Facts About Jannie du Plessis
|Celebrated Name||Jannie du Plessis|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Jannie du Plessis|
|Birth Name||Jan Nathaniel du Plessis|
|Profession||Rugby Union Player|
|Place Of Birth||Bethlehem|
|Brothers||Bismarck du Plessis and Tabbie du Plessis|
|College / University||Grey College|
|University||University of the Free State|
|Wife||Ronel du Plessis|
|Daughter||Hele and Rosalie du Plessis|
|Son||Death By Drowning in the Swimming Pool|
|Net Worth||Between $1 Million - $5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rugby Career|
|Salary||Around $40,000 Annually|
|Height||1.88 m or 6 ft 2 in|
|Weight||121 kg or 267 lb; 19 st 1 lbs|
|Body Type||Muscular and Body Builder|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Chest Size||42 in|
|Waist Size||36 in|
|Bicep Size||18 in|
Jannie du Plessis is a rugby union player from South Africa who plays as a prop for Montpellier in the French Top 14 and the Lions in Super Rugby. Moreover, he has played for the Free State Cheetahs in the Currie Cup and the Cheetahs in Super Rugby until 2007, when he joined Durban-based side the Sharks, where he played until 2015. Moreover, he studied medicine and has worked as a doctor, making him one of the few players in the professional era of rugby union to have another career outside of the sport.
Springboks to play with Jannie du Plessis and family in mind
Springbok captain Siya Kolisi said playing for Jannie du Plessis when they play England on Saturday could be another form of inspiration for them. He lost his one-year-old son to a drowning accident on Tuesday. He had an impeccable record against England as a player, with six wins and one draw from the seven matches he played against them. Tributes for Du Plessis' son have been flowing from all parts of the rugby fraternity, with Kolisi saying their thoughts are with Du Plessis and his family. "It's been the talk of the week and it's really been tough," Kolisi said. "The guys who have been close to him have been speaking to him and they have been thinking about his family. "It makes you think of your own family. It's really tough, but our thoughts are with them. "It does give us motivation and even though it won't make much of a difference for him, but we will play for him and his family. He is a Springbok legend." The last encounter between the teams was the 2019 World Cup fin
What is Jannie du Plessis Famous For?
- Being a South African rugby union player.
- For winning 70 caps for South Africa between 2007 and 2015.
Where is Jannie du Plessis From? Everything That You Need To Know About Family, Siblings, and Education
Jannie du Plessis was born on 16th November 1982 in Bethlehem, Free State, South Africa. His full name or birth name is Jan Nathaniel du Plessis. He holds South-African nationality and his ethnicity is South-African-White. He was born in a well-settled family to his father, Francois du Plessis, and his mother, Jo-Anne du Plessis. He grew up with his two siblings; brothers namely Bismarck du Plessis and Tabbie du Plessis. He cut his 39th birthday as of November 16, 2021. His Zodiac sign falls under Scorpio and he is Christian as per his religious beliefs.
About his education, Jannie du Plessis attended Grey College in Bloemfontein. Later, he studied medicine at the University of the Free State and worked as a doctor, making him one of the few players in the professional era of rugby union to have another career outside of the sport.
Jannie du Plessis Career Timeline
- Jannie du Plessis initially showed promise as a rugby player and was named as captain of the Eastern Free State age-group team at Craven Week in the year 1995.
- He also played for Free State representative teams at under-18 and under-19 levels but he never represented South Africa at the junior level.
- It was in 2003, he made the senior Free State Cheetahs side and played for the Cheetahs through the 2007 Currie Cup.
- In 2006, he was named to a South African squad that faced a World XV at Ellis Park.
- He made his Super 14 debut in 2006 for the Cheetahs.
- Sadly, his 2007 Super 14 campaign was hampered by an ankle injury.
- After his recovery, he was selected for the Springboks squad for the first time during the 2007 Tri-Nations and made his debut in the starting XV on 7 July against Australia during the Boks' home leg. Also, his younger brother, Bismarck made his Boks debut as a substitute in the same match while he was still on the field. Thus, this made the Du Plessis brothers the 23rd set of brothers to earn Springboks caps.
- Then, he was called up to replace BJ Botha after Botha blew out a knee against the USA in the Boks' final pool match.
- He received the call notifying him of his selection from Springboks selection panel member Peter Jooste. When interviewed after his selection, he said that his first sleep since 29 September was "an hour or so on the plane from Bloemfontein to Cape Town", where he traveled to do his required paperwork before joining the Boks in France.
- On 7th October, he was starting for the Boks in their quarterfinal against Fiji, after CJ van der Linde was ruled out with a knee injury.
- He was in the squad of the 2007 Currie Cup final, in which the Cheetahs defeated the Golden Lions 20-18. He was the only member of the World Cup winners to play in enough Currie Cup matches to qualify for the final.
- Next, he joined three members of the 1995 Rugby World Cup winners as the only players to earn World Cup and Currie Cup winners' medals.
- As he studies medicine, he used his medical skills unexpectedly in 2009 of 29th March. In the early morning hours, Brumbies lock Shawn Mackay was hit by a car outside a Durban nightclub, suffering a paralyzing injury. There, he was at the scene because he was helping Brumbies players get back to their hotel after their match with the Sharks; he helped Mackay breathe and contacted emergency services, who stabilized him and rushed him to a hospital.
- Sadly, Mackay died from complications of his injuries several days later.
Who is Jannie du Plessis Wife?
Jannie du Plessis is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Ronel du Plessis. Like Jannine, Ronel is also from South Africa. Their exact married date, dating history, and how they meet each other details are still to get revealed yet as they both have not stated anything about it to the media. It seems Jannie wants to have a private family life. Only the fact is known that they have been married for a long time. The duo is also the proud parents of three children; two daughters namely Hele and Rosalie du Plessis and a son. Sadly, their son (one-year-old) namely Jan Nathaniël died after drowning in their home swimming pool while celebrating the 39th birthday of the ex-Springbok prop on Tuesday on 16th November 2021. Jannie and his partner are heartbroken after his demise. Even the sisters are heartbroken after losing their younger brother. Ronel is very supportive of her husband. The family is currently residing in Bethlehem, the northern part of the country. Prior to COVID-19, the family was residing in Johannesburg. His sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Jannie du Plessis Net Worth?
Jannie du Plessis is a South African rugby union player whose net worth is estimated to have between in the range of $1 million - $5 million as of 2021. His main source of wealth is from his rugby career and from the medical field being a doctor. Moreover, he also made a cool amount of money through endorsement deals. He is making an annual salary of $50,000. As a doctor, he earns around South African Rand 600,000 annually which is $40,000 per year when converted. Talking about his real estate and cars, Jannie has a luxurious mansion in the mining town of Krugersdorp near Johannesburg and he drives a Toyota Hilux which cost around $56,400. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
Jannie du Plessis Height and Weight: How tall is he?
Jannie du Plessis stands tall at the height of 1.88 m or 6 ft 2 in and his balanced bodyweight consists of 121 kg or 267 lb; 19 st 1 lb. He has a muscular bodybuilder body build. He has a pair of brown eyes and his hair color is light brown. He frequently goes to the gym to maintain his body. His body stats; chest size is 42 in, waist size is 36 in and biceps size is 18 inches as per reports. Overall, he has got good health.
Trivias About Jannie du Plessis You Need To Know.
- His birth name is Jan Nathaniel du Plessis.
- His Zodiac sign falls under Scorpio.
- He studied medicine and has worked as a doctor, making him one of the few players in the professional era of rugby union to have another career outside of the sport.
- He won 70 caps for South Africa between 2007 and 2015.
- In 2006, he was named to a South African squad that faced a World XV at Ellis Park.