Last updated on July 20th, 2022 at 03:49 pm
Facts About Jane Seymour
|72 Years Old
|Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg
|Place Of Birth
|Hayes, Hillingdon, England, United Kingdom
|Mieke Van Tricht
|Sally Frankenberg and Anne Gould
|Lewin Abraham Jacob Frankenberg and Sarah Zaions
|Tring Park School
|James Keach (1993 - 2015), David Flynn (1981 - 1992), Geoffrey Planer (1977 - 1979) and Michael Attenborough (1971 - 1973)
|Kristopher Steven Keach, John Stacy Keach, Sean Flynn
|1.63m (5 feet and 4 inches)
|50kg (110 lbs.)
|Bra Cup Size
|right eye is brown and her left eye is green in color
|$60 million (estimated)
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter
Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg known as Jane Seymour is a British-American actress. She is famous for her appearances in the James Bond series Live and Let Die. She is also famous for her portrayal of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman for which she won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress and also nominated for a Primetime Emmy and People's Choice Awards. She has also appeared in several films and TV series including 'Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger', 'Somewhere in Time', 'East of Eden', 'Lassiter', 'Onassis: The Richest Man in the World', 'In Case of Emergency', 'Let's Get Physical' etc.
She is a celebrity ambassador for Childhelp, a non-profit organization whose mission is to help victims of child abuse and neglect. She is also the official celebrity spokesperson of UNICEF. In February 2018, she posed for Playboy, making her third time posing for the magazine. At age 67, she was the oldest woman to be photographed for a magazine in its history.
Besides, she is quite active on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. She has around 194k followers on her Instagram account @janeseymour.
What is Jane Seymour famous for?
- Famous as Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
- Her appearances in the James Bond series Live and Let Die.
Where was Jane Seymour born?
Jane Seymour was born on February 15, 1951, in Hayes, Hillingdon, England in the United Kingdom. Her birth name is Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg. She chose the screen name Jane Seymour after the English queen Jane Seymour because it seemed more saleable. She was born to her father John Frankenberg who was a distinguished gynecologist and obstetrician and her mother, Mieke Van Tricht who was a Red Cross nurse. She has two younger sisters named Sally Frankenberg and Anne Gould. Lewin Abraham Jacob Frankenberg and Sarah Zaions were her paternal grandparents.
She holds both British and American nationalities and belongs to the White ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius and her religion is Judaism.
Regarding her education, she attended Tring Park School for the Performing Arts in Hertfordshire.
Jane Seymour Career Highlights
- Jane Seymour was a trained ballet dancer. She made her professional debut at the age of 13 with the London Festival Ballet but her dancing career ended due to her knee injuries.
- In 1969, she appeared uncredited in her first film, 'Oh! What a Lovely War'. In the following year, she appeared in her first major film role in the war drama, 'The Only Way' where she played Lilliam Stein, a Jewish woman seeking shelter from Nazi persecution.
- She also appeared as Winston Churchill's girlfriend Pamela Plowden in the 1972s British adventure drama war film, 'Young Winston', which was produced by her father-in-law Richard Attenborough.
- In 1973, she gained her first major television role as Emma Callon in the successful 1970s series 'The Onedin Line'. During this time, she also appeared as female lead Prima in the two-part television miniseries 'Frankenstein: The True Story'.
- The same year, she achieved international fame in her role as Bond girl Solitaire in the James Bond film, 'Live and Let Die' for which IGN ranked her as 10th in a Top 10 Bond Babes list.
- In 1975, She was cast as Princess Farah in the film 'Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger', the third part of Ray Harryhausen's Sinbad trilogy but the film was not released until its stop motion animation sequences had been completed in 1977.
- Seymour appeared as Derina in the Battlestar Galactica film and in the first five episodes of the television series.
- In 1980, she returned to the big screen in the comedy-drama film, 'Oh! Heavenly Dog' opposite Chevy Chase. The same year, she played the role of Elise McKenna in the American romantic fantasy film, 'Somewhere in Time' for which she nominated for Saturn Award as Best Actress.
- Also in 1980, she played the role on the stage of Constanze in Peter Shaffer's play 'Amadeus'.
- In 1981, she portrayed the role of Cathy Ames in the television film, 'East of Eden', which was based on the novel by John Steinbeck.
- In 1982, she appeared in the romantic adventure TV film, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel', along with Anthony Andrews and her Amadeus co-star Ian McKellen.
- In 1984, Seymour appeared nude in the spy film, 'Lassiter' along with co-star Tom Selleck but the film was a box office flop.
- In 1987, she was the subject of a pictorial in Playboy magazine, although she did not pose nude.
- In the following year, she got the female lead in the twelve-part television miniseries, 'War and Remembrance' which was the continued story from the miniseries The Winds of War.
- The same year, she played the role of Maria Callas in the biographical television film, 'Onassis: The Richest Man in the World'.
- In 1989, Seymour earned popular and critical praise for her role as Dr. Michaela "Mike" Quinn in the television series Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
- In 2004 and 2005, Seymour made six guest appearances in The WB series, 'Smallville', playing the role of Genevieve Teague the wealthy and scheming mother of Jason Teague.
- In 2005, she returned to the big screen appearing in the comedy film, 'Wedding Crashers', playing Kathleen Cleary.
- In 2006, she appeared in the short-lived The WB series, 'Modern Men'. The same year, she guest-starred as a law-school-professor on an episode of the CBS sitcom, How I Met Your Mother, and as a wealthy client on the Fox legal drama, Justice.
- In 2007, she guest-starred in the ABC sitcom, 'In Case of Emergency'. The same year, she played the role of Rachel Argyle in ITV's Marple: Ordeal By Innocence which was based on Agatha Christie's novel.
- Seymour played the role of Janet in the romantic comedy film, 'After Sex' in 2007. She was a contestant on season five of the US reality show, 'Dancing with the Stars' where she finished in sixth place along with her partner Tony Dovolani.
- In 2008, she appeared as Prudence Macintvre in the Hallmark Channel film, 'Dear Prudence' along with Jamey Sheridan and Ryan Cartwright.
- She guest-starred as Gloria Chambers in the crime drama TV series, 'Castle' in the episode of One Life to Lose in 2011. The same year, she appeared in a romantic comedy film, 'Love, Wedding, Marriage' along with Mandy Moore.
- In 2012, Seymour played the role of Vikki Tisdale in the Hallmark Movie Channel film, 'Lake Effects'. Also, she played the role of Carolyn in the comedy film, 'Freeloaders' in the same year.
- She appeared as Mimi in the American Girl series 'An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky' in 2013.
- In 2016, she starred as Florence Lancaster in Noel Coward's play 'The Vortex' which was presented in Singapore by the British Theatre Playhouse.
- The same year, she appeared in the romantic comedy film, 'Fifty Shaded of Black' which is a parody of the 2015 erotic romantic drama film Fifty Shades of Grey.
- In 2017, she portrayed the character of Maggie in the documentary drama film, 'Becoming Bond' which explores the early life and casting of Australian model George Lazenby as James Bond in the film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
- She appeared as Jamet in the television sitcom, 'Let's Get Physical' in 2018. The same year, she played the character of Corinne in the romantic comedy film Little Italy.
- In 2019, Seymour appeared in five episodes of Netflix's series, 'The Kominsky Method'.
- She portrayed the character of Diane in the family comedy film, 'The War with Grandpa' in 2020. She also appeared as Helen in the comedy-drama film, 'Friendsgiving' in the same year.
- Besides her acting career, she is a writer of self-help and Inspirational books including Jane Seymour's Guide to Romantic Living (1986), Two at a Time: Having Twins (2002), Temarkable Changes (2003), and Among Angels (2010).
- She has also co-written several children's books along with her then-husband James Keach for the This One'N That One series.
Jane Seymour Awards and Achievements
- Saturn Award for Somewhere in Time in 1981
- Golden Globe for East of Eden in 1982
- Emmy Award for Onassis: The Richest Man in the World in 1988
- Golden Globe for Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman in 1996
- OBE Officer of the Order of the British Empire in 2000
- Ellis Island Medal Of Honor in 2010
Who was Jane Seymour married to?
Jane Seymour has been married and divorced four times in her life. Firstly, she was married to Michael Attenborough who was the son of film actor and director Richard Attenborough. The couple got married in 1971 but the marriage was short-lived. The couple got divorced in 1973.
She then got married to businessman Geoffrey Planner in 1977 and the duo got divorced in 1978.
Seymour married David Flynn in 1981. The couple has two children together a daughter named Katherine Flynn who was born on February 7, 1982, and a son named Sean Flynn who was born on July 31, 1985. They divorced in 1992.
In the following year, Seymour married actor James Keach. On November 30, 1995, she gave birth to twins named John Stacy and Kristopher Steven. The couple announced their separation on April 12, 2013, but their divorce was finalized in December 2015. She is also the stepmother of Kalen Keach and Jenny Flynn.
After four failed marriages, Jane Seymour is in a romantic relationship with film producer David Green. The couple has been together since 2014 and now, they are enjoying their love life.
How tall is Jane Seymour?
Jane Seymour is a gorgeous lady with a fair skin tone in her 70s. She has a slim body build. She stands at 1.63m (5 feet and 4 inches) tall and her body weighs around 50kg (110 lbs.). Her body measurements are 35-24-34 inches. She wears a bra cup size of 35C. Her Shoe and dress sizes are 7(US) and 4(US) respectively. Her hair color is Light Brown. She has different colored eyes due to heterochromia. Her right eye is brown and her left eye is green in color. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Jane Seymour?
Jane Seymour has quite good earnings from her career as an actress. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $60 million. She also earns an extra amount from endorsement deals with different brands. She has also partnered with Kay Jewelers in designing various jewelry lines, notably the "Open Heart Collection" since 2008.
Trivias About Jane Seymour You Need To Know.
- She took King Henry VIII's third wife's name as her screen name.
- She is a celebrity ambassador for Childhelp USA.
- She is a official celebrity spokesperson for UNICEF.
- She has one green eye and one brown eye due to a condition known as heterochromia.
- At the age of 67, she became the oldest woman to be photographed for the Playboy magazine.
- She became a naturalized citizen of the USA in February 2005.