Jane Fonda - Bio, Net Worth, Plastic Surgery, Religion, Hair, Children, Age, Facts, Movies and TV Shows, Book Club, Knee injury, Family, Husband
Famous well-known Actress, Writer, Political activist, fashion model as well as Fitness guru is named as Jane Fonda. Jane eventually stepped into the Hollywood and became legendary actress winning the several prestigious awards, including Oscars, that also not only once but twice. Jane started showing interest on acting after being cast on the theater production of the play “The Country Girl”. She has been actively involved in the industry since 1959 and since then she has worked in a number of high-profile movies. She has launched multiple exercise videos as well. She made her Broadway debut in the 1960 play "There Was a Little Girl", for which she received the first of two Tony Award nominations, and made her screen debut later the same year in "Tall Story". Later she rose in the fame in 1960s films such as Period of Adjustment (1962), Sunday in New York (1963), Cat Ballou (1965), Barefoot in the Park (1967) and more.
Gossips and Rumors:
Jane Fonda said, "I have always been curious. I’ve never really wanted to settle". President Richard M. Nixon opens a new HBO documentary about the actress and activist. “There was a time in my life, I think when I turned 60, that I did feel like it was a serial,” she says. “But by the time I finished writing my memoir, in 2006, then I (saw that there had been) different manifestations, but there’s a through-line that’s steady. I didn’t always see that before. I was trying to figure out who I was, and then I discovered, ‘Oh, I’ve always been brave. I’ve always been curious. I’ve never really wanted to settle'.
Jane Fonda Opens Up About Her Decision to Get Plastic Surgery
Best Known For:
- For starring in several critically acclaimed and commercially successful movies.
- For her activist work during the Vietnam War and later for the women rights and activity.
Early Life of Jane
Jane Fonda was born on 21st of December 1937 with a birth name of Lady Jayne Seymour Fonda. Her birth sign is Sagittarius. Jane is a native of New York City. She was a daughter of socialite Frances Ford Brokaw and award-winning theater and movie actor Henry Fonda. She spent her babyhood along with her brother Peter and maternal half-sister. She is of French, Scottish and English ancestry. Her mom committed suicide when she was just at the age of twelve. Later that year, her dad remarried Susan Blanchard; however, the marriage soon ended in divorce. By age 15, Jane was giving dance lessons at the Fire Island Pines, New York.
Moving towards her education, she completed her schooling through the Greenwich Academy and the Emma Willard School. She furthered her education through the Vassar College.
Body Features of Jane
Jane is very beautiful. Her body is slim build and has a tall height of 173 cm. She looks very attractive and smart with tall height. Her balanced weight is 57 Kg and has a healthy body. Her walking style is also very attractive which attracts a lot of people and has got a lot of followers. Her eye color is Blue and the hair color is Blonde. Her bra size is 34B and has a body measurement of 36-25-35 in.
Career of Jane
- Jane flew to Paris to study painting, dropping Vassar College. Upon returning to the USA, she started modeling career.
- She soon splashed into the covers of several glossy fashion magazines, including Ladies Home Journal, Vogue and Esquire.
- To make her career in acting, she began honing her acting talent at the Actors Studio.
- Coached by Lee Strasberg, Jane embarked on her movie career by appearing in 1960’s movie “Tall Story”.
- Her portrayal of prostitution, Bree Daniels in “Klute” earned Jane, her first Oscar.
- She nabbed her followed up Oscar in 1978 for portraying Sally Hyde in “Coming Home”.
- She followed this up with a number of successful movies, including “Comes a Horseman”, “California Suite”, “The China Syndrome”, “The Electric Horseman”, “On Golden Pond”, “The Morning After” and “Old Gringo” to name a few. In the year 2013, she received Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for her work in “The Butler”.
- Jane has made a number of appearances on small screen as well. She first worked on television in 1961, playing Gloria Winters on TV film “A String of Beads”.
- Since then she has appeared in series and movies, such as “9 to 5”, “The Dollmaker” and “The Simpsons”.
- She won a number of awards for her portrayal of Leona Lansing in the series “The Newsroom”.
- She also appears as the Co-lead in the series “Grace and Frankie”.
- In the year 2016, Fonda voiced Shuriki in Elena and the Secret of Avalor.
- She starred in her fourth collaboration with Robert Redford in the 2017 romantic drama film "Our Souls at Night".
- In the year 2018, she starred opposite Diane Keaton, Mary Steenburgen, and Candice Bergen in the romantic comedy film "Book Club".
- Apart from this, she has appeared in several documentaries as herself.
Net Worth of Jane
The net worth of this famous actress as well as a political activist is reported to be $200 million as of 2018 and hope to be $300 million as of 2019. She is earning a good amount of money from her work. Her major source of earning is from her acting. She is satisfied with her earning.
Affairs of Jane
Jane is a married woman. She wedded thrice in her lifetime but none of them proved to be a lifelong commitment.
Jane married Roger Vadim in the year 1965. Her first marriage lasted since 1965 to 1973. She and Roger Vadim have a daughter together.
Following her divorce, she tied a knot with politician and activist Tom Hayden in the year 1973. That same year, the couple gave birth to a son named Troy Garity. She adopted an African American girl, Mary Williams, unofficially.
After going through the divorce for the second time, she found peace in the arms of Ted Turner, a media mogul. However togetherness of a decade ended in 2001. The couple officially got divorced on the 22nd of May 2001.
In the year 2009, she began seeing record producer Richard Perry. The couple is still together. Apart from these, she has had a number of high-profile relationships with a number of well-known figures, including Donald Sutherland and Warren Beatty among others.
Support of Jane
Jane has worked hard to make needy people life easier. Jane supports a number of foundation and events, including Peace and Violence, V-Day, Oceana, Heifer International, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes and Alzheimer’s Association. In 2004, she founded a charitable corporation called Jane Fonda Foundation.
Stay connected with us for more information about her.
Trivias About Jane Fonda You Need To Know.
- Jane and her father hold the distinction of being the first father and daughter duo to be nominated for the Oscars in the same year (1982).
- In April 2005, she released her autobiography, My Life So Far, in which she divided her life into three parts, each 30 years long.
- At the book signing event for her autobiography in Kansas City in April 2005, a Vietnam War veteran spit tobacco juice on her face for her controversial stand on Vietnam War.
- In 2011, the Men’s Health magazine had her on the 9th spot in the list of “100 Hottest Women of All Time”.