Jack Black - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Career, Band, Ethnicity, Married, Wife, Kids, Age, Wiki, Quarantine, Dance, Coronavirus, Retiring, Height, Movies
Jack Black is an American actor-producer known for his comic roles and voice over in the Kung Fu Panda movies. As a thirteen-year-old, he appeared in commercials and while he is school, he discovered his talent for acting. He went on to act in television movies and series such as Life Goes On, Northern Exposure, The Innocent, The X-Files, Mr. Show, and Picket Fences. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Jack Black known for?
- An American actor, comedian, singer, musician, songwriter, and YouTube personality.
When was Jack Black born?
Recalling his early life, Jack was born in Santa Monica, California to his parents Judith Love and Thomas William Black in the year 1969. His parents are satellite engineers and his mother also worked on the Hubble Space Telescope.
Unfortunately, his parents divorced when he was 10 and he moved to Culver City with his father and frequently visited his mother's home. He became interested in the world of show business from an early age. He is of American nationality and belongs to a mixed ethnic background of Ashkenazi Jewish, Northern Irish, Scottish, English, German, remote French and Welsh.
Where is Jack Black educated?
Concerning his early life, Jack attended Poseidon School, a private secondary school designed especially for students struggling in the traditional school system. Later, he also attended the Crossroads School, where he excelled in drama. Furthermore, he later attended UCLA. However, he had dropped out during his sophomore year to pursue a career in entertainment.
When did Jack Black begin his career?
- While at UCLA, Jack made acquaintance with Tim Robbin’s who inducted him into The Actor’s Gang, an acting troupe. It was in Tim’s directorial venture Bob Roberts that he made his acting debut in 1992.
- From 1993 to 1996, he appeared in various acting roles on television such as Life Goes On, Northern Exposure, The Innocent, The X-Files, Mr. Show, and Picket Fences.
- He then appeared in small roles in various movies including Airborne, Demolition Man, Waterworld, The Fan, The Cable Guy, Mars Attacks!, Dead Man Walking, The Jackal and Enemy of the State.
- The actor shot to fame with his role was in the 2000 movie, High Fidelity’. Garnering the attention of the movie industry with his performance in the movie, he bagged leading roles in movies like Shallow Hal, Nacho Libre, Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, Year One and Gulliver’s Travels.
- The multi-talented actor lent his voice for an episode titled Husbands and Knives in the popular comic sitcom The Simpsons. In 2009, he starred in the children’s show Yo Gabba Gabba!, where he sang songs like It’s Not Fun to Get Lost, Friends and The Goodbye Song.
- In 2011, he starred in the dark comedy movie Bernie where he plays the role of Bernie Tiede who kills a rich widow, portrayed by Shirley MacLaine. His role was well received by critics and audiences alike.
- He appeared in a guest role with Cloris Leachman and Jessica Alba on The Office. His other guest television appearances include a role in the iStart a Fan War episode of iCarly, the teen sitcom.
- The actor has starred in the Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab shows Computerman, Timebelt, and Laserfart. He also appeared in the comedy Awesometown as George Washington who takes credit for other presidents’ accomplishments.
- His album Tenacious D’s songs Master Exploder and The Metal are featured in the film Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny directed by Liam Lynch with cameo roles by Tim Robbins and Dave Grohl as Satan.
- In 2012, he recorded a song, for the Library of Congress and RIF, called Book People Unite along with other celebrities. He recorded a song for The Doomstar Requiem, the fourth album of the metal band Dethklok and even made an appearance in the video.
- In 2015, He played a fictional version of real-life author R. L. Stine for Goosebumps and provided the voices of two of Stine's creations, Slappy the Dummy and The Invisible Boy. He reprised the Stine role in the film's 2018 sequel, Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween.
- On July 21st, 2019, He took part in a Minecraft stream with popular YouTuber PewDiePie to raise money for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), in the wake of the suicide of Etika in June 2019.
- Furthermore, in August 2006, He registered his own production company, Electric Dynamite Productions, Inc. The company's first work produced was the 2009 mockumentary Branson, which was a co-production with BranMo Productions and Perfect Weekend.
- In 2011, the company would produce two TV-movies, My Life As an Experiment and Shredd. In 2013, the company notably produced TV series Ghost Ghirls for the now-defunct Yahoo! Screen, as well as obtained the rights to adapt the UK mockumentary Wizard's Way into a feature film.
- The company would also be a producer credit on The D Train (2015) and The Polka King (2017), both of which featured Black in the starring role. The company produced The Aquabats! adventures! in 2018, and is set to release a dark-comedy film called Happily in 2020.
Who is Jack Black married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Jack became engaged to Tanya Haden in January 2006. The couple later married on 14th March 2006 in Big Sur, California. Together, the couple blessed two sons named Samuel Jason Black and Thomas David Black.
Previously, he had a brief relationship with Kathy Griffin, an actress, and comedian. Additionally, from 1997 to 2005, he was romantically linked with actress and comedian Laura Kightlinger.
What is the net worth of Jack Black?
Being an actor and musician, Jack earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $35 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Jack Black?
Observing her body physics, Jack stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 111 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and hair color. Her further body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Jack Black You Need To Know.
- One half of the rock band Tenacious D alongside friend and collaborator Kyle Gass.
- Often competes for the same roles with Philip Seymour Hoffman. On the DVD audio commentary for School of Rock (2003), he jokingly calls Hoffman "my nemesis".
- Starred in a management training film "Manager of the Year - Effective Listening" (1987) as a teenager who tells his father that the family car has been stolen.
- His parents, who were both rocket scientists, divorced when Black was 10. His mother, Judith Love Cohen, worked on the Hubble space telescope.