Last updated on August 22nd, 2023 at 05:01 am
Facts About Jay Inslee
|72 Years Old
Jay Inslee is an American politician, lawyer, and author who is currently the 23rd governor of Washington DC, the capital city of the United States. He has also served in the United States House of Representatives from 1989 to 1993 and from 1999 to 2012.
At present, he is one of the candidates to be the new US president in 2020.
What is Jay Inslee famous for?
- Famous as the present Governor of Washington DC.
- Jay Inslee is one of the candidates of the upcoming 2020 U.S. Presidential election against Donald Trump and other politicians. He announced his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for President on March 1, 2019.
- Previously, he also had garnered national attention by challenging the Trump Administration's order back in 2018.
When was Jay Inslee born?
Jay Inslee was born on 9th February 1951 in Seattle, Washington DC, US. His birth name is Jay Robert Inslee. American is his nationality. His ethnicity is English. Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
He was born to Frank E. Inslee(father) and Adele A. Brown(mother). He is the oldest of three sons of his parents. His father was a football coach while his mother was a sales clerk at Sears.
He was raised in his hometown, Washington DC along with his brothers. He did his schooling from Ingraham High School. He also played basketball during his school days. His basketball team also won a state championship title.
He graduated with BA in Economics from the University of Washington in 1973. Later, he attended Willamette University School of Law and graduated with a J.D degree in 1976.
He became interested in politics after he advocated for the construction of a new high school in 1985.
How is Jay Inslee's career?
- Jay Inslee started his professional political career after he stood up in the election of the Washington House of Representatives back in 1988 after the resignation of Jim Lewis.
- He then got elected as the new Washington House of Representatives in 1988 and he remained in the post till 1993.
- He represented Washington's 4th congressional district in the central-eastern part of the state after being elected to United States Congress in 1992.
- In the year 1994, he lost his bid for re-election in the Republican Revolution of 1994 in a rematch against Doc Hastings.
- In 1996, he was appointed as the regional director for the United States Department of health and human services by former US president, Clinton.
- He again represented the 1st congressional district against Rick White in 1998 and he defeated White in the election as his campaign attracted national attention. He defeated former state representative, Joe Marine in the 2002 election and he was reelected in the post for three more times.
- In 1999, he again became the US House of Representative and stayed in the post until 2012.
- Gary Locke announced that Inslee wouldn't seek a third term as Washington's Governor and he decided to remain in Congress in July 2003.
- He was re-elected for the post of US House of Representatives in 2010. He left Congress on 20th March 2012 to focus on his campaign for governor of Washington.
- He won the election for governor of Washington and became the 23rd Governor of Washington in 2013.
- He also was elected to serve as finance chair o the Democratic Governors Association in 2013.
- In 2014, he gave a speech commending mechanisms, allowing the company to build aircraft.
- On 8th November 2016, he was re-elected as governor of Washington after defeating Bryant.
- He garnered national media attention during the lawsuit in 2017. In 2019, he announced he would be introducing healthcare in Washington.
- He officially launched his presidential campaign on March 1, 2019, and at present, he is working for his election.
Who is Jay Inslee married to?
The present governor of Washington, Jay Inslee is married to Trudi Inslee. They tied a knot with each other on 27th August 1972. The couple has three sons: Joe Inslee, Connor Inslee, and Jack Inslee. He is the grandfather of three grandsons.
His family currently resides in Washington DC. He is also active in social media with 70.4 k followers on Twitter.
What is the net worth of Jay Inslee?
The American politician, Jay Inslee has an estimated net worth of $7 million USD and an annual salary of $170k USD with a $43k annual congressional pension in 2019.
He has good earning from his governor post.
How tall is Jay Inslee?
The 68 years aged, Jay Inslee has a well-maintained body. He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and green eyes. the height and weight is Unknown.