Jannik Sinner Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Girlfriend, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Rankings, Career Earnings, Facts, Awards, Record
Jannik Sinner is an Italian professional tennis player. Having turned professional in 2018, Sinner won his first ATP title, the Sofia Open in 2020, becoming the youngest ATP title-holder. He won his second ATP title, the Great Ocean Road Open in 2021. After reaching his first ATP Masters 1000 final, he reached the career high ranking at No. 17 in the world.
What is Jannik Sinner Famous For?
- Popular Italian tennis player.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Jannik Sinner From?
Jannik Sinner was born on 16 August 2001. His birth place is in Innichen in Italy. He holds Italian nationality. He was born to his father, Johann Sinner, and his mother, Siglinde Sinner. His hometown is Sexten. He has a brother named Marc. He belongs to European white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Jannik Sinner Career
- Jannik Sinner started playing tennis and Skiing at the age of three. He was one of Italy's top junior skiers winning a national championship in giant slalom at the age of 8.
- He had given up tennis at the age of 7 to focus on skiing training. Tennis was his third sport after skiing and football.
- He decided to pursue tennis giving up skiing and football at the age of 13.
- He then left his family and moved to Bordighera to train at the Piatti Tennis Center under Riccardo Piatti and Massimo Sartori. He lived with one of his coaches, Luka Cvjetkovic's family.
- He later started full-time training.
- He began playing on the ITF Junior Circuit in 2016. He played only a few high-level tournaments and reached a career-high junior ranking at no. 133.
- He turned professional in 2018.
Source: [email protected]
- He finished the 2018 season at no. 551.
- He won his first ATP Challenger title in Bergamo in February 2019. He became the first person born in 2001 to reach a Challenger final. He also became the youngest Italian to win a Challenger title in history. He reached No. 324 in the ATP rankings.
- In 2019, he became the youngest player in five years to reach an ATP semifinal. He reached the top 100 for the first time in his career.
- He won the 2019 Next Gen ATP Finals defeating Alex de Minaur in the final.
- He finished the 2019 season at No. 78.
- He was named ATP Newcomer of the Year as well.
- He recorded his first Grand Slam main draw match win at the 2020 Australian Open. He defeated Max Purcell.
- He earned his first top-10 victory against the world No. 10 David Goffin in the Rotterdam Open.
- The rest of the season was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Source: [email protected]
- He defeated world No. 6 Stefanos Tsitsipas reaching the third round at the Rome Masters.
- He then reached the quarterfinals at the French Open, becoming the first to make quarterfinals on debut since Rafael Nadal in 2005.
- He finished the 2020 season winning his first ATP title, the Sofia Open. He defeated Vasek Pospisil in the final.
- He finished the 2020 season at No. 37.
- He won his career-second ATP title, the Great Ocean Road Open in 2021.
- He also set his best ten-match win streak. It came to an end in the first round of the 2021 Australian Open. He was defeated by Denis Shapovalov.
- He reached his first ATP Masters 1000 final at the Miami Open. He lost to Hubert Hurkacz in the final.
- The success in 2021 took him to the career-high ranking at World No. 17.
- He lost in the first round in Wimbledon to Marton Fucsovics.
Who is Jannik Sinner Dating?
Jannik Sinner is not married. The Italian tennis player is single at present. He is too young to get married and is focused on his tennis career. The young promising talent has a long career ahead of him. In a couple of years, he will date a beautiful girl.
How Tall is Jannik Sinner?
Jannik Sinner stands at a height of 1.88 m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 76 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is dark blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jannik Sinner Career Earnings and Net Worth?
Jannik Sinner is one of the promising tennis players. At 19, he has already won two ATP titles and reached the Masters 1000 final. To date, he has won $1,844,315 in career earnings. His income comes from prize money, bonuses, and endorsements. His net worth is estimated below $1 million at present. However, the young talent will make a good fortune out of his tennis career in the near future.
Did You Know?
- His parents work as a chef and a waitress at a ski lodge.
- He became the youngest player in the year-end top 80 since Rafael Nadal in 2003.
- He became the youngest quarterfinalist at the French Open since Novak Djokovic in 2006.
- He became the youngest Italian tour-level champion in the Open Era and the youngest player overall to win an ATP title since Kei Nishikori in 2008.
- He is the youngest to win back-to-back ATP titles since Rafael Nadal in 2005.
- He has been compared to Roger Federer for his calm on-court demeanor and all-court movement.
- He is also compared to Novak Djokovic for his good lateral movement.
- Former world No. 1 junior and tennis coach Claudio Pistolesi has praised Sinner's good lateral movement, which he attributes in part to Sinner's background in skiing.
- His primary coach is Riccardo Piatti and his secondary coach is Andrea Volpini.
- Andreas Seppi, Roger Federer, and Novak Djokovic are his tennis idols.
- He is a fan of the A.C. Milan football club.