Jake Funk - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Family, Salary, Contract, Height, Current Team, Nationality, Parents, Career, Position, Records, Wiki
Jake Funk is a versatile American football running back for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He played with Damascus High School and then with The University of Maryland from 2016 to 2020. Following the 2020 season, he announced that he would forgo his remaining college eligibility and declared for the 2021 NFL Draft. He was picked up by the Rams in the seventh round of the 2021 Draft. He likes to play guitar and has made videos of himself playing on Instagram where he has gained more than 42.5k followers. Jake was named the 2015 Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year as well as "The Washington Post" All-Metro Offensive Player of the Year for the same year, also earning two consensus all-state selections. He also scored a title-game record seven rushing touchdowns against Dundalk High School in the state championship game his senior year.
- Being an American football running back for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL).
- For being drafted by the Rams in the seventh round of the 2021 NFL Draft.
What Nationality is Jake Funk?
Jake Funk stepped for the very first time into the world on 11th January 1998 in Gaithersburg, Maryland, the U.S. He is of American nationality and he came from American-white ethnic background. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Jake recently celebrated his 24th birthday in the January of 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Capricorn. Funk hails from a family of athletes as his father Jim Funk was a football player for Penn State and his mother, A'Lisa Funk was a national title-winning swimmer at the Clarion University of Pennsylvania. Two of Funk's grandparents were also athletes at Penn State, and his grandmother Jean was one of Penn State's first female athletes, competing for the men's rifle team. He has an older brother Josh, who played lacrosse at Ohio State University and professionally for the Minnesota Swarm. He also has a younger brother, Jordan, who played one year of football for the Army before transferring to James Madison.
Regarding Jake's education, he attended Damascus High School, where he was a heavily lauded football player.
What does Jake Funk do for a living?
- Jake Funk kicks off his football career in Damascus High School where he was named the 2015 Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year as well as "The Washington Post" All-Metro Offensive Player of the Year for the same year.
- He scored a title-game record seven rushing touchdowns against Dundalk High School in the state championship game his senior year and quickly committed to his hometown school, where he was the first commit for then-interim head coach Mike Locksley.
- Then he debuted in a 2016 game against Howard University where he rushed for 59 yards and a touchdown as well as he caught his first career touchdown pass that year against Purdue.
- He ended the season with 29 carries for 136 yards and one touchdown (averaging 4.7 yards a carry), and seven receptions for 42 yards and one touchdown.
- As well, he appeared in all 12 of Maryland's games during his sophomore season and ended the year with 27 carries for 145 yards (averaging 5.4 yards a carry) and four touchdowns, second-most on the team.
- He had an injury-shortened junior season, playing through a wrist injury before tearing his ACL however, he received an extra year of eligibility and played in Maryland's first three games before tearing his ACL again in a game against Temple.
- He carried seventeen times for 173 yards and two touchdowns also caught four passes for 16 yards through the three games and had his best statistical season after returning from his consecutive ACL tears.
- Jake was the team's primary option at running back after the departure of Javon Leake and Anthony McFarland Jr. to the NFL playing during the COVID-19-shortened Big Ten season.
- He rushed 60 times for 519 yards, averaging 8.6 yards per carrying, which ranked him first in the Big Ten and second among all Football Bowl Subdivision running backs in yards per carrying.
- At the end of the season, he ranked third on Maryland's list of yards per carrying across a single season.
- Jake Funk opted to enter the 2021 NFL Draft whereas due to his perception as a primarily straight-line runner who was not particularly elusive, Sports Illustrated speculated that he would go undrafted, but could potentially find a role as a special teams player.
- He was drafted in the seventh round (233rd overall) by the Los Angeles Rams and signed his four-year rookie contract with the Rams on 16th May 2021.
- Coach Sean McVay announced a day after a Week 6 win over the New York Giants on 18th October 2021 that Jake had suffered a hamstring injury and was placed on injured reserve on 18th October. He was activated on 21st December.
- He then won Super Bowl LVI when the Rams defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20.
Is Jake Funk Dating Anyone?
Jake Funk is an unmarried man. He is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend Hannah Ann Sluss from The Bachelor. Starting at now, the couple is carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. It seems that Funk is comfortable keeping his personal life open to the public. It shows how he loves his fans and leaves no page unturned to make them know what they want. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Jake Funk?
Jake Funk has established himself an identity already. He has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas he also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $897,057 per year. Like many young adults of today's, he's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. In addition, his major source of income is from his football career and he is happy and satisfied with the profession he is in.
How tall is Jake Funk?
Jake Funk has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He is 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) tall and his body weighs around 205 lb (93 kg). He has good-looking light brown hair and eyes color. Furthermore, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Jake Funk You Need To Know.
- Jake is known for playing with the Los Angeles Rams in the National Football League (NFL).
- He played with Damascus High School and then with The University of Maryland from 2016 to 2020.
- He was picked up by the Rams in the seventh round of the 2021 Draft.
- He likes to play guitar and has made videos of himself playing on Instagram.
- He and Darrell Henderson Jr. have both been running backs for the Los Angeles Rams.