Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:17 am
Facts About Jacklyn Zeman
|Celebrated Name||Jacklyn Zeman|
|Age||70 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Jacklyn Zeman|
|Birth Name||Jacklyn Zeman|
|Place Of Birth||Englewood, New Jersey|
|Father||Richard S. Zeman|
|High School||Bergenfield High School|
|University||New York University|
|Net Worth||$16 million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Husband||Murray Kaufman, Steve Gribbin, Glenn Gorden|
|Daughter||Cassidy Zee Gorden and Lacey Rose Gorden|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Cause Of Death||Cancer|
|Death Date||9th May 2023|
Jacklyn Zeman was a well-known American actress who gained immense popularity for her portrayal of Bobbie Spencer on the ABC daytime soap opera "General Hospital." She played this character for an impressive 45 years, making her one of the longest-running actors in the history of daytime television. Zeman's character, Bobbie, was initially introduced as a streetwise teenager in 1977, and over the years, she evolved into one of the show's most prominent and beloved characters. Jacklyn was married three times till her death.
Initially, Zeman landed a regular role in the ABC daytime soap opera "One Life to Live" playing Lana McClain from 1976 to 1977. Moreover, she appeared in National Lampoon's Class Reunion and Young Doctors in Love, as well as made-for-television movies like Jury Duty: The Comedy and Montana Crossroads. She also performed in several off-Broadway productions and was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for her role in the streaming series The Bay. Sadly, she died at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California, on May 9, 2023, at the age of 70, after a short battle with cancer.
Who were the Parents of Jacklyn Zeman?
Born into a Jewish family on March 6th, 1953, in Englewood, New Jersey, Jacklyn Zeman's parents were Rita Zeman-Rohlman, a magazine supervisor, and Richard S. Zeman, a systems engineer. Her full name was Jacklyn Lee Zeman. Growing up in Bergenfield, New Jersey, Zeman held American nationality and identified as American-White ethnicity. As of 2022, she recently celebrated her 70th birthday, having made a name for herself as a popular actress and personality on daytime television.
At the young age of 15, Zeman completed her high school studies at Bergenfield High School before embarking on a career in dance on a scholarship at New York University. In 1972, she also spent time as a Playboy Bunny at the Playboy Club, a well-known role that gave her a chance to express her personality and charm in front of a larger audience.
Jacklyn Zeman Acting Career
- Jacklyn Zeman was an American actress best known for her role as Barbara "Bobbie" Spencer on the popular ABC daytime soap opera "General Hospital". She played the role regularly from 1977 to 2010, earning three Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series and one Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series nominations for her portrayal. In addition to her soap opera work, Zeman has appeared in a variety of film and television projects, including "National Lampoon's Class Reunion" (1982) and "Montana Crossroads" (1993). She has also performed in off-Broadway productions of plays such as "Come Blow Your Horn", "Barefoot in the Park", and "The Boy Friend". Since 2013, she has made recurring appearances on "General Hospital", and she received another Daytime Emmy Award nomination in 2021 for her work on the streaming series The Bay.
- Zeman's extensive filmography included appearances in a variety of television shows, films, and made-for-TV movies. Her first notable role was as Lana McClain on the ABC soap opera "One Life to Live", which she played from 1976 to 1977. She later appeared in the spoof comedy film "Young Doctors in Love" (1982) and had a starring role in the made-for-television movie "Jury Duty: The Comedy" (1990), opposite Heather Locklear. Zeman has also had smaller roles in various television shows such as "Mike Hammer" and "Sledge Hammer!" She has been nominated for several Indie Series Awards for her work on the web series "Misguided" and "The Bay", and she continued to be a familiar face on "General Hospital", having played the role of Bobbie Spencer for over four decades.
How much was Jacklyn Zeman's net worth?
Jacklyn Zeman, with a net worth of approximately $16 million as of 2023, has had a successful career in the entertainment industry, particularly in soap operas. She gained fame and wealth through her portrayal of Bobbie Spencer in "General Hospital". Her skillful performances in various films and television shows also contributed significantly to her accumulated wealth. Her annual income was in millions of dollars. Her primary source of income was her career in the entertainment industry, which enabled her to live a full life.
Throughout her career, Jacklyn Zeman had worked hard to establish herself as a talented actress. Her dedication to her craft had paid off, and she had been able to amass a significant amount of wealth as a result. With a net worth of $16 million, Zeman had proven that her talents and hard work have paid off. She had lived a fulfilling life, and her success was an inspiration to many aspiring actors and actresses.
Is Jacklyn Zeman Married?
Jacklyn Zeman had been married three times and has two daughters. Her first marriage was to Murray Kaufman, a popular DJ known as Murray the K, which lasted from September 16, 1979, to 1981. She then married Steve Gribbin, but this union was short-lived and lasted from 1985 to 1986. Zeman's longest marriage was to Glenn Gorden, whom she wed on February 14, 1988. The couple stayed together for almost two decades before divorcing on June 21, 2007.
Zeman and Gorden have two daughters together, Cassidy Zee Gorden and Lacey Rose Gorden. Both daughters were born during their parents' long marriage, and they have remained close to their mother throughout her career. Despite her busy schedule as an actress, Zeman had always made time for her family and has been actively involved in her daughters' lives.
How did Jacklyn Zeman die?
Jacklyn Zeman, who played Bobbie Spencer on the ABC soap opera "General Hospital" for more than 40 years, passed away at the age of 70 on 9th May 2023 after a short battle with cancer at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California, as confirmed by the show's executive producer, Frank Valentini. Valentini paid tribute to Zeman on social media and said that her positive spirit would always live on with the show's cast and crew. The "General Hospital" Twitter account also expressed its deep condolences to Zeman's family and friends, calling her a radiant spirit who would always be remembered for her Emmy-nominated portrayal of the bad girl turned heroine.
Zeman's death has left a lasting impact on the entertainment industry and her fans. She was widely respected for her contributions to the show and her incredible acting abilities. Her legacy will continue to inspire and entertain audiences for years to come.
How tall was Jacklyn Zeman?
Jacklyn Zeman, the veteran actress known for her role in the long-running soap opera General Hospital, had a height of 5 feet 4 inches. This made her a bit shorter than the average American woman, who stands at around 5 feet 5 inches. Despite her relatively small stature, Zeman was known for her big personality and her commanding presence onscreen.
In addition to her height, Zeman's weight was reported to be around 56 kg or 123 pounds. This made her a slender and petite woman, but she was also known for her strength and athleticism. Her hair was naturally red, and she often styled it in loose waves or a sleek bob. Her dark brown eyes were one of her most striking features, and they helped to create an air of mystery and allure that made her a fan favorite on General Hospital and other popular shows.
Trivias About Jacklyn Zeman You Need To Know.
- Jacklyn Zeman graduated at the age of 15.
- She debuted on TV in 1976.
- She was married thrice during her lifetime.
- Zeman received Daytime Emmy Award nomination for her regular role as Sofia Madison in the streaming series The Bay in 2021.
- Jacklyn Lee Zeman is her birth name.