Jamie Chung - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Career, Height
Jamie Chung is an American actress as well as a reality TV personality. In 2004, she appeared in the 14th season of MTV’s reality television series The Real World: San Diego as herself. Jamie appeared in a total of 28 episodes. She debuted in films with the 2007 comedy film I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry as hooters girl. Though, it was a cameo role. In 2009, Jamie gave her voice to the character of Takara in the video game Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising. Later, in 2011, she again gave her voice to the X-Men: Destiny video game for the role of Aimi Yoshida. She has appeared in many TV shows and films including Grown Ups, The Hangover Part II, The Man with the Iron Fists, The Hangover Part III, A Year and Change, Batman: Soul of the Dragon, The Misfits, Days of Our Lives, Castle, CSI: NY, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Gotham, This is Us, and Dexter: New Blood. She also has a fashion blog called What the Chung?.
Jamie Chung Used a Surrogate Because She Was Terrified Pregnancy Would Hurt Her Career
Seven months after welcoming twin boys with husband Bryan Greenberg, Jamie Chung is opening up about her reasons for choosing surrogacy. “I was terrified of becoming pregnant," Chung told TODAY Parents in a candid interview published on June 8. "I was terrified of putting my life on hold for two-plus years. In my industry, it feels like you’re easily forgotten if you don’t work within the next month of your last job. Things are so quickly paced in what we do. So it’s a compromise that we made together as a couple.” Jamie Chung and Bryan Greenberg opted to keep their surrogacy journey private at first, sharing news of their sons birth on Instagram in October 2021. “We got double the trouble now,” Greenberg wrote alongside a video of their newborns. “I think there’s a little bit of shame. It’s still not a very common thing and we weren’t ready for judgment,” Chung said. “We really just did it to protect ourselves. We announced things when we were ready to." The pair have yet to reveal their sons' names.
What is Jamie Chung Famous For?
- Being a Korean-American actress and reality TV star.
- For her television appearances in the shows Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Inferno II (2005) and The Real World: San Diego (2004).
- For playing Nima in Premium Rush (2012), Lauren in The Hangover Part II (2011), and Amber Hilliard in Grown Ups (2010).
What is Jamie Chung Ethnicity?
Jamie Chung was born on 10th April 1983. Her birth name is Jamie Jilynn Chung. She is from San Francisco, California, the USA. Her father’s name is Tony Chung whereas her mother's details is still to get unfolded yet. She also has an older sister. Her ethnicity is Korean-American and she holds American nationality. Aries is her zodiac sign and she follows the Christianity religion. Her present age is 39 as of 2022. She graduated from Lowell High School in San Francisco, California in 2001. She attended the University of California in Riverside to receive a degree in economics. There, she was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. She graduated from the university in 2005.
Jamie Chung Career Timeline
- Jamie Chung initially appeared on "The Real World: San Diego" in 2004 in its 14 seasons.
- She next appeared on its spin-off game show, "Real World/Road Rules Challenge", as a cast member in that show's 2005 season, "The Inferno II".
- Then, she began her acting career with various minor roles in television and films, including as Cordy Han in ten episodes of "Days of Our Lives", as a Hooters girl in the 2007 comedy "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry", and in episodes of "CSI: NY" and "Veronica Mars".
- In 2008, she had her first major onscreen role, as the series lead in the ABC Family television miniseries "Samurai Girl.
- She had supporting roles in the 2009 feature films
- Sorority Row" and "Dragonball Evolution" as well as played the lead role in one of the segments of the movie "Burning Palms".
- Also, she starred in the Disney Channel TV movie "Princess Protection Program".
- She appeared in the 2010 film "Grown Ups" and had a supporting role in the 2012 martial arts film
- The Man with the Iron Fists".
- In March 2011, she played Amber in Zack Snyder's action-fantasy film "Sucker Punch".
- Also, she provided the voice of Aimi Yoshida in the video game "X-Men: Destiny".
- She rose to fame with the 2012 film "Premium Rush".
- She then starred as the lead in the independent film "Eden".
- Since 2012, she has appeared in the recurring role of Mulan in the television series "Once Upon a Time".
- In 2014, she co-starred in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" and provided a voice in "Big Hero 6".
- She reprised the role in 2019's "Kingdom Hearts III".
- She was cast as Blink in the Fox superhero series "The Gifted" in 2017.
- She plays a younger version of the character played by Fan Bingbing in the 2014 feature film "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
- In August 2020, she appeared in the HBO series "Lovecraft Country" as well as played the recurring character "Ji-Ah".
Awards and Achievements
- On April 2, 2009, Chung won the Female Stars of Tomorrow Award at the 2009 ShoWest industry trade show along with her Sorority Row castmates.
- At the 2012 Seattle International Film Festival, she won the Golden Space Needle Award for Best Actress for Eden.
How much is Jamie Chung Net Worth?
Jamie Chung is a talented and successful actress who has made a huge fortune appearing in movies and TV shows. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and she is satisfied with her earnings. As of 2022, her net worth is estimated to have $1 Million whereas her salary is in thousands of dollars. She is living a fancy lifestyle at present.
Who is Jamie Chung Husband?
Jamie Chung is a married woman to her handsome husband, Bryan Greenberg on 31st October 2015. Her husband, Bryan is an actor and musician. They started dating each other in 2012 and they engaged in December 2013. During a visit to Chung's hometown of San Francisco, Greenberg proposed to Chung by singing a song he wrote. Their lavish wedding ceremony took place in El Capitan Canyon resort, Santa Barbara, California and it was three days of celebration. On 24th October 2021, the couple announced that they were now the parents of twins, who were brought to term through the use of oocyte cryopreservation. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jamie Chung Height?
Jamie Chung is a beautiful actress with a height of 5 ft 6 inches and her body weight is 50 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair. She has a fair skin tone with a body figure of 33-23-34 inches. Her dress size is 2 US or 34 Eu. Her bra size is 32B. She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7.
Trivias About Jamie Chung You Need To Know.
- Her zodiac sign is Aries.
- In Hangul, her name is written as 정지린
- She started her acting career in 2004.
- She was once suffered from eczema.
- She writes for her own fashion blog, What the Chung?
- She has been trained in Taekwondo in the past.