Jamie Bell - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Personal Life, Wife, Family, Awards, Salary, Height, Nationality, Parents, Facts, Wiki, Children, Career, Birthday
An English actor and dancer, Andrew James Matfin Bell is excellently known as Jamie Bell. He made his film debut in the dance drama movie "Billy Elliot" in 2000 in which he played the title role whereas he made his first TV appearance in "Close & True" as Mark Sheedy in 1 episode. He also provided the voice of Tintin in "The Adventures of Tintin". He started dancing at age six while imitating his sisters. Bell gained a BAFTA Award nomination for his performance in "Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool" (2017). He can also be seen as Robert Ritter in the action thriller film, "Without Remorse" in 2021.
- Being an English actor and dancer.
- For playing Abraham Woodhull in period drama series "Turn: Washington's Spies".
What is the Birthplace of Jamie Bell?
On 14th March 1986, Jamie Bell took birth in Billingham, County Durham, England holding British nationality. He came from British-white ethnicity with the birth name of Andrew James Matfin Bell. Bell is an atheist and his race is white. He celebrated his 35th birthday in 2021 which is his present age. As per his birth date, his zodiac sign is Pisces. Jamie is the son of his father, John Bell, and his mother, Eileen Matfin. He also has one elder sister named, Kathryn. His father, a toolmaker, left before Jamie was born.
Talking about Bell's education, he attended Northfield School in Thames Street in his hometown. When he passed the audition to play the role of Billy Elliot, he altogether dropped out of school.
How was the Career of Jamie Bell?
- Jamie Bell jumps off his acting career starring in "Billy Elliot" in 2000 as well as he starred in "Close and True" in the same year.
- He then appeared in the role of disabled servant Smike in an adaptation of "Nicholas Nickleby" and a young soldier in "Deathwatch" in 2002 whereas he also starred in "Undertow", "Dear Wendy", "The Chumscrubber", "King Kong" in the following year.
- He starred as the title character in "Hallam Foe" in 2007 and appeared as himself in the lonelygirl15 spin-off "KateModern".
- Similarly, he can be seen in several films and TV series such as "Jumper", "Defiance", "The Adventures of Tintin", "The Eagle", "Snowpiercer", "Fantastic Four", "Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool" and many others.
- In 2019, Bell had a supporting role as Bernie Taupin in the biographical musical film based on the life of Elton John, "Rocketman".
- In 2020, he starred as Danny in "Cranston Academy: Monster Zone" and Robert Ritter in the 2021 film," Without Remorse".
Awards and Achievements
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role
- British Independent Film Award for Best Newcomer
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Young Performer
- Empire Award for Best Debut
- Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer
- London Film Critics' Circle Award for British Newcomer of the Year
- National Board of Review Award for Outstanding Young Actor
- Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor in an International Film
Whom is Jamie Bell Married to?
Married guy, Jamie Bell tied a knot with "Fantastic Four" co-star Kate Mara on 17th July 2017 with whom he has given birth to a daughter in May 2019. The duo took a break from isolation and appeared in high spirits when they enjoyed a welcome breath of fresh air amid coronavirus lockdown. Furthermore, Bell is straight by sexual orientation.
Jamie previously tied a knot with actress Evan Rachel Wood in a small ceremony on 30th October 2012 whom he met at the Sundance Film Festival. The pair was blessed with one son, born in July 2013. But later the couple announced that they had separated on 28th May 2014.
What is the Net Worth of Jamie Bell?
The net worth of versatile actor, Jamie Bell is $11 million as of 2021. He has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. Bell hasn't done endorsement for any major brands yet. His major source of income is from his acting and dancing career. With the potential that's in store in him, he can go miles. Bit of dedication and luck, he would definitely be unstoppable.
How tall is Jamie Bell?
Jamie Bell is 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm tall and his body weight is 65 kg or 143 lbs. He has black hair and blue eyes color. Bell looks attractive with an athletic body build with 38-14-31 inches of body measurement. Moreover, he isn't a big fan of gym workouts. He attributes his toned and muscular physique to his excellent metabolism and his love for tap dancing.
Trivias About Jamie Bell You Need To Know.
- Jamie doesn't like to watch any of his works because he always ends up being disappointed and if he likes his performance, then he worries about hitting a plateau.
- He began dancing at age six while imitating his sisters.
- He beat out Russel Crowe for Best Actor in the 2001 British Academy Awards.
- His grandmother, mother, aunt, and sister were all professional dancers.
- He is an atheist.