Jake Evans (Ice Hockey) Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Facts, Family, Height, Current Team, Contract, Transfer, Education, Position, Number, Wiki
Jake Evans is a Canadian professional ice hockey player who plays as a center forward for the Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected in the seventh round, 207th overall by the Canadiens in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. He is one of the most talented and anticipated players in the NHL.
He is the seventh Irish hockey player to attend St. Michael’s College. He was selected as the OJHL Player of the Month for February 2014. He is the 13th Canadian-born captain of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the first since two-year captain Steve Noble. He was the NCAA Big Ten Conference's senior class award winner in 2017.
What is Jake Evans famous for?
- Being a Canadian professional ice hockey player.
- for playing as a center forward for the Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Where is Jake Evans nationality?
Jake Evans was born on 2nd June 1996 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. His birth name is Jake Wayne Evans. He holds an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. His birth sign is Gemini. He is a follower of Christianity.
Evans was born into a well-to-do family. His father Wayne Evans works as a salesman while his mother Marilyn Evans is a family physician and serves in Mississauga, a large neighboring city of Toronto. Evan grew up with his older brother, Matthew, who works in the banking field.
Evan completed his high school education at St. Michael’s College School in his hometown Toronto. Later he enrolled in Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business and earned a major in management consulting. Before attending St. Michael’s College, he played hockey for the Mississauga Rebels Midget Minor AAA program from 2011-12.
What team was Jake Evans on?
- Evans started his professional ice hockey career after signing a two-year, entry-level contract with the Montreal Canadiens on April 9, 2018.
- On February 10, 2020, Evans scored his first NHL goal in the Canadiens' 3–2 loss to the Arizona Coyotes.
- On June 2, 2021, Evans missed the remaining games after receiving a hard open-ice hit from Winnipeg Jets player Mark Scheifele.
- During the 2021 Stanley Cup Final, he returned to play against the Tampa Bay Lightning but the Canadiens lost the game.
- Before his professional contract with the Canadiens, Evans played for his University Ice Hockey team notably known as "Notre Dame Fighting Irish" in the NCAA Big Ten Conference.
- He scored his first career shorthanded goal in Notre Dame’s 3-3 overtime tie with Penn State.
- He Joined the Irish after spending the previous three seasons (2011-14) with the St. Michael’s Buzzers of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL).
- He was the finalist for the Canadian Junior Hockey League Rookie of the Year award in 2012-13.
- On October 3, 2021, Evans signed a three-year contract extension with the Canadiens until the expiration of the contract in October 2025.
How much does Jake Evans make?
As of January 2022, the net worth of Carey Price is estimated to be around US $1.5 million. He has accumulated his fortune through his professional Ice hockey career. He also makes extra income through endorsement deals from Nike, and UA.
Evans has signed a 3 year / $5.1 million contract with the Montreal Canadiens, including a $1 million signing bonus, and will earn an average annual salary of $1.7 million for the 2022-23 season. His salary will be increased in the upcoming seasons if he gives his best performance in this season.
Jake Evans Personal Life
At the time of writing, It is difficult to trace the personal life of Jake Evans; he seems to be very secretive and private when things come about his love life. Moreover, he has not connected to social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. The main thing is that his parents have suggested giving his full focus on his football career and the obedient guy must have followed his parent's advice.
From here we can know that he is a guy highly dedicated to his career and work. Possibly, his focus on his profession might have made this handsome player stay away from the relationship bound. But we are not 100 percent sure about his relationship background because who knows that he might have secretly dated his loved one.
How tall is Jake Evans?
Jake Evans is 6 ft tall and his body weight is 83 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As an Ice Hockey player, he regularly does workout and gym exercises to keep him fit and active. He has a Medium Side Swept hairstyle that is dark brown in color. His eyes color are Brown.
He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Montreal Canadiens training center for warm-ups and training.
Did You Know?
- He played piano and earned his Grade 7 Royal Conservatory certificate during his childhood.
- His two cousins played ice hockey at Cornell University.
- He was included in B1G First All-Star Team in 2018.