Facts About Jay Leach
|Celebrated Name||Jay Leach|
|Age||43 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jay Christopher Leach|
|Profession||Ice Hockey Player|
|Place Of Birth||New York|
|Education||Will Add Soon|
|Net Worth||$5 Million-$10 Million|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Source of Wealth||Coaching Career|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
Jay Christopher Leach famed as Jay Leach is an American former professional ice hockey player and currently the head coach of the Providence Bruins in the American Hockey League. Moreover, he is a former captain of the Albany Devils. Overall, he is a very talented person.
What is the birthplace of Jay Leach?
On 2nd September 1979, Jay Leach was born in New York, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His other early life details will be added soon once we get information regarding his education, parents and more. He is Christian by religion. He celebrated his 40th birthday with his friends as of 2019.
What was the Career of Jay Leach?
- Jay Leach was drafted in the fifth round (115th overall) by the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Later, he signed as a free agent with the National Hockey League's Boston Bruins on September 26, 2003.
- He appeared in his first two NHL games during the 2005-2006 season, collecting no points and seven penalty minutes.
- He spent most of his time in the Bruins organization with their AHL affiliate in Providence.
- He was signed as a free agent by the Tampa Bay Lightning on 3rd July 2007.
- He played in two games for the Lightning during the 2007-2008 season but spent most of the season in the AHL.
- He was traded to the Anaheim Ducks on 26th February 2008.
- During the summer of 2008, he signed with the New Jersey Devils.
- He was claimed by the Montreal Canadiens on re-entry waivers from the Devils on 6th November 2009.
- Due to a high number of injuries to Canadiens forwards, Leach played forward instead of his usual defensive position on 28th November 2009.
- He was claimed off waivers by the San Jose Sharks on December 1, 2009, and he played 28 games for the Sharks during the season.
- He recorded his first NHL goal in an 8 to 5 victory over the visiting Nashville Predators on March 11, 2010.
- He began the 2010-2011 season playing for the AHL's Worcester Sharks, but on 9th February 2011, he was traded back to the New Jersey Devils along with Steven Zalewski in exchange for Patrick Davis and Mike Swift.
How was Jay Leach's Coaching Career?
- Jay Leach became an assistant coach with Adler Mannheim of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga in 2014, helping the team in winning their sixth DEL Championship.
- He was appointed as assistant coach to Mike Sullivan for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, an affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL on 7th July 2015.
- He was named interim head coach in December 2015 after Sullivan was promoted to be the head coach at Pittsburgh before settling into the position of associate head coach on a permanent basis to new Wilkes-Barre/Scranton head coach Clark Donatelli.
- He departed the Penguins after one season, eventually joining the Providence Bruins as an assistant coach on 4th August 2016.
- He would be promoted to the P-Bruins head coach position prior to the 2017-2018 season.
Who is the Wife of Jay Leach?
Jay Leach is a married person. He was married to his beautiful girlfriend Kathryn Tappen after having a long affair with her. His wife is a popular celeb who currently works as a host and reporter for NBC Sports. At NBC Sports, she is covering NHL Live, Football Night n America, and Notre Dame Football. The couple is also blessed with three children. At present, the duo is living a happy married life without any disturbances.
What is the Net Worth of Jay Leach?
Jay Leach is a very successful person. His net worth will be surely in millions as he has achieved a great height in his career. His net worth is believed to have $5 Million-$10 Million as of 2020. His exact salary is under review as it has not been revealed by any sources yet. But there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work and he is satisfied with his earnings. His source of earning is from his coaching career.
How tall is Jay Leach?
Jay Leach is a very handsome person with a charming and attractive personality. He has a tall height of six feet four inches with a balanced body weight of 215 lb or 98 Kg. His other body measurements have not been revealed yet but it will be added soon once we get information about it.
Trivias About Jay Leach You Need To Know.
- He is currently the head coach of the Providence Bruins in the American Hockey League.
- He is a former captain of the Albany Devils.
- He was drafted in the fifth round (115th overall) by the Phoenix Coyotes.