Jas Waters Writer - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Cause of Death, Dies at 39, Suicide, Family, Parents, Age, Wiki, Facts, Height, Career, Early Life, Married
Jas Waters was an American writer, director, TV personality, author, and former journalist. She is best known for writing family comedy-drama TV series, This Is Us and comedy-drama TV series, Kidding. She also ran her own blog for 3 years, which averaged 700,000 views per day.
Waters died at the age of 39 on 10 June 2020 in Hollywood, California. Her death was mourned by several of her fellow writers.
She had over 34.1k followers on her Twitter handle.
What is Jas Waters Famous For?
- The writer of the popular TV series, This Is Us and Kidding.
Where is Jas Waters From?
Jas Waters was born on 21 December 1981. Her birthname is Jasmine Waters. Her birth place is in Evanston, Illinois in the United States. She held an American nationality. She belonged to African-American ethnicity. Her religion was Christianity. As she maintained her personal life away from the limelight, information about her parents and siblings is not available at present. Once we gather more information about her parents, siblings, and early life, we will update our article.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Columbia College Chicago.
Jas Waters Career Timeline
- Jas started was one of the story editors on comedy-drama tv series, Kidding. Popular comedian-actor Jim Carrey starred in the series.
- The second season of the series premiered in February 2020.
- Jas Waters edited/wrote 11 episodes of the series.
- She also staffed the production of the family comedy-drama TV series, This Is Us between 2017 and 2018.
- She wrote/edited 18 episodes of the series.
- Waters worked in film productions including Spiderman 1 & 2, Hardball, Save The Last Dance, Barbershop 1 & 2.
- She has also worked in television productions, MTV's Real World and NBC's Er.
- She created her own entertainment blog in 2007. Her blog which ran for 3 years averaged 700,000 views per day.
- She co-starred in the VH1 reality series, GOSSIP GAME in 2013. The series chronicles the lives of several women in the hip-hop fraternity.
- She had starred in the YouTube web series, JUMPOFF.
- She wrote 4 episodes of Comedy Central's Hood Adjacent.
- She wrote an episode of VH1's The Breaks in 2017.
- As a journalist, She landed her own column in VIBE magazine in 2012.
- She has interviewed Warren Buffet, Jay-Z, Joan Rivers, Drake, Spike Lee, DMX, Will Packer, and Jeezy among several others.
- She was an executive producer on #DREAMmix. It is an inspiring mixtape featuring Kendrick Lamar, Common, Swizz Beatz, and Mona Scott-Young.
How Did Jas Waters Die?
Jas Waters died on 10 June 2020. She died at the age of 39. The cause of death of Waters has not been announced yet. Her death was confirmed by Sade Sellers, her friend, and fellow-writer. Sellers wrote on Twitter,
"Absolutely devasted to confirm @JasFly's passing. She was such a light. Offered me advice about writing so many times- Prayers to her family.
Fellow Journalist Sowmya Krishnamurthy paid tribute to Waters via a tweet that wrote,
"If you are in the industry, you know @JasFly... a motivating energy and dope woman in hip-hop. Today hurts."
ThisIsUsWriters paid their tribute via Twitter,
"The entire #ThisIsUs family was devasted to learn of Jas Waters passing. In our time together, Jas left her mark on us and ALL over the show. She was a brilliant storyteller and a force of nature. We sen our deepest sympathies to her loved ones. She was one of us. RIP @JasFly.
Jas Waters Relationship Status
Jas Waters was never married. Not much information about her personal life is available. She maintained her personal life very private. She might have been dating someone who would certainly come forward to mourn Waters's death. Any development in her personal life, we will update it ASAP.
Jas Waters Height
Jas Waters had a height of 1.75 m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. She had a slim body build. She had a body weight of 67 kg.
Her eye color was dark brown and her hair color was black.
Jas Waters Net Worth
Jas Waters earned from her writing career. She has worked for several film and tv productions. She spent the majority of her career in productions behind the camera rather than acting. Not much information about her wealth, income, and salary is available at present. Thus, her net worth is not available for now.
Trivias About Jas Waters You Need To Know.
- Jasmine Waters was a movie fan and her father regularly took her to watch movies on theatres.
- Her favorite interview she conducted was conducted over the phone with rapper Jeezy.
- Her philosophy was "You can have anything you're willing to work for."