Jason Donovan - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Wife, Kids, Songs, Age, Height
Jason Sean Donovan, excellently known as Jason Donovan is an Australian actor and singer. He first rose to prominence on the soap opera "Neighbors" before pursuing a musical career. He has starred in many musicals as a stage actor, including starring in the title role in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". His album "Ten Good Reasons" has sold more than 1.5 million copies. He has also had four UK #1 singles, including "Especially for You," "Too Many Broken Hearts," "Sealed with a Kiss," and "Any Dream Will Do." He is also the winner of the Australian Showbusiness Ambassador Award. Additionally, Jason competed in the thirteenth series of "Dancing on Ice", paired with Alexandra Schauman in 2021. He has also gained an awesome fan base on his social media as he has gained more than 117K Followers on his Instagram account and over 188.1K Followers on his Twitter account.
What is Jason Donovan Famous For?
- Being an Australian actor and singer.
- For appearing in the Australian soap "Neighbours".
What is Jason Donovan's Real Name?
Jason Donovan opened his eyes for the very first time on 1st June 1968 in Malvern, Victoria, Australia. His real name is Jason Sean Donovan and his nationality is Australian. He came from a mixed ethnic background. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Jewish religion and his race is white. Jason's present age is 53 which he celebrated back in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Gemini. He is the son of Australian actress Sue McIntosh (mother) and British-born veteran stage and television actor Terence Donovan (father). He also has a half-sister named Stephanie McIntosh. Following his parents' separation and divorce, Jason's father was awarded full custody of him in 1973 and brought him up on his own. Jason has had no contact with his mother since the divorce.
Talking about Donovan's education, he attended De La Salle College Malvern.
Jason Donovan Career Timeline
- Jason Donovan began his acting career starring in a guest role on the Australian series "Skyways" in 1980 at the age of 11 after which he appeared in the series I "Can Jump Puddles" (1981) and "Golden Pennies" (1985) before entering the cast of "Neighbours" in 1986 as Scott Robinson.
- He appeared as "Happy Houston" in the 1988 Australian World War II mini-series "The Heroes" and left "Neighbours" in 1989.
- Then he launched his first single, "Nothing Can Divide Us" in 1988 whereas his next single was a duet with Minogue. "Especially for You" was released in December 1988.
- In May 1989, he released his debut album, "Ten Good Reasons" and took part in Band Aid II's version of "Do They Know it's Christmas" in the December of the following year.
- He released his second album, "Between The Lines", in May 1990 and continued to act alongside his pop career, and in 1990 he appeared in his first feature film, "Blood Oath".
- He was seen as the lead role in the "Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in 1991 and moved to Polydor Records and released his third album, "All Around The World" (1993).
- Besides, he admitted that by 1995 he had a serious drug problem, taking around three grams of cocaine a day as he suffered a drug overdose at model Kate Moss's 21st birthday party at The Viper Room in Los Angeles in early 1995.
- He later starred in the Australian TV film "The Last Bullet" in 1995 and took the lead role of Dr. Frank N. Furter in the UK touring production of "The Rocky Horror Show" in 1998.
- Also, he has lent his voice to the "Buzz!" series of quiz video games since 2003 and he was headlining in the stage musical "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" at the London Palladium in late 2004.
- Subsequently, he took part in "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!" in 2006 and finished in 3rd place, and appeared in ITV's post-watershed soap opera "Echo Beach" in 2008.
- He also presented "Sunday Night with Jason Donovan" and performed as Tick (Mitzi) in the London stage musical production of "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" in 2009.
- As well, he took part in the BBC television series "Who Do You Think You Are?" in September 2010 and his fifth studio album, "Soundtrack of the 80s" was released in October of the same year.
- He also voiced the part of Toby the Kangaroo in the environmental animated film "Animals United" and starred in the BBC series "Ready, Steady, Cook" in February 2011.
- He released a new album of covers, "Sign Of Your Love" in March 2012 and appeared as a judge on ITV's talent search show "Superstar".
- He revealed in January 2015 that he was invited to return to "Neighbours" for the show's 30th-anniversary celebrations, but he declined the offer, adding "it's just not something I want to do".
- He agreed to take part in the documentary special "Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite", which aired in Australia and the UK in March 2015.
- He later returned to the London Palladium in a new production of Joseph and the "Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in summer 2019 however, the production has been postponed to summer 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- He was due to make his pantomime debut as The Evil Ringmaster in "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" at the Birmingham Hippodrome for Christmas 2020. He also competed in the thirteenth series of "Dancing on Ice" in 2021. But, he withdrew from the competition in week 6 due to a back injury.
- Recently, Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan will return to Australian soap opera "Neighbours" for its finale after an absence of more than 30 years, the soon-to-be axed show's creators said Sunday. The final episodes are expected to air in September 2022. The show's executive producer Jason Herbison announced the return of Minogue and Donovan's characters, Charlene and Scott, in a message on Twitter. "Scott and Charlene are the ultimate Neighbours couple and it would not feel right to end the show without them," he wrote. "We are thrilled that Jason and Kylie have come home to play a very special part in our series finale."
To whom Jason Donovan is Married?
Jason Donovan is a married man. He tied a knot with Angela Malloch, with whom he has three children. They currently live in West London and Oxfordshire. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. Angela's supportive of him and the profession that he is in. There's much love between the two. Concerning Jason's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Jason Donovan's Net Worth?
Jason Donovan has established himself an identity and he's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. He has a net worth of $10 million as of 2022 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. Besides, Jason earns some amount through endorsements, advertisements, and sponsorships of several brands and companies. In addition, his major source of income is his acting and singing career.
What is the Height of Jason Donovan?
Jason Donovan stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 11 in / 180 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 170 lb / 77 kg. He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average. Jason has maintained his shape over the years with the regular exercise it seems.
Trivias About Jason Donovan You Need To Know.
- He first rose to prominence on the soap opera Neighbors before pursuing a musical career.
- He raised three children with his wife Angela Malloch, whom he married in 2008.
- He sang "Especially for You" as a duet with Kylie Minogue.
- He has also had four UK #1 singles, including "Especially for You," "Too Many Broken Hearts," "Sealed with a Kiss," and "Any Dream Will Do."
- His album Ten Good Reasons has sold more than 1.5 million copies.