Last updated on May 5th, 2021 at 02:01 am
Facts About James Norton
|Celebrated Name||James Norton|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Birth Name||James Geoffrey Ian|
|Place Of Birth||Lambeth, London|
|Best Known For||His role as Tommy Lee Royce in series, "Happy Valley".|
|Father||Hugh Biddulph Norton|
|School||Bramcote Prep School|
|High School||Ampleforth College|
|University||Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge|
|Education||First Class Honors in theology|
|Girl Friend||Imogen Poots(2018-present), Jessie Buckley(2015-17)|
|Debut Movie||An Education|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Inspector George Gently|
|Body Measurement||41-32-35 inches|
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Bicep Size||15 inches|
|Height||6ft. 1inch.(1.85 m)|
|Net Worth||$4.5 million|
|Source of Wealth||Movies and series|
James Norton is an English actor who is well known for his role as Tommy Lee Royce in the crime drama series, "Happy Valley". For his role in the series, he even earned a nomination for the British Academy Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2015. He also got recognition for his roles in "War & Peace", "Grantchester" and "McMafia".
Other his film credits include "Rush", "Belles", "Mr. Turner", "Bonobo", "Hampstead", "Flatliners". He currently plays the main role of Hugo Swan in the series, "The Nevers"(2021). Besides, he is active on social media sites with over 175k followers on Instagram: @jginorton.
What is James Norton Famous for?
- Famous as an actor.
- Known for his role as Tommy Lee Royce in the series, "Happy Valley".
Where is James Norton From?
James Norton was born on July 18, 1985, in Lambeth, London, England. His birth name is James Geoffrey Ian Norton. His nationality is British. Norton belongs to mixed ethnicity while Cancer is his zodiac sign.
Born as the eldest son to his parents; Hugh Biddulph Norton(father) and Lavinia Jane(mother), James grew up alongside his younger sister in his hometown until his family moved to the town of Malton in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire. His Tanzanian father Hugh was a lecturer at Hull School of Art and Design so was his mother Lavinia who was a teacher as well.
He attended Bramcote Prep School in Scarborough until age 13 after which he joined Ampleforth College following his graduation, he studied theology at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, graduating in 2007 with First Class Honours.
Norton has always had an interest in the divine and spirit since his childhood that his studies were principally focused on Hinduism and Buddhism. He then attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art(RADA) in London for three years, however, he left in 2010(just 6 months before graduation) to start his career as an actor.
He was also a member of the Marlowe Society theatre club at Cambridge.
James Norton's Acting Career Highlights
- James Norton started his career as an actor making his appearance in the film, "An Education" in 2009.
- He became an original cast member of Posh at the Royal Court Theatre in 2010.
- He starred as Captain Stanhope in the First World War drama, "Journey's End" in 2011.
- He played the role of Owen in the film, "Cheerful Weather for the Wedding" in 2012. The same year, he appeared in series, "Inspector George Gently" and "Restless".
- In 2013, he appeared as Guy Edwards in "Rush" and Oliver Ashford in "Belle".
- He got his breakthrough when he was cast for the main role as Tommy Lee Royce, the villain of the hit crime drama, "Happy Valley" in 2014.
- He played his first-ever starring role as crime-solving vicar Sidney Chambers in the ITV series, "Grantchester" from 2014 till 2019.
- In 2015, Norton played Duncan Grant in the BBC Two mini-series about the Bloomsbury Group, "Life in Squares".
- He then appeared as Prince Andrei Bolkonsky in the BBC miniseries of Andrew Davies' production of "War & Peace" in 2016.
- He also appeared in other movies including "Mr. Turner", "Bonobo", "Northmen: A Viking Saga", "Hampstead", "Flatliners".
- He has been playing the main role of Alex Godman in the crime drama series, "McMafia" since 2018.
- In 2019, he starred as Gareth Jones in "Mr. Jones" and as John Brooke in "Little Women".
- His recent works include his role as John in the film, "Nowhere Special"(2020) and as Stephen Ward in the series, "The Trial of Christine Keeler".
- In 2021, he starred in the main role of Hugo Swan in "sci-fi series, "The Nevers" and also as George Clare in the thriller film, "Things Heard & Seen".
James Norton's Dating and Relationship
James Norton isn't single anymore. He has been dating actress Imogen Poots for three years now. The couple reportedly met for the first time when they appeared alongside each other in the West End production of Belleville at the Donmar Warehouse in 2017. They kept it a secret until 2018 when they confirmed their relationship officially, they even appeared publicly at Cannes Film Festival.
Previously, James dated his War and Peace co-star Jessie Buckley from 2015 to 2017. Besides, James has repeatedly talked about his relationship with religion that he has been fascinated by theology since his childhood. He even has type 1 diabetes and suffered from coronavirus as well.
James Norton's Net Worth
James Norton has quite good earnings from his professional career as an actor. Having his career started with the film, "An Education" in 2009, James has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular Television actors in his decade-long career. His net worth is estimated to be around $4.5 million.
James Norton's Height
James Norton is a handsome man with a well-maintained body physique in his 30s. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 1inch.(1.85 m) while his body weighs around 85kg(187 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and green eyes. He has an athletic body physique with 41 inches as his chest size, 32 inches as his waist size, and 15 inches as his biceps size.
Trivias About James Norton You Need To Know.
- His ancestry is English, Irish, Scottish, German, Cornish, and Jewish
- To pursue a career in acting, he left the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) just 6 months before his graduation.
- He was made a trustee of the Royal Theatrical Support Trust in 2015.
- He is fascinated by the divine and religion.