Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Janette Manrara
|39 Years Old
|Dancer , Choreographer , TV Presenter
|Place Of Birth
|Miami, Florida, the USA
|Florida International University
|15th July 2017
|Divides time for London and Miami
|$1 Million - $5 Million
|Source of Wealth
|5 ft or 152.5 cm
|49 Kg or 108 lbs
Cuban-American professional dancer, choreographer, and television presenter from Miami, Florida is named for Janette Manrara. She is famous for her work on the BBC One reality program "Strictly Come Dancing" and for her appearances on the US series "So You Think You Can Dance". She has also appeared on the American television series "Glee". Before her fame, she worked at a bank for nearly a decade. She performed in Burn the Floor in both the UK and US in 2010 and 2011. She has also worked as a choreographer for the 'Academy Awards', where she has danced with Jennifer Lopez. In June 2021, it was announced that Manrara would co-host "Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two" with Rylan Clark-Neal.
Janette Manrara to replace Zoe Ball on It Takes Two
Janette Manrara is stepping down as a professional dancer on Strictly Come Dancing, to replace Zoe Ball as host of its spin-off Strictly: It Takes Two. She will co-present the show, which goes behind the scenes of the celebrity dance competition, with Rylan Clark-Neal. She told BBC One's The One Show the "hardest part of accepting this amazing honour" was "I will not be dancing". "I don't want to well up because I have been welling up a lot today," she said. Manrara joined Strictly in 2013, dancing with Julien MacDonald, Jake Wood, Peter Andre, Melvin Odoom, Aston Merrygold, Dr. Ranj Singh, Will Bayley, and HRVY.
- Being a Cuban-American professional dancer, choreographer, and television presenter.
- For her appearances on the US series So You Think You Can Dance and British dance reality television competition, Strictly Come Dancing.
What is the Ethnicity of Janette Manrara?
Born on 16th November 1983, Janette Manrara's birthplace is in Miami, Florida, the USA. She holds American nationality and she belongs to the Hispanic ethnic background (Cuban-American) as she has Cuban ancestry. Her race is White. Janette's present age is 37 as of 2020. Scorpio is her Zodiac sign and she follows the Christianity religion. About her parents, she is the daughter of Luis Manrara (father), and Maritza Manrara (mother). She grew up with her siblings; Lesley Manrara (sister) and Alejandro Manrara (brother). She began performing in musical theatre at age 12, and started her formal dance training at 19, studying ballroom, ballet, pointe, jazz, and hip-hop.
Concerning her educational qualification, she attended Florida International University where she was studying Finance. Also, she attended dance classes in the past.
How was the Career of Janette Manrara?
- Initially, Janette Manrara auditioned for "So You Think You Can Dance" but she could not make it.
- She did not lose hope and again auditioned in season 5 where she made it through to the top 20 and paired with contemporary dancer Brandon Bryant. She received much praise from the judges; both Mia Michaels and Nigel Lythgoe.
- An Argentine Tango she performed with Bryant was the first dance on Season 5 to receive a standing ovation from the judges.
- Later, she was eliminated during week 7 along with contemporary dancer Jason Glover.
- Moreover, she returned as an All-Star to perform a Paso Doble with contestant Marko Germar during the show's eighth season.
- She then became a professional dancer on the British TV show "Strictly Come Dancing" in the year 2013. In its 11th series, she partnered with fashion designer Julien Macdonald becoming the third couple to be eliminated.
- Partnering with Jake Wood, she returned for the 12th series and made it to the Semi-Finals, and finished in 5th place overall.
- For the 13th series, she paired with TV personality Peter Andre becoming the 9th couple to be eliminated.
- Moreover, she performed a Quickstep with actor Ricky Norwood on the Christmas special in 2013.
- She took part in the 2016 "Strictly Come Dancing Live tour" with Phillip Barnett's series 12 partner Jake Wood.
- She was partnered with radio DJ Melvin Odoom for the 14h series. They were the first couple to be eliminated.
- For series 15, she was partnered with former JLS singer Aston Merrygold becoming the sixth couple eliminated in week 7.
- She was partnered with children's television and This Morning doctor Dr. Ranj Singh for the 16th series becoming the sixth couple to be eliminated.
- For series 17, Manrara was paired with Paralympic table tennis player Will Bayley.
- For series 18, she was paired with HRVY.
- She announced in June 2020 stating that she would be teaching & performing with Aljaz Skorjanec at Donahey's Dancing with The Stars Weekends in the year 2021.
- In 2020 Manrara and Aljaz Skorjanec announced dates for their 2021 UK Tour "Remembering The Oscars".
- Following her appearance on "So You Think You Can Dance", she joined the musical TV series, "Glee" as a principal dancer.
- She also made her "Burn the Floor-West End" debut at the Shaftesbury Theatre in London on 21st July 2010.
- What's more, she was also part of the Burn the Floor US cast, which toured the United States from late 2010 through May 2011.
- On 10th June 2021, it was announced that Janette would become the new presenter of "Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two" taking over from Zoe Ball who stepped down from the series earlier in the year.
Who is Janette Manrara married to?
Janette Manrara is a married woman. She married her longtime boyfriend-turned-husband, Aljaz Skorjanec. By profession, Aljaz is a Slovenian dancer, choreographer, and Burn the Floor co-star. Their wedding date is 15th July 2017. They had three wedding ceremonies, one each in London, Florida, and Slovenia, to include their elderly relatives who could not travel. Back in 2015, the duo engaged. As of today, the married duo is enjoying their present life happily without any kind of disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight. She divides her time, between London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
What is the Net Worth of Janette Manrara?
Janette Manrara is a professional dancer, choreographer, and TV presenter who is making cool money from her career. As of 2021, the net worth of Janette is estimated to have $1 Million - $5 Million. Whereas her exact salary has not been disclosed yet. Her major source of wealth comes from her dancing career and she is living a standard lifestyle.
How tall is Janette Manrara?
Janette Manrara's body build is slim. She has a perfect height of 5 ft or 152.5 cm. She has a bodyweight of 49 Kg or 108 lbs. She has a dark brown hair color with the same color of eyes. She has a lean physique with wide slim and thick eyebrows. She has got a very attractive body measurement as well.
Trivias About Janette Manrara You Need To Know.
- Janette was 12 years old when she started taking part in musical theatre.
- She has Cuban ancestry.
- She grew up with her siblings; Lesley Manrara (sister) and Alejandro Manrara (brother).
- She is a principal dancer on the hit show Glee in the past.
- Janette performed at the 82nd Academy Awards with actress Jennifer Lopez.