Jason Garrett - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Family, Facts, Wiki, Height, Salary, Team Coached, Nationality, Kids, Job, Football Career, College, Record
Jason Garrett is an American football coach and former player who is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He was the offensive coordinator and assistant head coach of the Cowboys before being promoted to interim head coach after the firing of Wade Phillips on November 8th, 2010. Let's know more about him nearly and his success in the sports industry through this article.
What is Jason Garrett famous for?
Jason Garrett is best known as the football head coach of the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He was also a professional American football quarterback in the NFL for the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Miami Dolphins. He played college football at Princeton University.
How old is Jason Garrett?
Recalling his early life, Jason was born in the year of 1965 as a Jason Calvin Garrett. Currently, he aged 53 years old. He celebrates his birthday on March 28th of every year. He holds American citizenship and belongs to white ethnicity. His birth sign is Aries. He was raised in Abington, Pennsylvania with his parents; Jane Garrett and Jim Garrett. His father Jim, was a football player, coach, and scout. He died on February 9, 2018, at the age of 87.
He has seven other siblings. His brothers John and Judd played in the World League of American Football. Judd made second-team All-World League in 1991 after leading the league in catches.
Where did Jason Garrett go for education?
Regarding his education, Jason attended kindergarten through second grade at Holy Cross School in Rumson, New Jersey. After that, he went to prep school at University School in Hunting Valley, Ohio, and was a letterman in football, basketball, and baseball. He graduated from University School in 1984.
Did Jason Garrett ever play in the NFL as a player?
- Garrett began as the starting quarterback of the freshman team after joining Princeton and he recorded 64 completions on 116 attempts for 996 yards.
- He later transferred to Columbia University when his father became the head coach in 1985. Later after his father resigned after Columbia’s 0–10 1985 season, Jason and his brothers, Judd and John transferred to Princeton University, although none played varsity in 1986.
- Garrett focused on running the scouts team. The following year as a junior, Jason was named the starting quarterback. He received the Asa S. Bushnell Cup as the Ivy League Player of the Year and also earned a degree in history in 1989.
- He completed his college career completing 366 of 550 passes (66.5%) for 4,274 yards and 20 touchdowns. He continues to hold the Ivy League career record for completion percentage with 66.5% (366–550).
- He was a part of the 1993 and 1995 Super Bowl-winning teams. In eight seasons with the Cowboys, he played in 39 games and completed 165 of 294 passes (56.1%) for 2,042 yards, 11 touchdowns, and five interceptions. His 1988 percentage of 68.2% (204–299) stood as the league record until 2000, when Gavin Hoffman posted a 70.5% mark.
What does Jason Garrett do now?
- After retiring as a player, he became the quarterback's coach for the Miami Dolphins in the 2005 season under head coach Nick Saban.
- He was named as interim head coach of the Dallas Cowboys on November 8th, 2010. This was after fourth-year head coach Wade Phillips was fired after a 1–7 start for the 2010 season.
- He won his first game as a head coach on November 14, beating New York Giants by a score of 33–20 in the Meadowlands. The week after that, he led the Cowboys to a 35–19 victory over the Detroit Lions, their first home win all season.
- He finished with a 5-3 record down the stretch. He was officially named the 8th head coach in Cowboys history on January 6, 2011. Garrett is the first former Cowboys player to hold the post.
- On January 13th, 2015, Jerry Jones, Cowboys owner, came to an agreement of a contract with Garrett. The contract would keep him in Dallas for 5 more years paying him $30 million. He has now head-coached the Cowboys longer than any other coach except Tom Landry.
- In 2015, the Cowboys finished with a 4-12 mark. They, however, bounced back in 2016 with their best record under Garrett (13-3). This was with the emergence of rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott.
- The Cowboys earned the #1 NFC spot in the playoffs and a first-round bye. However, they lost the game 34-31. Garrett was named the NFL Coach of the Year for the 2016 season.
- The Dallas Cowboys finished the 2017 season with a 9-7 record and missed out on the playoffs. This was partially because star running back Ezekiel Elliott was suspended for 6 games.
- In 2018, the Cowboys bounced back from a disappointing 3-5 record at the bye week to win 7 of their last 8 games. They clinch the NFC East for the 3rd time since Garrett became the head coach.
When did Jason Garrett get married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Jason was married to Brill Garrett in 1994 during his time with the Miami Dolphins. They both attended Princeton University but Grill graduated a year before Jason in 1988. Together, the pair live 25 years but the couple has no kids yet. Even though, they live a blissful life till dates and no sign of separation and divorce at all.
What is Jason Garrett's net worth?
Being a player and coach of football, Jason earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. Based on online reports his estimated net worth said to be $12 million and his salary is $6 million at present.
How tall is Jason Garrett?
Observing his body statistics, Jason stans a height of 6 feet 2 inches with an athletic body build. He weighs around 95 Kg. He has a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.