Jamie Dimon - Bio, Net Worth, JPMorgan Chase CEO, Salary, Married, Wife, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Daughter, Nationality, Cancer, Religion, 60 Minutes
Jamie Dimon is a billionaire American business executive who is currently serving as the chairman and CEO of one of the largest banks of US, JPMorgan Chase. Dimon previously served on the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. He was also included in Time magazine's lists of the "World's 100 Most Influential People" for four years. Dimon is also one of the few bank chief executives to become a billionaire.
What is Jamie Dimon Famous for?
- Famous as the billionaire CEO and chairman of JPMorgan Chase.
Where is Jamie Dimon From?
Jamie Dimon was born on March 13, 1956, in New York City, New York, United States. His birth name is Jamie Dimon. His nationality is American. Dimon belongs to White ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Jamie is the son of Greek immigrant parents born to Theodore Dimon(father) and Themis Dimon(mother). His father and grandfather were stockbrokers at Shearson and his grandfather changed the family name from Papademetriou to Dimon. Besides, his father was an executive vice president at American Express. Jamie was raised along with his two siblings: an older brother, Peter and a twin brother, Ted.
Dimon graduated from Tufts University with a major in psychology and economics. After he graduated from Tufts, he worked in management consulting for two years and then he got enrolled in Harvard Business School.
While he was at Tufts, he was hired to work at Shearson and while at Harvard, he worked at Goldman Sachs. In 1982, he graduated from Harvard earning a Master of Business Administration degree as a Baker Scholar.
After he graduated from Harvard, he was offered by many investment banks but he soon was convinced by Sandy Weill and assigned as an assistant at American Express. Soon in 1985, Weill and Dimon both left the American Express.
Jamie Dimon Career Highlights
- Jamie Dimon served as the Chief Financial Officer of company, Commercial Credit(Primerica, Inc.) at the age of 30 only.
- In 1998, Dimon and Weill both formed a large financial services conglomerate, Citigroup but Dimon left within a year after he was fired by Weill.
- In March 2000, Dimon became the CEO of the United States' Fifth Largest Bank, "Bank One".
- In July 2004, Dimon became the president and chief operating officer of "Bank One" which was purchased by JPMorgan Chase.
- On December 31, 2005, Dimon was named CEO of JPMorgan Chase. A year later on December 31, 2006, he was named Chairman and President of the company.
- In March 2008, Dimon became a Class A board member of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- On October 28, 2008, he oversaw the transfer of $25 billion in funds from the U.S. Treasury Department to the bank under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
- In 2009, Dimon was considered one of "The TopGun CEOs" and he served as chairman of the executive committee of "The Business Council" for 2011 and 2012.
- In May 2012, Dimon described himself as "barely a Democrat".
- Dimon was one of three CEOs said by the Associated Press to have had liberal access to former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner.
- In December 2016, Dimon joined a business forum assembled by then president-elect Donald Trump to provide strategic and policy advice on economic issues.
- Currently, Jamie Dimon is boss to more than 256,000 employees worldwide, including more than 170,000 in the United States.
- On November 6, 2019, Dimon warned Elizabeth Warren, a Democratic presidential candidate and joined the chorus of Wall Street.
- On November 10, 2019, Dimon explained about getting worried about growing wealth inequality and also deflected questions about him making $31 million in 2018 in the 60 Minutes interview.
Who is Jamie Dimon Married to?
The 63 years old Jamie Dimon is a married man. Dimon is married to his beautiful girlfriend, Judith Kent. Kent and Dimon first met at Harvard Business School and then got married in 1983. The couple together has three children: all daughters, Julia, Lara, and Kara Leigh. Currently, the billionaire family is living a happy life.
Besides, Jamie was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2014. He received eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy ending in September 2014.
What is the Net Worth of Jamie Dimon?
Jamie Dimon has quiet a great earning through his professional career as the CEO of one of the world's largest banks, JPMorgan Chase. Dimon has managed to amass a wide fortune of amount worth in billion dollars as his current estimated net worth is $1.6 billion. Dimon is one of the richest billionaire businessmen in the world.
Dimon has a fortune worth $485 million stakes in his billion worth company, JPMorgan Chase. Dimon has been able to be a billionaire as he previously received a $23 million pay package for the fiscal year 2011. The paycheque for him was way more than any other bank CEO in the US.
For the year 2013, Dimon received $20 million in compensation for his work and 2017, he received $29.5 million. Dimon and his company made a $31 million profit in 2018 for which his full compensation includes a base salary of $1.5 million and $29.5 million.
How Tall is Jamie Dimon?
The billionaire personality, Jamie Dimon has a well maintained average body physique. He stands tall with a height of 1.78m while his body weighs around 75kg. Dimon has a fair complexion with grey hair and blue eyes.