ring during an appearance at the Cannes Film Festival. Jack reportedly started dating actress Margaret Qualley in 2021. In August 2021, the couple was spotted kissing. Today, the engaged couple is enjoying their life happily and they are planning to get married soon. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Who is Jack Antonoff Girlfriend, Margaret Qualley?
Previously, he was in a relationship with Scarlett Johansson (2001-2002), Alia Shawkat (2009-2010), Lena Dunham (2012-2017), and Carlotta Kohl (2018-2021).
What is Jack Antonoff Height?
Jack has a height of 5 feet 7 inches and his body weight consist of 68 Kg or 150 lbs. His hair color is dark brown and his eye color is brown. His body type is slim. He wears glasses which suits him well. His other body measurements is still to get disclosed yet. He suffered from depression and anxiety during his late teen years due to his younger sister’s death as well as the 9/11 attacks that followed close to each other.
Trivias About Jack Antonoff You Need To Know.
- Jack started the music festival Shadow of the City in New Jersey in 2015.
- He lived in his parents’ house well into his late 20s and moved out at the age of 28 years.
- Aries is his Zodiac sign.
- Jack Michael Antonoff is his real name.
- He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.