James Michael Tyler - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Nationality, Age, Family, Parents, Salary, Height, Facts, Cancer, Wiki, Career, Health, Siblings
Very flamboyant and versatile, James Michael Tyler is an American actor who is well recognized for his role as Gunther on the NBC sitcom "Friends". He became a production assistant on the film "Fat Man and Little Boy". He was originally an extra on "Friends" but was cast as Gunther because he was the only one who knew how to operate an espresso machine. He was a member of a student theatre group, the Clemson Players during his time at Clemson. Additionally, he can be seen as himself in the television sitcom, "Friends: The Reunion" in 2021.
James Michael Tyler: Friends' Gunther reveals cancer diagnosis
Friends star James Michael Tyler revealed he was diagnosed in September 2018 after a routine physical examination. Cancer has since spread to the actor's bones and he can no longer walk. He is undergoing chemotherapy. "Eventually, you know, it's gonna probably get me," he told host Craig Melvin. Speaking about his diagnosis, he said: "I was 56 years old at the time, and they screen for PSA, which is a prostate-specific antigen. "That came back at an extraordinarily high number... so I knew immediately when I went online and I saw the results of my blood test and blood work that there was obviously something quite wrong there. "Nearly immediately, my doctor called me and said, 'Hey, I need you to come in tomorrow because I suspect that you may have quite a serious problem with your prostate.'" After he missed another test during the pandemic, cancer spread to his bones, he revealed and is now at stage four. "Late-stage cancer," he confirmed. "So eventually, you know, it's gonna probably get me." He took the opportunity to urge other men to get themselves checked out at their next doctor's appointment. "There are other options available to men if they catch it before me," he said.
- Being an American actor.
- For his role as Gunther on the NBC sitcom "Friends".
Where is James Michael Tyler from?
On 28th May 1962, James Michael Tyler took birth in Greenwood, Mississippi, the U.S under the star sign of Gemini. He is American by nationality and American-white by ethnicity. His religion is Christian and his race is white. He celebrated his 59th birthday as of 2021. When he was 10 years old his father died, and when he was 11 years old, his mother died. He is the youngest of five children as he has four older siblings. His father was a retired U.S. Air Force captain and his mother was a homemaker.
Regarding Tyler's education, he graduated from Anderson College (now Anderson University) with a two-year degree in 1982 and Clemson University with a degree in geology in 1984. He received his Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Georgia in 1987.
How was the Acting Career of James Michael Tyler?
- James Michael Tyler jumps off his acting carer playing the role of Gunther on the sitcom "Friends" from 1994 to 2004 which led to a ten-year career with appearances in 148 of "Friends'"236 episodes; he is the show's most-frequently-appearing recurring character actor.
- He opened the temporary Central Perk pop-up replica in London in honor of "Friends'" 15th anniversary in 2009 whereas he starred in the unaired pilot satire sitcom "Nobody's Watching", playing himself on the set of Central Perk.
- He then made appearances at a Central Perk replica in SoHo in honor of "Friends'" 20th anniversary in 2014.
- He starred as himself playing an ice hockey coach in the BBC/Showtime sitcom "Episodes" (Series 2, Episode 6).
- Tyler can also be seen as himself in the television sitcom, "Friends: The Reunion" in 2021.
Who is James Michael Tyler Wife?
James Michael Tyler is a married actor. He tied a not with his beautiful wife Jennifer Carno. The pair's relationship is expectational till now and hopes it will remain as same as in the future too. Talking about Tyler's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Furthermore, he was previously married to Barbara Chadsey in 1995. However, he later led for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences in 2014.
How much is James Michael Tyler Net Worth?
James Michael Tyler has a net worth of $4 million as of 2021 whereas his salary was raised to $10,000 per episode, meaning he earned $160,000 from the 16 episodes he appeared in. He's got to be the highest-paid barista in the world. For seasons 3 and 4, his salary doubled again and he earned $20,000 per episode and $30,000 per episode in seasons 5 and 6. In addition, his major source of income is from his acting career.
How tall is James Michael Tyler?
James Michael Tyler is 1.8 m tall and his body weighs around 88 Kg (170 lbs). He has attractive brown hair and light brown eyes color. He has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems. James is average by body build.
Trivias About James Michael Tyler You Need To Know.
- James is known for his role as the coffee shop worker Gunther on the hit NBC sitcom Friends.
- He graduated with a degree in Geology from Clemson University and became a production assistant on the film Fat Man and Little Boy.
- He was originally an extra on Friends but was cast as Gunther because he was the only one who knew how to operate an espresso machine.
- He was the youngest of six children born to his parents, a retired U.S. Air Force captain and a homemaker.
- In 2021, he revealed he had metastatic prostate cancer.