Last updated on August 20th, 2023 at 05:38 am
Facts About Jared Leto
|Celebrated Name||Jared Leto|
|Age||51 Years Old|
|Nick Name||J, Jaro|
|Birth Name||Jared Joseph Leto|
|Profession||Actor , Musician , Singer|
|Place Of Birth||Bossier City, Louisiana|
|School||The School of Visual Arts and Emerson Preparatory School|
|Marital Status||Unmarried [In Relationship]|
|Girl Friend||Valery Kaufman|
|Father||Tony L. Bryant|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
|Net Worth||$ 100 million|
|Source of Wealth||Film and Music Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Jared Leto, a dynamic American actor additionally musician, is well praised for his noble and varied acting in movies counting ‘Requiem for a Dream’ and ‘Suicide Squad‘ as well as television dramas like ‘My So-Called Life’. He is very selective while picking the roles and his roles in the film are unique and widely acceptable. Besides these, he is a singer-songwriter and director. He is the lead vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, and the main songwriter for Thirty Seconds to Mars, a band he formed with his older brother Shannon Leto. He is also a businessman and has invested his money in California-based airline, Surf Air.
What is Jared Leto known for?
- An American dynamic actor, musician, singer-songwriter, and director.
- His noble and varied acting in movies counting ‘Requiem for a Dream’ and ‘Suicide Squad‘ as well as television dramas like ‘My So-Called Life’.
Where is Jared Leto grew up?
Leto was born in Bossier City, Louisiana to parents Constance Leto and Tony L. Bryant. His parents divorced when he was a child, and he and his older brother, Shannon Leto, lived with their mother and their maternal grandparents. His father remarried and committed suicide when Jared was eight. He is of American nationality. Furthermore, he belongs to a mixed ethnic background in English, Cajun/French, smaller amounts of Irish, German, Scottish, at least 1/512 Spanish, remote Dutch, and Mi’kmaq First Nations. He celebrated his 50th birthday in 2021 as per his birth date on 26th December 1971. Capricorn is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian.
Talking about his education, Leto dropped out of 10th grade. Later, he decided to return and focus on his education at the private Emerson Preparatory School in Washington, D.C. After developing an interest in filmmaking, he transferred to the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Additionally, he also enrolled at Philadelphia’s University.
When did Jared Leto pursue his music and acting career?
- He moved to Los Angeles in 1992 to pursue his career; he was looking for opportunities in both music and acting. He landed his first role in a cameo in the television show ‘Camp Wilder’ the same year.
- He played Jordan Catalano in the teen drama television series ‘My So-Called Life’ in 1994-95. His portrayal of the rebellious teen with an undiagnosed learning disability got him noticed.
- In 1995, he landed a small role in the drama film ‘How to Make an American Quilt’.
- He played the lead role in the film ‘The Last of the High Kings’ in 1996 which was a coming of age movie based on the experiences of a group of teenagers.
- He formed a rock band 30 Seconds to Mars in 1998 along with his brother Shannon Leto and recruited a few instrumentalists to complete the lineup. He served as the lead vocalist, songwriter, and guitarist for the band.
- In the 1999 drama film, ‘Girl, Interrupted’ he played the character of Toby Jacobs opposite Winona Ryder. His co-stars in the movie included big names like Angelina Jolie and Brittany Murphy.
- His first big breakthrough in films came in 2000 when he played drug addict Harry Goldfarb in the drama film ‘Requiem for a Dream’. He was nominated for several awards for this role.
- The band '30 Seconds to Mars' released their self-titled debut album in 2002. It was a concept album focusing on human struggles which received very positive reviews from critics.
- '30 Seconds to Mars' released their second album, ‘A Beautiful Lie’ in 2005. This album considerably differed from its predecessor in its music and lyrics and spawned three hit singles.
- His portrayal of killer Mark David Chapman in the biographical film ‘Chapter 27’ (2007) which depicted the murder of John Lennon was one of his most famous movie roles. The film attempted to explore the killer’s psyche.
- He starred in the 2009 science fiction drama film ‘Mr. Nobody’ as Nemo Nobody, the last mortal on the Earth who at the age of 118 narrates the main events in his life.
- The album ‘This is War’ was released by the band in 2009. It reached No. 18 on the Billboard 200. The band members embarked on an extended worldwide tour to promote the album.
- The band’s latest album, ‘Love, Lust, Faith, and Dreams’ was out in 2013. It was a concept album having four segments, one for each of the themes that make up the album’s name. It peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
- In 2014, Leto premiered the documentary series Into the Wild, which tells the story behind the concert tour of the same name by Thirty Seconds to Mars that propelled the group into areas around the world and was certified by the Guinness World Records as the longest-running tour in the history of rock music.
- In 2015, it was announced that Thirty Seconds to Mars were working on their fifth studio album. In December of that year, Warner Bros. confirmed that Leto would play the role of the Joker in Suicide Squad (2016), a supervillain film based on the comic book series of the same name. The film opened to generally negative reviews from critics, but Leto's performance was praised despite his character's limited screen time. In April 2016, it was announced that Leto would appear in the film The Outsider (2018), directed by Martin Zandvliet.
- In August 2016, Thirty Seconds to Mars revealed they had signed to Interscope Records and confirmed that a new album will be released in 2017. That same month Leto was cast as the villain Neander Wallace in the 2017 film Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to Blade Runner. Leto later also appeared in 2036: Nexus Dawn, a promotional short film that takes place before Blade Runner 2049 directed by Luke Scott and co-starring Benedict Wong.
- In February 2018, the band officially announced the Monolith Tour with Walk the Moon, Misterwives, K. Flay, Joywave, and Welshly Arms. Thirty Seconds to Mars later confirmed America as the title of their fifth album, which was released on April 6, 2018. The album received polarizing reviews from critics and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, becoming the band's highest entry on the chart.
- Next, he appeared in a documentary film, A Day in the Life of America which was released in January 201.
- Also, he appeared as the suspected serial killer Albert Sparma in John Lee Hancock's 2021 film The Little Things.
- He portrays fashion designer and business magnate Paolo Gucci in Ridley Scott's biographical crime drama film House of Gucci.
- He plays Adam Neumann alongside Anne Hathaway in Apple+'s 2022 WeCrashed about the rise and fall of WeWork.
- In November 2017, Sony Pictures announced plans for a film adaptation of Morbius, the Living Vampire, which will be part of Sony's Spider-Man Universe. On June 27, 2018, it was announced that Leto will star, and Daniel Espinosa will direct. The film is was released on 1 April 2022.
- In August 2020, it was announced that he would star as the character Ares in the yet-untitled "Tron 3" film, the sequel to 2010's "Tron: Legacy", which he later confirmed on his Instagram.
- On 28th January 2021, it was announced that he would star in a film directed by Darren Aronofsky titled "Adrift", in their first project together since "Requiem for a Dream".
Has Jared Leto won the awards?
Leto won the Academy Award for the best supporting actor for his role as a transgendered woman named Rayon in the film ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ in 2014. All in all, he has 68 wins and 119 nominations to his name. He won the Golden Globe in 2014 and AAFCA Award in 2013. Some other award nominations that he has garnered are Bravo Otto Germany, Best Music Video Award, CFCA Award, Dorian Award, and others. Furthermore, he has won EDA Award, Austin Film Critics Award, ACCA, BFCC Award, BOFCA Award, and more.
Is Jared Leto dating someone or not?
Jared is unmarried but dated several ladies counting Charlie’s Angels actor Cameron Diaz, The Avengers star Scarlett Johansson, Ashley Olsen, and several singers like Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Valery Kaufman. He was also seen with a singer, Halsey. As per sources, Leto and Kaufman "over the years, things seem to have turned romantic. They have been off and on now for a few years, but seem to spend more time together lately." The two have been photographed together over the years but only rarely. They were shot alongside each other in July 2017, February 2018, February 2020, and September 2020. Kaufman has met family though. It seems they are enjoying their life happily.
Jared is also active in doing humanity's works. He is associated with several charities, prominently Habitat for Humanity. During periods of extreme physical hazards like earthquakes and tsunamis, he and his band partners create it a point to collect money and donate towards relief work.
How much is Jared Leto net worth?
Actor and musician Jared Leto have amassed a massive salary throughout his career. As per sources, Jared Leto has an estimated net worth of $100 million as of 2022. His salary and career earnings are still to get unfold yet. His main source of wealth is from acting and singing career.
Leto has a few houses in LA. Variety reported he sold one of his LA houses for $2.05 million to British sister-duo Cara Delevingne and Poppy Delevingne in June 2017 which was $51k more than its asking price. Leto bought the house in 2006 for a massive $1.65 million.
In 2015, Leto bought a former Los Angeles Military Compound for $5 million. The house stands at 50,000 square feet and has 8 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
In February 2022, he appeared in Gucci's ad campaign for "Love Parade" along with Jungjae Lee, Liu Wen, Miley Cyrus, and many more.
How tall Jared Leto is?
Talking about his body measurement, Leto has a height of 5 feet 11 inches. Additionally, he weighs around 148 lbs. Furthermore, his hair color is light brown and his eye color is blue. In addition, his shoe size is 11 (US).
Trivias About Jared Leto You Need To Know.
- All of Leto's tattoos are related to his band, 30 Seconds to Mars.
- Leto began acting upon moving to Los Angeles from New York City because he felt he could get a job as a director if he did some acting first.
- Leto believes the future of technology will resemble science fiction.