Jadeveon Clowney - Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Salary, Trade, Contract, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Affair, Wife, Dating, Girlfriend, NFL, Family
Jadeveon Davarus Clowney famed as Jadeveon Clowney is an American football player. He currently plays as a defensive end for the Houston Texans of the National Football League (NFL). He also won the Defensive Player of the Year honors in the Southeastern Conference. He was drafted first overall by the Houston Texans in the 2014 NFL Draft. He played for them for five seasons, making three Pro Bowls before being traded to the Seahawks prior to the 2019 season.
Jadeveon Clowney trade official
The NFL on Sunday approved Seattle’s trade acquiring pass rusher and 2014 first-overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney from Houston. As known Saturday, the Texans get defensive end Jacob Martin, defensive end Barkevious Mingo and a third-round draft choice from the Seahawks. Martin has promise but is a second-year, part-time player. Seattle was likely to cut Mingo after his poor preseason, to save the team $4.1 million against its salary cap for this year. A huge upgrade for a needy defensive line without giving up a front-line player nor a top draft choice? That’s a huge steal for the Seahawks. Now comes Sunday’s good news for Seattle: The Texans are paying Clowney $7 million this year to play for the Seahawks. Terms of the trade include Houston paying a $7 million signing bonus to Clowney, who had been a holdout through the preseason. That’s to get Clowney to finally sign his tender as a franchise player so the Texans could then trade him.
Early Life of Jadeveon
Jadeveon was born on 14th February 1993 in Rock Hill, South Carolina, the USA as Jadeveon Davarus Clowney. His nationality is American and he is of African-American ethnicity. He was brought up in Charlotte, North Carolina, with his maternal grandparents John and Josephine Clowney. He was born to his parents; David Morgan and Josenna Clowney. There is no information about his siblings. He is a native of Rock Hill, South Carolina. His parents had separated because his father was sentenced for 12 years for robbing a Rock Hill check-cashing business. Later, he stayed with his mother and her boyfriend, Christopher Jones. He attended South Pointe High School and played for the South Pointe Stallions high school football team. After high school, he attended the University of South Carolina. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 26th birthday with his friends and families.
Body Measurement of Jadeveon
Jadeveon Clowney is a very handsome footballer with long hair. He has a height of 6 feet 5 inches with body weight 122 kg. He has black hair color and his eye color is also black. His other body measurements will be added soon. Overall, he has got an athletic body build with a healthy body. Many people also follow him for his charming smile and attractive personality.
Career of Jadeveon
- Jadeveon began his football career while he was at South Pointe High School, where he played for the South Pointe Stallions High School football team.
- After that, he attended the University of South Carolina where he played on the South Carolina Gamecocks football team from 2011 through 2013.
- At that time, he emerged as the best defensive player in college football.
- At that time, he earned SEC Defensive Player and Defensive Lineman of the Week honors several times.
- He also won the Ted Hendricks Award as the nation’s best defensive end. Additionally, he was a finalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award, the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, and the Lombardi Award.
- He had 31 seniors graduate after the 2008 season, including Gilmore and Holloman.
- He opted to have surgery on the bone spur in January 2009.
- He was named South Carolina's 2010 Mr. Football.
- He left his decision open until after National Signing Day of 2011.
- He also finished 6th overall in the 2012 Heisman Trophy voting.
- He attended the University of South Carolina where he played on the South Carolina Gamecocks football team under head coach Steve Spurrier from 2011 through 2013.
- He was voted by the fans as the 2012 AT&T All-America Player of the Year on January 7.
- In the Outback Bowl on January 1, 2013, he helped the Gamecocks to a 33-28 victory over the Michigan Wolverines.
- He began playing football at a professional level in 2014.
- In January 2013, he was projected as a top-3 selection in the 2014 NFL Draft.
- He was selected as the No. 1 overall pick by the Houston Texans in the 2014 NFL Draft.
- On 6th June 2014, he signed a 4-year deal with the Texans worth $22.272 million that featured a $14.518 million signing bonus.
- He made his professional debut on 9th August 2014, during the first preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals.
- He recorded his first NFL sack in a game against the Miami Dolphins on 25th October 2015.
- He was named to his first Pro Bowl and awarded Second-Team All-Pro in the year 2016.
- He was also named to The Sporting News All-Pro team.
- On 14th April 2017, the Texans picked up the fifth-year option on his contract.
- In the 2018 season, he finished with nine sacks, 47 total tackles, one pass defense, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery for a touchdown.
- On 4th March 2019, the Texans placed the franchise tag on Clowney.
- On 31st August 2019, the Texans traded him to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for Jacob Martin, Barkevious Mingo, and a third-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
What is Jadeveon Clowney salary?
Jadeveon Clowney is a very successful footballer with the huge net worth amounting $13 Million as of 2019. He has an annual salary of $5 Million. His major source of earning is from his football career. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.
Is Clowney Jadeveon married?
Jadeveon Clowney is not married yet but he is in a relationship with a girl named Najah Re. The couple began dating each other while they were at the University of Houston in 2012. He has a son named Jahlil Clowney born in October 2015. Their relationship is going very well without any disturbances and the couple is planning to get married soon.